The Nagantaka is Garuda's signature crossbow, firing Slash-based bolts with a very high status chance, in a semi-automatic fashion. It features an Alternate Fire that unleashes all remaining rounds in the magazine in a rapid-fire volley. Additionally, killing an enemy through a headshot will boost the speed of Nagantaka's next reload.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:40,000|
This weapon deals mostly Slash damage.
- Second highest base damage of all semi-automatic rifles, behind Grinlok.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- Highest status chance of all semi-automatic rifles, and third highest status chance of all bows behind Mutalist Cernos and Daikyu.
- Very high base accuracy.
- Headshot kills from direct bolt damage boosts reload speed.
- Guaranteed Impact proc.
- Very ammo efficient.
- High ammo reserve for its magazine size.
- Uses rifle ammo pickups instead of the scarcer sniper ammo pickups.
- Alt-fire shoots all remaining ammunition in the magazine in a quick burst.
- Benefits from magazine increasing mods to further increase the burst's damage.
- Abilities can be cast during the burst without interrupting it.
- On kill, bodies will follow the arrow that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate polarity.
- Can use the bow-exclusive Thunderbolt mod.
- Counts as a bow in regards to fire rate mods, doubling the fire rate bonus.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Primary fire is tied with Hind for the second lowest fire rate of all semi-automatic rifles, after Grinlok.
- Tied with Grinlok for the lowest magazine size of all semi-automatic rifles.
- Fairly slow reload when not boosted by its passive.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Alt-fire is not silent.
- Because Slash procs are common with this weapon, adding Viral damage to halve enemy health through proccing, will aid to quickly dispatch enemies, bypassing their armor and shields.
- Rolling can be used to interrupt a burst from the secondary attack, useful for not wasting ammo after a target's death.
- Being knocked over will not interrupt your burst from the weapon's alt fire.
- The reload speed buff only triggers from headshot kills from direct bolt damage. It does not trigger if killed by a damage over time effect made from a headshot's status proc.