The Mutalist Quanta is an Infested fused Quanta with a rapid-fire function in place of the Quanta's continuous fire feature. Like its normal version, the Mutalist Quanta possesses a unique secondary fire feature, in this case projecting infested orbs that modify the damage of shots that fly through them.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Primary fire shoots bullets in an automatic fashion.
- Alternate Fire releases a large orb that travels a short distance, then stays for 9 seconds before exploding in an 8 meter radius.
- Shots through the orb deal increased Electric damage with increased critical chance and critical multiplier – effective against Machinery and Robotic if not combined with another element.
- Orb impact has innate Radiation damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Robotic, and Infested Sinew.
- Orb explosion has innate Toxin damage – effective against Flesh and Ferrite Armor, and ignores Shields and Proto Shields.
- 100% status chance.
- Can use the Mutalist Quanta-exclusive Bursting Mass mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Primary Fire:
- Alternate Fire:
- Primary fire shots through the orb have innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Orb impact has innate Radiation damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Explosion has innate Toxin damage – less effective against Robotic and Fossilized.
- Projectiles have low flight speed and effective range.
- Expends 5 ammo per shot.
- Very low reload speed.
- Mutalist Quanta, compared to Quanta:
- Mutalist Quanta, compared to Quanta Vandal:
- Lower base damage (25.0 vs. 26.0)
- Lower area attack damage (20.0 vs. 250.0)
- Lower fire rate (10 rounds/sec vs. 12 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (540 rounds vs. 560 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3 s vs. 1.8 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 10)
- See Category:Mutalist Quanta Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Mutalist Quanta Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Shoots a large, Infested orb that travels a short distance, stops, then explodes after 9 seconds. Additional orbs will gravitate together similar to Simulor's orbs.
- Orbs can be stacked up to 3 times.
- Launching an orb costs 5 ammo per orb.
- Shots fired through the orb receive certain buffs and effects. Firing through more than one orb will accumulate some of these effects.
- Shots fired through the orb deal additional +100% × n Electricity damage (with n being the number of orbs the shot passes through).
- Shots fired through the orb will gain additional flat +25% × n critical chance, unaffected by critical chance mods.
- Shots fired through the orb will also receive a 25% increase to critical damage, unaffected by critical damage mods. This will not apply more than once with multiple orbs.
- Shots fired through the orb deal 66%n of their base damage, effectively reducing damage.
- Orbs deal Radiation damage, along with modded elemental damage to enemies inside the orb's 2 meter diameter with a 100% status proc chance.
- Orbs explode after 9 seconds dealing Toxin damage in an 8 meter radius.
- Despite the status chance displaying 0% for the orbs, the explosions actually do cause procs to their targets, with a 39% status chance that is affected by mods.
- Only fully stacked orbs have the full 8m radius. Single and double-stacked orbs have a 6m radius.
- Explosion damage scales with orb stacks, up to 3x when fully stacked, resulting in 300 Toxin damage.
- Orbs block enemy fire, such as Bombard rockets, from passing through.
- Orbs bounce off solid objects and can be moved around using melee attacks, allowing the mass to be thrown into multiple enemies after coming to a stop.
- Multishot will fire orbs pre-stacked, similar to Stug and Simulor projectiles.
- Other than projectile weapons, the following things have special interactions with Mutalist Quanta orbs.
- The Operator's Void Beam and Amps will gain additional Electricity damage and critical chance.
- Fireball will gain Electricity damage, which combines to become Radiation damage, and the ability to critically hit.
- Freeze will gain the ability to critically hit as well as a damage bonus, but no Electricity damage.
- Artemis Bow and Dex Pixia will receive a critical chance bonus and additional Electricity damage.
- Antimatter Drop receives the ability to critically hit, as well as bonus damage.
- The secondary projectiles of Smite will gain the ability to critically hit and bonus Electricity damage.
- This is difficult to do as the enemy must be inside the orb for the secondary projectiles to loop around and go through the orb to hit them.
- Direct impact from Vauban's grenades will have bonus damage, the ability to critically hit, and a low chance to deal an Electricity proc. The abilities themselves are not affected.
- The orbs can be shot into Mag's bubble, allowing them to circle around the center, boost the damage of incoming projectiles, and deal damage and proc status effects on its own. Multishot values above 200% (only possible with a riven) allow the orbs to split, doubling damage and status application.
- Gunblades will receive a critical chance bonus and additional Electricity damage.
- Caustacyst's charge attack projectile receives bonus damage and critical chance.
- Exalted Blade's waves are not affected by Mutalist Quanta orbs.
- Exalted Blade's waves will push the orbs around and will not receive any bonuses.
- Glaives and Sigma & Octantis shield can not pass through the bubble.
- Glaives with Power Throw equipped can pass through the bubble but don't receive any benefits.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.3.1
- Requires a fairly large amount of resources, including 5 Mutagen Masses, 15,000 Nano Spores, 1,200 Circuits, 1 Forma and 80,000 (including both the blueprint and the cost of construction).
- With both barrels rotating while firing, the weapon can block the player's vision when engaging targets.
- Fully stacked orbs are not attracted to other orbs.
- Temporary buffs such as Vigorous Swap, Arcane Rage and Roar must be active at the time of the orb's explosion to apply, not when the orb is launched.
- Heavy Caliber seems to have very little effect on the Mutalist Quanta's accuracy, making it a viable option for increasing the weapon's damage output.
- Placing orbs in corridors or near chokepoints helps maximize the effectiveness of their boost.
- The innate polarity matches Primed Cryo Rounds.
- Enemies become confused and attack one another when they touch the orb, making it useful for crowd control.
- Orbs will immediately explode when impacting Blunts, Bulwarks, Decoys, Molts, and Ramparts, allowing players to instantly deal high amounts of damage.
- While modding for additional critical chance is not recommended as the boost from the orbs does not take mods into account, modding for critical damage is recommended as the orbs allow weapons to critically hit more often.
- Orbs can increase the critical chance of weapons to the point where they can deal orange and red crits, but the effectiveness is offset by the reduction to base damage.
- Combining orbs together will not refresh their duration. Avoid combining orbs if one has been out for a while to conserve ammo.
- Due to the erratic physics of the orbs and the threat of them being thrown around by allied and enemy melee attacks, it can be difficult to line up an orb 'stack' to effectively shoot through. Consider getting to higher ground and/or letting an ally distract enemies for you to avoid the threat of your orbs being moved away by melee units.
- Infested orbs will add a critical chance bonus to Zenistar discs and bonus damage to direct disc impacts, but will also lower the AoE damage of the disc, resulting in lower and lower damage despite eventually being able to get red crits.
- The added electricity damage seems to combine with other single elements and elements comprised of Electricity damage on projectile secondaries and the weapon itself, but not on continuous or hitscan secondaries.
- Infested orbs tend to visually glitch when coming together in large quantites.
- In Captura, when slow motion is enabled or the player is in the War Within Choice scene, the Mutalist Quanta's arms will not rotate properly when firing; they will jerk to the side slightly between shots but move back to their neutral position by the time another shot is fired.
- Since an unknown update, the warped orange 'cube' that once appeared around the infested bubbles no longer renders.
- Mirage's Hall Of Mirrors ability will not create additional orbs from the alt-fire.
- The word Mutalist may refer to Mutualism, which is a sector in biology which refers to how two different species interact with each other where each individual benefits. Alternatively, it may simply be derived from mutate.
- "Muta" is a form of the Latin verb mūtāre, which means "to alter/to change".
- The word Quanta is plural for Quantum, used in Physics as a measure of the smallest minimum constituent of any object, ex. a Photon is the smallest quantity of light.
- The weapon has a non-static model; the weapon's arms will rotate when firing and the Infested growth moves at all times as well.
- The weapon's arms will continuously rotate faster the longer the user holds down the trigger. This doesn't affect the rate of fire, however.
- While reloading, the Infested growth on top of the weapon will eject the spent energy cell and throw it away while the player inserts a new one.
- This was the first weapon to repurpose the Zoom key into a separate Alternate Fire key that results in a completely different attack and also the first weapon to possess a separate secondary fire mode that is not engaged via charging.
- This weapon is the third hybrid weapon in the game, incorporating both Corpus and Infested characteristics, after the Orokin/Grineer Seer and the Infested/Grineer Torid.
- The weapon's projectiles appear to fire from the infested growth. Since the weapon rotates, the projectiles converge in a spiraling pattern toward the player's crosshair.
- Oddly enough, the Infestation of the weapon resulted in the arms rotating when firing, normal shots turning into individual energy bursts that deal physical damage instead of electricity and the Quanta cubes being replaced by Infested orbs.
- The Mutalist Quanta's projectile model is identical to the Paracyst's and Torid's, being a chitinous brown-violet pod with a number of large, yellow, barnacle-like 'tubes' coming from it. This can easily be seen in Captura by pausing the time and zooming in on one of the projectiles.
- Interestingly, the energy color for both the primary and secondary firing modes is orange and is unaffected by the chosen energy color.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.2.1
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|