The Mutalist Cernos is an Infested , possessing a lower critical chance in exchange for a significant increase in status chance. The bow also releases spores that follow arrow impacts, producing lingering damage clouds.
This weapon can be sold for 8,500. It is also a requisite ingredient for .
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Spore clouds have innate damage – effective against Flesh and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Highest status chance of all bows.
- Arrow impacts spawns a small cloud that deals damage over 3 meters and has a chance to apply a proc every second for 10 seconds.
- Spore cloud does not inflict self-stagger.
- Initial hit and spore cloud apply status separately.
- Pinpoint accuracy when aiming ( ).
- On kill, bodies will follow the arrow that killed them, damaging enemies in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate polarity.
- Can use the bow-exclusive mod.
- Can benefit from ( ).
- Fire rate mods apply double their bonuses.
- Low and damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Spore clouds have innate damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Arrows have travel time with slight arcing.
- Second lowest critical chance of all bows, after .
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Spore clouds will alert enemies, despite the weapon being silent.
- Spore clouds appear as a second projectile shortly after the arrow impact, slightly delaying its presence.
- Spore clouds will follow arrow impacts even on ragdolled corpses.
- Spore cloud range cannot be increased with .
The Mutalist Cernos's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 250||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- In regards to Riven Mods, the Mutalist Cernos is considered separate from the rest of the family and cannot use Cernos Rivens; they must be specifically for the Mutalist Cernos.
- Upon hitting an enemy or an object, the Mutalist Cernos's spore will create a small cloud that deals damage every second to any enemy within its radius. This cloud lasts for 10 seconds.
- The spore cloud deals 5 damage per second modified by any base damage and elemental damage mods installed on the weapon.
- The cloud's primary damage is of the same damage type(s) as the elements installed on the weapon, with the innate damage combining with them last, similarly to other pure elemental weapons.
- Each tick from the cloud has a chance to proc as well as any modded elemental status effect, with each stack displayed separately to the cloud's larger primary damage ticks.
- The forced proc damage over time is calculated as normal; 50% of the spore's base damage adjusted by base damage mods, plus the damage bonus from mods. Unmodified this is 2.5 damage per second stacks (displayed rounded down) in addition to the cloud's primary damage ticks. Since procs last 8 seconds, and the proc is refreshed every second of the 10 second cloud duration, the proc duration will last a maximum of 18 seconds from the initial spore cloud damage tick.
- The cloud itself is not affected by status duration mods like , but the cloud's procs of , or of course are.
- While the cloud effect is similar to the , the clouds are smaller and can sometimes spread between enemies.
- The user interface will not display elemental damage mods after combining with the toxin due to the calculation only displaying base damage initially and modded arrow damage (effectively treating the cloud as if it were the modded damage, thus reducing arrow elements from the UI), resulting in elemental damage displayed after first to be inaccurate.
- The number of spore clouds are affected by Multishot.
- For charged shots, the spore's critical chance and critical multiplier will be boosted, keep the same as the arrow's values. However, the spore's base damage is unaffected by charging.
- Altering the Projectile Speed will affect both the arrow and the spore, including , and possible Riven Mods' stats.
- The Mutalist Cernos is ill suited for stealth missions, as enemies that are damaged by lingering toxin clouds will be immediately alerted to the Tenno's presence.
- Multiple spore clouds can be a hindrance as they may obscure the player's vision.
- The continuous damage dealt by spore clouds is quite effective at in taking down Nullifier and Arctic Eximus shields faster compared to other bows, on top of dealing direct damage to the shielded enemy's health.
- Any arrow that procs 's explosion will not result in a spore being fired, making its usage ill-advised.
- Mods that add sufficient punch through will often result in the spore landing well behind a targeted enemy. While this may allow the Mutalist Cernos to deal with cameras, turrets, and other stationary destructibles or objects from behind obstructions, it is suggested that such mods be avoided, as the downsides far outweigh the benefits.
- Unlike the 's projectile, the spores will attach to a Nullifier bubble (or Arctic Eximus Globe) at the point of impact, continuously applying damage and shrinking the bubble. This makes the bow an efficient means of combating Nullifiers in Bow-only Corpus Sorties.
- Can utilize effectively, as damage from the clouds will refresh the duration of the multishot bonus, and cause the weapon to fire a large spread of arrows for excessive amounts of procs.
- Mutalist cloud from the second arrow may have a base status chance of around 15~23% or is not affected by status chance mods like the lightning rings.
- Similar to a bug previously present on the , the clouds that stick to enemies after getting shot with an arrow will sometimes do no damage to that enemy.
Mutalist Cernos Skins
- , the normal counterpart.
- , the Red Veil custom counterpart.
- , the primed counterpart.
- , another Infested Cernos that uses Mutalist Cernos as a requisite ingredient.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|