Morphics are a rare component that can be found on Mercury, Mars, Europa and Pluto. It is usually found in quantities of 1. Morphics are most often found by defeating Captain Vor, The Sergeant and Ambulas rather than normal enemies.
Despite being classified as rare components, the ubiquity of locations that drop Morphics makes it trivial to acquire a large amount of Morphics after a few missions.
Blueprints Requiring Morphics
- Although labeled as rare, the drop rate of Morphics is rather high, making it one of the easiest rare components to obtain.
These are based on opinions and may not be true. These should be viewed as advice unless proven undoubtedly true. Check comments for confirmation. Results may vary.
- Hellas on Mars will give 4+ Morphics each run. Adding Thief's Wit and/or breaking all containers will grant 2 or 3 more Morphics.
- The Extermination mission Augustus (Mars) seems to have a relatively high drop rate of Morphics in the containers (needs testing)
- It is suggested to do the Mars mobile defense mission, Olympus, to obtain Morphics due to the high amounts of enemies. Getting almost 2-3 Morphics every 10 waves. (Needs further testing, Only saw 1 drop every time)
- Opening all lockers and breaking all containers on Olympus will for sure always yield one Morphic. If it doesn't drop from either lockers or containers it will drop from a mob within the first five waves. (Tested over 10 runs.)
- War, Mars is a good place to farm Morphics from the boss Lt Lech Kril. This is due to the fact he also drops Gallium which is rarer thereby pushing the Morphics drop rate up.
- It should be mentioned that you can get 1-4 Morphics from farming The Sergeant. Even if he doesn't drop any Morphics, the normal enemies and the containers throughout the level are practically guaranteed to drop at least 1, if not more, Morphics. (Needs further testing, currently he mostly drops Gallium at 2 out of 3 runs, As of Update 13.8.)
- Infested Survival missions are good source of Morphics; you will get approximately 5 each time you complete a mission.
- The Mercury defense mission has a good rate.
- Kadesh, a Dark Sector Defense on Mars will yield approximately 6+ Morphics due to the increased resource drop rates in Dark Sectors.
- Arcadia on Mars has a slightly higher drop rate of Morphics. (Needs testing, got 7 after about 30 minutes)
- In mathematics and computer science, a morphic word is an infinite sequence of symbols which is constructed from a particular class of endomorphism of a free monoid.
- Judging by its amorphous property, Morphics could be composed of a nickel-titanium alloy.