Mobile Defense is a Mission type requiring players to carry a datamass to 2-3 computer terminals and upload it to them. Once uploaded at each terminal, players will have to defend the terminal until hacking is completed. Unlike normal Defense missions, these require players to defend for a set period of time instead of a set amount of waves, and will allow extraction once all terminals have been defended, no longer requiring the datamass. The mission will fail if a single terminal is destroyed.
Terminals possess a scaled amount of health and shields matching the level of the mission. If defended against damage, terminals will regenerate shields and health on their own after some time passes, stacking with Rejuvenation auras.
A standard Mobile Defense mission on most tilesets requires players to protect 3 data terminals in three different large rooms for 60-80 seconds per terminal, based on mission level, for a total defense time of 180-240 seconds. Variations on this formula are as follows:
- Non-standard Mobile Defense missions (e.g. Nightmare Mode) will sometimes reduce the number of data terminals by 1 while maintaining the same total defense time. When this occurs, the defense times for the remaining terminals will increase from 60-80 seconds to 90-120 seconds, based on mission level. (This variation is possible on all ground tilesets, including those mentioned elsewhere in this list.)
- Mobile Defense missions taking place within the Grineer Asteroid tileset have all objectives co-located in the same large room. The last data terminal defense is replaced by a cryopod defense which is initiated by activating a pair of friendship consoles.
- On Infested Ships, one of the terminal rooms is flooded with white gas that continually deals Corrosive damage with a chance to proc against all players in the room. Two subterminals in the same room can be used to vent the gas, temporarily removing it for a few seconds.
- The Grineer Shipyards Mobile Defense tile features three objectives, with two of them out in pods accessible only by bridges, making them easy to defend. The third objective can only be accessed once the first two have been completed, taking place inside a reactor room whose narrow confines encourage close combat.
- Archwing Mobile Defense requires players to defend 3 satellites during a set period of time. Unlike regular missions, no datamass is required and the hacking is initiated by a player getting close to the satellite.
All Mobile Defense missions reward up to 3000 objective affinity, based on mission level, upon successful defense of each objective.
|Lith B7 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith D3 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith K5 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith M7 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith N5 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith N6 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith P4 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith P5 Relic||5.88%|
|Lith T4 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso C6 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso C6 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso E4 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso E5 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso I1 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso K3 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso N10 Relic||5.88%|
|Meso P2 Relic||5.88%|
- Tiwaz, Void
|Axi A10 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi A11 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi A12 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi B3 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi C5 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi H5 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi T4 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi W1 Relic||5.88%|
|Axi Z1 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo B6 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo D2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo E2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo I2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo N13 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo S14 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo T2 Relic||5.88%|
|Neo Z6 Relic||5.88%|
- Aten, Void
Healing Interactions With Defense Objects
- Main article: Defense Objects
Only static defense objects can be healed or receive damage reduction from other sources in accordance with the tables below:
|Healing source||Normal effect||Effect on all types of static defendable objects (Cryopods, Excavators, etc)|
|Gara's Mending Splinters||3 HP per sec for each active splinter||Same as normal|
|Hildryn's Haven||500 Max Shields
80% faster Shield recharge
|Same as normal|
|Protea's Grenade Fan||500 Shield restore on attach
50 Shield restore per second
|Same as normal|
|Trinity's Blessing||Up to 100% HP and Shield restore||Heal for 500 over 5 seconds, can’t stack|
|Trinity's Well Of Life||100 HP/sec + 1% life steal||100 HP/sec, no life steal|
|Equinox's Mend & Maim (Mend)||25 Shields for each enemy killed
Burst heal based on how much damage was dealt
|Shields per enemy killed and heal for 500 over 5 seconds, can’t stack|
|Vazarin's Protective Dash||5 seconds invulnerability
60% Heal over 5 seconds
Heal for 500 over 5 seconds, can’t stack
|Khora's Venari||Heal for 50 HP/sec||Same as normal|
|Hydroid's Curative Undertow||Heals 30% hp every 1.5 secs when ally stands on it||Heal for 100 per 1.5 sec|
|Harrow's Penance||Heals allies for a % of damage dealt||Heals are capped up to 50 per second.|
|Oberon's Renewal||125 burst heal
50 health per sec
|Same as normal|
|Garuda's Blood Altar||Heals by % of missing health/second||No effect|
|Inaros' Scarab Swarm||Heals for damage dealt by Swarm Projectile divided by allies in range.||Same as normal|
|Nidus' Ravenous||Heal allies standing on it for 20 HP per second||Same as normal|
|Wisp's Reservoirs (Vitality mote)||Increase max hp by 300 and heal for 30 HP per second||Same as normal|
|Volt's Capacitance||Grants shields based on 3% of damage dealt||Capped at 250 shields, no overshields|
|Titania's passive||4 HP per Second for 20 Seconds||Same as normal|
|Sancti Magistar||Heals for damage dealt in an AoE||Heal for up to 500 over 5 seconds, can’t stack with other players. Going from a burst to Heal over Time.|
|Ancient Healer Specter||Heal for 100 HP every 20 seconds||Same as normal|
|Rejuvenation||Heal 3 HP per sec||Same as normal|
|Arcane Pulse||60% chance to heal for 150 HP when picking up a health orb with a 15 sec cooldown||Same as normal|
|Damage Reduction Sources||Normal effect||Effect on all types of static Defendable objects (Cryopods, Excavators, etc)|
|Trinity's Blessing||50% Damage reduction||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
|Mirage's Total Eclipse||Grants 75% Damage reduction to allies||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
|Titania's Tribute (Thorns buff)||50% damage redirected to enemies||No effect|
|Gara's Splinter Storm||70% Damage reduction||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
|Ember's Immolated Radiance||50% of Immolates Damage reduction applies to allies||Capped at 45% Damage Reduction|
|Baruuk's Desolate Hands||80% Damage reduction||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
|Harrow's Warding Thurible||40% Damage Reduction||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
|Nezha's Warding Halo||Absorbs 90% of damage||Capped at 50% Damage Reduction|
- Terminals are immune to health damage until they are activated.
- Mobile Defense missions can randomly change into Exterminate. The Lotus will inform the Player to "ignore your original objective" and "leave nothing alive". The Mobile Defense UI will be replaced by the Exterminate enemies killed counter and the extraction pointer will appear once the required number of enemies is killed.
- However it is also possible to hack the remaining Mobile Defense terminals if the players carry the Datamass to them before extracting.
- At the halfway point of each defense phase within a standard Mobile Defense mission, an unusually strong wave of enemies, often including Eximus enemies, will spawn and attempt to storm the objective.
- The strength of this wave increases as more objectives are defended within a mission.
- In a non-standard Mobile Defense mission with only 2 objectives, strong enemy waves will instead occur around the 33% and 67% points of each defense phase, with each wave within the same mission spawning tougher enemies.
- If the players destroy the terminal via Radiation damage, it will reward some affinity before failing the mission.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures