|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Charged shots are tied with Daikyu for highest base status chance of all primaries weapons.
- No recoil and pinpoint accuracy.
- Shots ricochet off surfaces, allowing them to hit multiple targets or hit the same target.
- Charged shots have innate 2.5 meter Punch Through.
- Projectiles are wide, allowing them to hit multiple targets standing next to each-other.
- Innate polarity.
- Can equip the Miter-exclusive Neutralizing Justice mod.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Low critical chance.
- Projectiles have slow travel time.
- Low fire rate.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- See Category:Miter Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Miter Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
AcquisitionMiter's main blueprint and components can be obtained from the dual boss team Lech Kril and Captain Vor on Exta, Ceres.
|Main Blueprint||16.67%||13 – 14 kills||47 ± 13 kills|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- Can reach 100% status chance with two of the following: Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, and Malignant Force. This will guarantee a proc occurs when the weapon is fired on a full charge.
- The Miter has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- A fully charged rounds have high Punch Through, making it effective against large groups, particularly Infested due to the high Slash damage.
- This also makes it possible to hit a single enemy twice with one shot: shooting a charged round directly at an enemy in front of a wall will make the rebounded blade hit the enemy a second time.
- Mods that affect fire rate also affect the charging time.
- The Sniper Ammo Mutation mod is highly recommended as ammo can drain fast with normal attacks. Also, using Team Ammo Restores or Carrier's Ammo Case is another alternative to keeping your ammo up.
- As the weapon's projectiles start their flight at the rear of the weapon (compared to the edge of the barrel for most weapons) and fly in straight lines, it is not recommended to use Heavy Caliber as the mod will cause the blades to be fired at wide angles from the aiming reticle at high ranks.
- While having a crit chance of only 5% on uncharged shots, fully charged shots have a base crit chance of 10% which is enough to bring it up to 25% with Point Strike, enough to take advantage of heavy critical headshot slash procs that are very common with the miter due to having mostly slash damage.
- With the addition of the crits on charged shots, it's possible to deal procs of 4,000 or more per tick when getting a crit and a slash proc on a headshot on a Grineer enemy, regardless of their level (without any slash damage mods). This allows the weapon to perform surprisingly well on higher levels, similar to how the Dread can cause strong slash procs even through heavy grineer armor.
- It can be useful to add Continuous Misery to the weapon to extend the slash proc's duration.
- Due to the slow projectile speed, it can be difficult to hit targets. Even is they are directly approaching you from a distance. If you instead aim at the ground ahead of them, the blade will ricochet off of the ground and almost invariably hit your target.
- When fired from a clone via Hall Of Mirrors, the projectile will be the user's color palette, however the destroyed sawblade will be the default palette upon contact with a second bounce.
- When firing the projectiles at a Button on certain Orokin missions, the blades will hit the button and spin in place. At the end of their flight time, they will fall to the ground.
- The Miter has a non-static model; its discs rotate inside the weapon during charging, although the effect is barely visible to the user due to the position of the gun.
- The Miter was first seen in the game with the Grineer Eviscerator in the Sling-Stone Event.
- A miter saw is a type of power saw with a circular sawblade.
- Written on the disc is the word which translates to "Cutface" in Grineer.
- The Miter can be carried by Grineer Targets in a Capture mission.
- A blade that has been shot can be found on the ground shortly after its third impact. After a few seconds it will disappear.
- When held using Hall Of Mirrors, the sawblade will not be hidden if the User looks through one of their clones.
- Grineer Eviscerators seem to be able to fire the weapon faster than a player can without any fire rate Mods (uncharged).
- The Panthera, a rifle which requires the Miter as a prerequisite to be built, similarly fires sawblades, with an additional ability to fire a levitating saw that deals continuous damage.
- Slightly contrasting the Miter, however, the Panthera's sawblades are aligned vertically, compared to the Miter, whose sawblades are aligned horizontally.
- It cannot charge its attacks unlike the Miter.
- The Miter can be considered one of the toughest weapons to acquire in the game. Due to its high number of parts in addition to the Twin Gremlins Blueprint being on the same drop table, it's highly likely to end up with multiple duplicates before getting the last missing part.
Last updated: Update 21.3
- Eviscerator, the Grineer unit that uses the Miter.
- Punch Through, for details on which parts of the environment can and cannot be pierced by the blade.
- Panthera, the weapon that is crafted using the Miter.