This weapon is a requisite ingredient for .
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against health.
- Highest status chance of all charged rifles.
- No recoil and pinpoint accuracy.
- Shots ricochet off surfaces, allowing them to hit multiple targets or hit the same target.
- Charged shots have innate 2.5 meter punch through.
- Wide projectiles, allowing them to hit multiple targets standing next to each-other.
- Innate polarity.
- Can equip the Miter-exclusive mod.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Low critical chance.
- Projectiles have slow travel time.
- Low fire rate.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
|Main Blueprint||16.67%||13 – 14 kills||47 ± 13 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Miter has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- A fully charged rounds have high punch through, making it effective against large groups, particularly Infested due to the high damage.
- This also makes it possible to hit a single enemy twice with one shot: shooting a charged round directly at an enemy in front of a wall will make the rebounded blade hit the enemy a second time.
- Mods that affect fire rate also affect the charging time.
- The mod is highly recommended as ammo can drain fast with normal attacks. Also, using Squad Ammo Restores or Carrier's Ammo Case is another alternative to keeping your ammo up.
- As the weapon's projectiles start their flight at the rear of the weapon (compared to the edge of the barrel for most weapons) and fly in straight lines, it is not recommended to use as the mod will cause the blades to be fired at wide angles from the aiming reticle at high ranks.
- While having a crit chance of only 5% on uncharged shots, fully charged shots have a base crit chance of 10% which is enough to bring it up to 25% with , enough to take advantage of heavy critical headshot slash procs that are very common with the miter due to having mostly slash damage.
- With the addition of the crits on charged shots, it's possible to deal procs of 4,000 or more per tick when getting a crit and a slash proc on a headshot on a Grineer enemy, regardless of their level (without any slash damage mods). This allows the weapon to perform surprisingly well on higher levels, similar to how the can cause strong slash procs even through heavy grineer armor.
- It can be useful to add to the weapon to extend the slash proc's duration.
- Due to the slow projectile speed, it can be difficult to hit targets. Even is they are directly approaching you from a distance. If you instead aim at the ground ahead of them, the blade will ricochet off of the ground and almost invariably hit your target.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When fired from a clone via , the projectile will be the user's color palette, however the destroyed sawblade will be the default palette upon contact with a second bounce.
- When firing the projectiles at a Button on certain Orokin missions, the blades will hit the button and spin in place. At the end of their flight time, they will fall to the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Miter has a non-static model; its discs rotate inside the weapon during charging, although the effect is barely visible to the user due to the position of the gun.
- The Miter was first seen in the game with the Grineer Eviscerator in the Sling-Stone Event.
- A miter saw is a type of power saw with a circular sawblade.
- Written on the disc is the word which translates to "Cutface" in Grineer.
- The Miter can be carried by Grineer Targets in a Capture mission.
- A blade that has been shot can be found on the ground shortly after its third impact. After a few seconds it will disappear.
- Reloading, even while the magazine is empty, will always eject a saw out the top of the magazine that uses the default colors, remaining intact. This is unlike fired blades which retain customization colors but crumple when they bounce and drop to the floor.
- When held using , the sawblade will not be hidden if the User looks through one of their clones.
- Grineer Eviscerators seem to be able to fire the weapon faster than a player can without any fire rate Mods (uncharged).
- The , a rifle which requires the Miter as a prerequisite to be built, similarly fires sawblades, with an additional ability to fire a levitating saw that deals continuous damage.
- Slightly contrasting the Miter, however, the Panthera's sawblades are aligned vertically, compared to the Miter, whose sawblades are aligned horizontally.
- It cannot charge its attacks unlike the Miter.
- The Miter can be considered one of the toughest weapons to acquire in the game. Due to its high number of parts in addition to the Blueprint being on the same drop table, it's highly likely to end up with multiple duplicates before getting the last missing part.
- Up until the introduction of the , the Miter was the only weapon to use a Chassis as a component. Beyond these two, only Warframes use Chassis as a manufacturing requirement.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 21.3 (2017-08-02)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Eviscerator, the Grineer unit that uses the Miter.
- Punch through, for details on which parts of the environment can and cannot be pierced by the blade.
- , the weapon that is crafted using the Miter.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|