Yellow-orange Mine Ospreys deploy energy orbs that will explode after a short period of time, or if a player steps on them. They will continue to deploy mines as long as there are players nearby. It is possible for mines to attach themselves to other units if they land on them and potentially killing them. Mines can also be destroyed by shooting them before the osprey deploys them.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Unlike their Shielding variants, Mine Ospreys intend to get close to players before they begin dropping mines.
- They are durable and can also be protected by the Shield Ospreys.
- The mines are temporary as their lifetime detonation can be heard.
- Rarely, the Mine Ospreys can overcharge their mines, having explosives more than three times the Osprey's own size. Stepping onto these will frequently lead to devastating results.
- Unfortunately, these can be dropped properly upon their death.
- Mines do not detonate on their own Corpus faction friendlies, thus do not deal area damage against their own as well.
- Occasionally, the mines have a tendency to float, increasing their threat.
- When fighting alongside Corpus in an Infestation, Mine Ospreys are capable of defeating large amounts of Infested by themselves thanks to flying and dealing AoE damage, making them very valuable allies. However, they are vulnerable to Toxic Ancients.
- The mines have a chance to knock you down, leaving you vulnerable to attacks from other enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mine Ospreys are very effective in a group, as they lay mines fast, potentially becoming a problem.
- It is possible that the Mutalist Osprey is an infested version of the Mine Osprey; as they both have the same color scheme, and the Mutalist Osprey drops Crawlers the same way the Mine Osprey drops energy mines.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The codex entry for this enemy can be easily completed by fighting the Jackal, as they spawn during the boss fight.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Currently, the Codex lists the Mine Osprey as "Deployed by Fusion MOA" when it spawns normally without Fusion MOAs.