Mastery Ranking, commonly abbreviated as MR, is a method of tracking how much of the game's total content a player has experienced, with points earned by ranking up Warframes, Weapons, Companions or Archwings to Rank 30 through Affinity and also successfully completing Junctions and nodes on the Star Chart.
Players can view their own Mastery Progress and Rank by hovering the cursor over their Avatar on the top left corner of the UI. The profiles and Mastery progress of the player and other squad members can also be viewed by clicking "Profile" under their equipment tab. These details of other players in chat or in communications can be viewed by selecting their name and clicking "Profile."
Increasing Mastery Rank
To increase Mastery Rank, a player must earn Mastery Points through the following methods:
- Ranking Weapons, Sentinel weapons, and Archwing weapons will earn 100 mastery points for each rank gained up to Rank 30 for a total of 3,000.
- Ranking Warframes, Companions, Archwings, and K-Drives will earn 200 mastery points for each rank gained up to Rank 30 for a total of 6,000.
- Though modular in nature, unlike Zaws and Kitguns, K-Drives do not require gilding to be able to award mastery points.
- Clearing the main objective of any Mission node for the first time and extracting will grant a predetermined number of mastery points (Map progress can be viewed in the general stats in the profile menu).
- Victory against the opponent frame in a Junction grants 1,000 mastery points.
- Each rank of a Railjack's Intrinsics grants 1,500 mastery points.
Take note that each individual equipment will only grant its mastery points once per variant; polarization or selling a Rank 30 equipment and then purchasing & reusing it will not grant mastery points again, including in the event that a copy of already max-ranked equipment is obtained and used. If equipment below max rank are sold, then purchased and reused, only the ranks previously not gained will grant mastery points.
Variants of original equipment count as a different equipment for mastery ranking; MK1, Prime, Syndicate, Vandal, Wraith, Prisma, the Mara Detron, and Akimbo/Dual variants. For example, Braton, MK1-Braton, Braton Vandal, and Braton Prime are all considered different weapons, each with their own set of mastery points, with a total of 12,000 mastery points for fully ranking all four weapons. The same goes for different breeds of same-species Companion such as Chesa Kubrow, Raksa Kubrow, and Helminth Charger.
Excess mastery points are not lost if a player reaches the amount required to advance a rank – these will automatically fill the next mastery bar, displayed only once the player has succeeded on the rank-up test.
Mastery Rank Tests
In order to be promoted to the next Mastery Rank, a player must pass a test for each progressive rank they are trying to achieve. Mastery tests can only be accessed in solo play, and require the player to bring a full arsenal regardless of any in-test weapon restrictions. Each test is different and usually harder between ranks.
When a player becomes eligible for their next Mastery Rank they will be alerted and be given the option to proceed to the test immediately or wait. If the player chooses to wait they can access the test by simply hovering over their profile icon and selecting the "Rank Up" option later. The player's next Mastery Rank test will also be available for practice and, if eligible, for rank up in Cephalon Simaris' Relay room, as well as the players past completed Mastery Rank tests.
There is a 24-hour lapse in between consecutive attempts, whether having failed and to retake the current test or having succeeded previously and to qualify for the next rank.
It is recommended players go along the right aisle of the Cephalon Simaris room in most relays to practice for the current test beforehand. Outside of practice mode, inability to complete a test due to forfeiting or disconnection will consume the allowed attempt for the current day.
Players are also able to redo previous tests along the Cephalon's aisle. Players will be able to access all the tests previously passed, as well as the one for the next level.
The Operator cannot be used for Mastery Rank tests at 23 and below.
Tests for Rank 1-10
- Exterminate Test (Primary)
- This test requires players to exterminate three waves of enemies with their primary weapon.
The player starts in the center of a room encircled by eight pillars. From here they must eliminate 3, 5 and 8 enemies within 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 for each wave respectively.
- Exterminate Test (Secondary)
- This test requires players to eliminate three waves of enemies with their secondary weapon.
The player starts in the center of a room encircled by eight pillars. From here they must eliminate 8, 12 and 16 enemies within 0:45, 1:00 and 1:15 for each wave respectively.
- Exterminate Test (Melee)
- This test requires players to eliminate three waves of enemies with their melee weapon.
The player starts in the center of a room encircled by four pillars. From here they must eliminate 5, 7 and 9 enemies within 0:45, 1:00 and 1:15 for each wave respectively.
- Survival Test
- This test requires players to endure an unlimited onslaught of Infested for a given period of time.
The player starts in the center of a room surrounded by several walls and platforms. From here they must survive for 1:30.
- Leaving the center will relocate players to starting center instead.
- Stealth skills can be used to complete the test without issue.
- Terminal Hacking Test
- This test requires players to hack six terminals within a time limit of 1:45.
The player starts in the center encircled by terminals. From here they must hack three Grineer terminals and three Corpus terminals to pass the test.
- Failed hacks do not automatically fail the test, so long as they are completed before time limit ends.
- You may use Ciphers, despite the test's purpose.
- Target Tracking Test
- This test requires players to track targets quickly and accurately.
The player starts the test standing on a brightly lit circular platform in a dark room encircled with metallic spheres. The player's camera will be turned toward the first target at the beginning of each round. Upon shooting the first target, lines will connect unlit spheres in succession before stopping at another target, this process will repeat itself until the test has ended.
- Upon missing the white sphere, the original red sphere will be voided, reverting into a normal sphere. A new red sphere will appear elsewhere, thus it is better to take your time aiming rather than attempting to rush your aim.
- Any accurate weapon with a large magazine size (to avoid wasted time reloading) will do nicely. Shotguns are also a viable option since the test counts one shot per round, not per pellets.
- Timed Exterminate Test
- This test requires players to eliminate three waves of enemies within 1:00.
- Movement Test
- This test requires players to jump across several platforms, with a varying distance between each one. Shooting the red orbs that appear spawns the next platform. Players have three tries to complete the test; any fall from the platforms counts as a try.
- This test is not timed, so give yourself some time to gauge each distance before you jump.
- Using advanced movement maneuvers (Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Wall Dash and Aim Glide) is necessary. If you have no experience with them, expect to have to try the test in practice mode (at Larunda Relay, Mercury, with Cephalon Simaris) several times. Note: bullet-jumping from a crouch rather than a slide makes this trial MUCH easier.
- You are limited to your secondary weapon for this test, so make sure to bring one with at least some range (and not, say, Atomos), or you might have trouble reaching the spheres.
- First red orb: Bullet-jump to the platform. Remember to look up, not at the platform, while doing so, to jump higher.
- Second red orb: Double-jump to the first platform, then bullet-jump to the second.
- Third red orb: Bullet-jump to the platform.
- Fourth red orb: Bullet-jump towards the wall, then wall-jump up it to land on the platform at its top. Jump to the next platform.
- Fifth red orb: Bullet-jump towards the nearest, lower platform, again looking up. Then at the apex of your jump, aim-glide towards the platform in order to be able to reach it. Once landed, bullet-jump up to the final platform marked with a bright arrow.
- Stealth Test
This test requires players to make use of cover and track enemy movements in order to assassinate targets without being detected using their equipped melee weapon only.
Players start in a room equipped with only their melee weapon. They make their way through three stages with increasing numbers of enemies and increasingly complexity patrol routes. Successful elimination of all enemies in a stage will unlock the next one.
Players are allowed three tries. Alerting an enemy counts as a try and will reset the stage. Falling off a platform does not count as a try. Also, there is no time limit.
At any point in time each enemy will be in one of 4 alert states: "Calm", "Investigative", "Suspicious" and "Alerted".
- "Calm" is the default state all enemies start in. They will be slowly patrolling along their predefined patrol routes, speaking random phrases in their language. They can be killed with a stealth finisher while in this state.
- "Investigative" is the state an enemy enters when they briefly see the player for a split second. E.g. showing to an enemy from behind the pillar then quickly hiding back in is what could cause this state to be activated from "Calm". They will pronounce a suspicion phrase that sounds like a question, and alter their patrol course to start moving to the point where they saw the player. The test does not yet fail if an enemy enters this state.
- "Suspicious" is when they see the player for longer still than what is required to enter "Investigative" state. E.g. falling off the platform in front of an enemy is an example of what could cause them to enter this state from "Calm". They will pronounce a suspicion phrase, then simply stop dead in their tracks and wait for a few seconds. In this state they cannot be killed with a stealth finisher. If they don't see a player within several seconds, they will fall back into "Calm" state and continue patrolling. The test does not yet fail if an enemy enters this state, and in fact it is quite possible to kill a nearby enemy that is transitioning from "Calm" into "Suspicious" state without failing the test.
- "Alerted", is the state an enemy in "Suspicious" state enters when they only glance momentarily at a player. The test instantly fails, even if you subsequently kill the enemy that entered this state.
- Primary and secondary weapons, as well as abilities and companions, are disabled.
- Ranged melee weapons like the Glaive or the Redeemer can be used for taking out enemies from a safe distance.
- Note that the Redeemer is not silent and cannot be silenced with any mods, although Banshee's Passive Ability can counter this.
- Skiajati's passive can make the player go invisible on Finishers.
- Enemies can see far ahead of them in a cone-shape that expands with more distance. The sounds of running, jumping and falling do not alert them. Swinging your weapon will not alert them either, except if they are in a close proximity.
- Enemies are also very weak; one melee hit kills them.
- Increasing field of view in the options helps in glancing around corners.
- Mods that increase enemy radar ( Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense, Vigilante Pursuit) are extremely useful. It is also useful to open the full map (default ) immediately on starting the test.
- Hitting will pause the test, which is very useful when following a video walkthrough.
- First stage: Three enemies. Kill the immobile enemy whose back is turned. Wait until one of the other two is hidden behind the pillars and the other has his back turned; run up to and kill that one. Then jump to the top of a pillar; the enemy can't see you there and you can jump down and kill him from behind at your leisure.
- Second stage: Four enemies, two at ground level and two on an elevated walkway. Run towards one of the pillars closest to you and jump up it; the lower two can't see you and you can jump down to kill them whenever it's convenient. Then move below the walkway, keeping the other two in view; they can't see you standing below them, so you can jump up behind them and kill them whenever they are far away from each other.
- Third stage: Six enemies, three in the courtyard enclosed by pillars nearer to you, and three towards the back. First, kill the nearer three: As soon as they appear, run towards the closest pillar on either side and hide. Wait until you are out of line of sight and kill the three enemies one at a time whenever convenient. Then, kill the two in the far corners: Move towards them, hiding behind pillars, and kill them when their back is turned. Finally, watch the last one on his small platform: when his back is turned, jump carefully up behind him and kill him.
- Disappearing Platform Test
- This test requires players to eliminate targets at range while maneuvering on platforms in a 3x3 grid that will permanently disappear after a few seconds of standing on them.
The player will spawn in on a normal platform and the test will begin once you enter the grid area. You must kill all enemies spawning periodically atop five elevated platforms which line the far end of the grid. Once the player steps on a platform it will begin flashing increasing in speed until it disappears 8 seconds later.
Players have three chances to complete the test. Falling from the tileset counts as a try.
- The number of targets is always 15, or, approximately, 1.6 per platform.
- It is recommended to go on all the edge platforms then use the one in the very middle to make use of all platforms and provide additional time.
- There are invisible walls preventing players from accessing the elevated platforms.
- Using Titania's Razorwing form or Ivara's Dashwire arrows from Quiver to connect ziplines to platforms can make this test trivial.
- Using a Continuous Hit-Scan weapon, such as the Quanta can make hitting targets easier.
- Using the Ignis can make the test inconsequential; as without having to aim precisely, you are free to focus on ensuring you have a safe platform to stand on. Sinister Reach is suggested for this approach, but not required.
- It is possible to stand on a tiny protrusion on one of the enemy platforms removing the urgency to maneuver the disappearing platforms.
Tests for Rank 11-20
- Time Trial Test
- This test requires players to make their way through an obstacle course while shooting red orbs to increase the amount of time they have to finish the course. Each orb adds 3.5 seconds of time.
- Fast moving frames such as Volt or Loki are very handy for this test as speed can significantly ease completion.
- Using Zephyr's Tail Wind can make it possible to reach the end of the test without the need to go through the entire course. Especially the maze towards the end as she can go over the walls.
- Be sure to bring hitscan weapons as well, as some orbs move. At one point, you will take a hovering platform slowly up, during which moving orbs will appear. It is critical to shoot these as the time it takes for you to reach the top may run your time out.
- When attempting to complete the challenge, it is best to keep moving in the case that you miss an orb. Stopping to shoot the orb can result in you basically using the time you just gained.
- Using Titania's Razorwing allows the player to fly through the test.
- Carousel Test
- This test requires players to eliminate enemies while being aware of their surroundings.
Players start on a platform facing a carousel-like structure with two disks connected with a large pillar at their centers. Between the disks are a set of lasers which separate the quadrants of the disks and slowly rotate around the disks, essentially circling the "carousel".
The object of the test is to reach the carousel, eliminate 16 enemies spawning on the outer disk, all while avoiding the moving lasers.
- The lasers move at about walking speed, and position can be judged by the set in front of the player.
- The lasers heavily damage shields, but the player is permitted to use revives available to them if they die.
- Rhino's Iron Skin can prevent this instant kill.
- Ivara's Prowl with Infiltrate augment can be used to easily pass this test, as players will be able to walk through lasers unharmed and will still be able to kill enemies on the outer ring.
- Limbo's Rift Walk can be used to pass through the lasers unharmed.
- Using Titania's Razorwing allows the player to fly above most of the lasers and towards the enemies, killing them easily.
- A relatively accurate weapon is recommended, as the enemies are at mid to long range.
- Sentinels with Deth Machine Rifle or Stinger can help with eliminating targets.
- Ballistica, its burst fire producing a projectile "fan" when mobile, makes this test trivial.
- Advanced Disappearing Platform Test
- This test requires players to eliminate enemies while remaining extremely mobile.
Players start facing a number of platforms surrounded by walls which can be run across. Once the player touches a platform, it begins to flash increasingly rapidly and will disappear after a few seconds. The platforms are arranged with one in each corner, and three stacked vertically in the center.
Players have three tries to eliminate all enemies on surrounding platforms. Each fall counts as a try and returns all previously exhausted platforms.
Companions cannot be used in this test.
- The number of targets is always 16, or, approximately, 2.3 per platform.
- Plan the order by which you will use the platforms, to avoid getting stuck in a corner.
- Utilize Power Wall Climbing to stand on top of walls and shoot enemies easier above disappearing platforms.
- Mesa can use her Peacemaker ability to take this test.
- Titania can use her Razorwing ability to hover above the platforms, and ignore the mechanic. Since you only start with 50 energy in the test, a Squad Energy Restore is suggested.
- Similarly Zephyr can use her charged Tail Wind ability to hover, delaying the need to move to the next platform.
- Advanced Exterminate Test
- This test requires players to eliminate three waves of enemies of levels 15-20.
The player starts on the first level of a tower with multiple cover points and must eliminate targets until they are warped to the next level. There are three waves with Grineer, Infested, and Corpus units respectively.
- Be careful of the gaps in the level.
- Transference and Companions (except Venari) are disabled, so try to use a well-rounded loadout.
- It appears that there is no time limit.
- Enemy numbers: 10 Grineer, 20 Infested (including both crawlers and ospreys), 15 Corpus.
- Interception Test
- This test requires players to capture and hold points in an Interception mission.
- Defense Test
- This test requires players to defend a Cryopod for 3 waves of level 25 to 30 Corpus.
- Wave 1: 8 enemies; Wave 2: 12 enemies; Wave 3: 16 enemies
- Advanced Timed Exterminate Test
- This test requires the player to kill 30 Infested targets within a time limit.
- Taking Wukong and using Celestial Twin can make the test fairly simple by having the twin use your primary weapon to kill the enemies while you use your melee to hit the orbs as they spawn.
- There will be a sphere that upon destruction will grant the player +7 seconds. It can only be harmed with melee.
- Thrown melee weapons like Glaive, Kestrel and Halikar don't deal any damage to the spheres when thrown.
- Spin attack of Telos Boltace can destroy the spheres. As the spheres have object-based health, line of sight is not required to damage them.
- The charge attacks from Redeemer and Sarpa cannot harm the spheres.
- Advanced Defense Test
- This test requires the player to defend a Cryopod for 5 waves of level 25 to 30 Corpus.
- Enemies per wave – Wave 1: 8; Wave 2: 12; Wave 3: 16; Wave 4: 18; Wave 5: 20.
- Stealth Rescue Test
- This test requires the player to destroy six orbs without being detected by the 12 patrolling Grineer Lancers, and then escort a rescue target to the extraction point.
- The player gets three attempts to complete the test without detection, after which the test will fail.
- Primary and Secondary weapons are restricted, you only have access to your Melee weapon.
- Active warframe abilities are disabled, however passive abilities (such as Banshee's Hush) remain in effect.
- Ranged melee weapons like the Glaive, the Redeemer, or the Orvius are ideal for taking out enemies from a safe distance.
- The Orvius' channeled throw auto-aims for heads and also destroys bodies which makes it a perfect choice.
- Note that the Redeemer is not silent and cannot be silenced with any mods, although Banshee's Passive Ability can counter this.
- Bug: After falling off the map the Redeemer sometimes becomes unusable, the regular melee attack nor the special (ranged) attack work. This also disables air glide. The only complete solution is to retake the trial since even failing the attempt in progress doesn't fix the issue. Workaround: assuming one managed to kill all the enemies beforehand, or at least the majority, it is possible to destroy an orb using "flying kick". One has to take a good running start, aim at the orb, run, bullet jump and press and hold crouch ( ) while in the air until the orb is hit. This may not destroy it at first so it might take a few attempts. Moreover, the orb sometimes explodes spontaneously soon after hitting it.
- Equipment isn't disabled during the test including Archgun Deployer and specters. Arch-gun can be used to kill enemies easily from the starting platform and the test can be walked through afterwards.
- Note that the deployed specters can use abilities and will also trigger detection if they are seen. After detection specter will not disappear or switch position which will lead to instant failure state on subsequent tries.
- Ivara's passive as well as mods such as Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense and Vigilante Pursuit will allow you to see enemies on the minimap, making locating and avoiding them easier. Using Rush, Armored Agility, and Speed Drift will allow you to sneak up on enemies quicker, and Coaction Drift will increase the Enemy Radar further.
- Wisp's passive invisibility during jumps and aim-glide works very well with aim-glide mods and enemy radar. Jumping continually, landing behind and melee attack clears the map easily.
- Rakta Dark Dagger will help you sneak up on the enemies, as this weapon reduces enemy visibility. You will need to ensure that it can damage the enemies quick enough or you will be detected.
- Using the Skiajati can trivialize the test, because its unique ability (five seconds of invisibility on Finisher attacks) functions during the test.
- The best approach is to ignore the orbs and first observe the enemies' patrol patterns and eliminate them one by one. Once all enemies are down, get all the orbs, then get the rescue target. Most importantly DO NOT RUSH the test - a slow and methodical approach makes this test much simpler.
- Open Mission Progress with ( } > View Mission Progress, or ) to see how many Grineer enemies have been killed so far. There is a total of 12 Grineer enemies in the test, and they never respawn once killed.
- Archwing Time Trial Test
- This test requires the player to fly between two platforms in Archwing mode before the timer runs out. There is a series of rings between the two platforms that grant additional time of 2 seconds when flown through. The player starts out with 10 seconds.
- Your Warframe's Sprint Boost aura mod and max or nearly max Hyperion Thrusters will make quick work of this mission. You should also sprint (with toggle on) and immediately go for afterburners, and use blink between the rings.
- Using Blink will NOT take you through the rings, and thus will NOT add additional time.
- Naturally, take Itzal into this mastery test to grant you an upper edge on the challenge thanks to its higher base speed speed.
Tests for Rank 21-30
- Timed Exterminate Test
- This test requires the player to kill 35 enemies before the timer runs out. The player must destroy several orbs with their melee weapon to extend the timer, which spawn in random locations around the map.
- The timer starts at 20 seconds, and each orb adds 15 seconds to the timer.
- A total of 8 orbs will spawn, after which the player will be unable to further increase the remaining time.
- Ranged melee weapons, such as the Glaive and Excalibur's Exalted Blade can be used to destroy the orbs from a distance.
- The map is very vertical, and thus an agile loadout is preferred. Consider bringing a Bullet Jump mod to help travel between platforms.
- Utilizing a Warframe with AoE abilities such as Ash, Ember, and Saryn, will allow the player to eliminate enemies with minimal effort.
- This test consists of three rounds requiring the player to kill 12 / 18 / 24 Executioners (level 40). The player is given 3 respawns before the mission will fail. Executioners will spawn in pairs, a maximum of 6 simultaneously. The first round has a speed boost modifier, the second round has a health drain modifier (drains 100 health periodically until you have 3 health, killing enemies restores all health) and the third round has a scaling enemies modifier. Falling out of the map uses one respawn.
- Falling off the arena counts as a death. Take extra precautions to avoid the edge of the platforms or being knocked over them.
- As gear use is not allowed, it is advisable to equip Energy Siphon, Streamline, or Fleeting Expertise for energy regen/ability efficiency.
- Ash's Blade Storm can make quick work of the Executioners.
- Rapid Resilience is recommended to help counter enemy Cold procs.
- Ammo is not replenished between rounds; bring ammo efficient weapons.
- There are ammo, health and energy spawns scattered around the map; energy is marked on the map with a blue circle, ammo and health have no markers.
- Loki trivializes this test. Put on Vitality to minimize accidental death in the second round due to health drain.
- Mobile Point Capture Test
- This test requires the player to capture 6 mobile control points before the timer runs out by standing within a radius as they move along set paths. Various types of Grineer enemies will spawn throughout the map, attacking the player as they capture the points. Capture progress will quickly decay while the player is outside of the white radius. The point will gradually turn green and then stop moving upon reaching 100%.
- The player has 5 minutes to capture all 6 control points, with no way to increase the remaining time.
- The points can move very fast along certain paths, making it particularly difficult to aim at the surrounding enemies. Therefore, area-of-effect weapons and abilities are highly recommended.
- Control of an incomplete point will rapidly decay if it is not actively being captured.
- Area-of-effect crowd control abilities can trivialize the test if modded for sufficient range and duration.
- Some of the control points move much faster than base movement speeds. Equipping max rank Rush, Armored Agility, and Sprint Boost together grants enough speed for most Warframes to keep up with all but the fastest points with little effort.
- There are no sources of energy outside of enemy drops, so Energy Siphon and high Ability Efficiency are recommended.
- High duration Loki is ideal as it will allow players to ignore incoming damage by utilizing Invisibility.
- Limbo trivializes this test. Using Rift Walk at the beginning of the test, Limbo can remain in the Rift Plane indefinitely, effectively becoming immune to all damage for the duration of the test at no cost.
- Operator Test
- This test requires the player to use their Operator to destroy an orb in the center of a small arena, while being attacked by Infested Brood Mothers. The player is given 3 respawns before the mission will fail.
- The player has 3 minutes to destroy the orb, with no way to increase the remaining time.
- The Operator is stripped of their Amp, and thus must carefully choose between using energy for Void Dash, Mode, Blast, or Beam.
- Dying during the test allows the player to use their equipped amp (with ammo separated from energy), focus upgrades, and arcanes for the remainder of the test (bug?), making the test much simpler easier.
- Despite how short the obstacles on the arena appear, they cannot be stood on, even using Void Dash.
- The orb's size and hitbox shrink as it takes more damage. It will regenerate over time if it stops taking damage.
- There are two respawning energy orbs on opposite sides of the arena. Use these to your advantage.
- Falling off the platform will not kill the Operator, but it is still recommended to be careful, as reappearing on the platform can trigger the heavy landing animation and leave them open to attack.
- Void Mode will detach Maggots, though it will not kill them and they and can leap back onto the player at will, lifespans excepting.
- Void Dash is effective for evading Maggots, and will also remove any Maggots attached to the Operator. Dashing through enemies will replenish a little energy as well as damage them.
- Brood Mothers can be killed, but more will spawn to replace them as the test progresses. There will never be more than two Brood Mothers at one time, excepting bugs/glitches.
- Deployable Archwing Exterminate Test
- This test requires the player to use an Archwing deployed by the Archwing Launcher to traverse a multitude of floating platforms, killing 50 enemies before the timer runs out. The player can extend the remaining time by melee attacking the orbs that spawn on these platforms.
- The timer starts at 28 seconds, and each orb destroyed will increase it by 20, up to a maximum of 29 seconds.
- Each platform contains a respawning Archwing that can be used to travel to another platform once it has been cleared.
- Blink maneuver can be used to traverse between platforms extremely quickly.
- Titania is ideal for this test, as Razorwing allows her to traverse the platforms without an Archwing and she can freely use the Diwata without exiting the ability.
- Enemies falling off the platforms do not count as kills; as such, Crowd Dispersion or melee weapons with high knockback may be undesirable.
- It is possible to complete the test without using any Archwing maneuvers as shown here
- Advanced Mobile Point Capture Test
- This test requires the player to capture 6 mobile control points within 5 minutes by standing within a radius as they move along set paths, while under constant fire from the Grineer. Capture progress will quickly decay while the player is outside of the white radius. The point will gradually turn green and then stop moving upon reaching 100%.
- In contrast to the normal variant of this test:
- The Grineer enemies here are relatively high leveled (level 41-46). It is recommended to bring a Warframe that can sustain itself under heavy gunfire, such as Inaros, Rhino, Nezha or Nidus.
- The map in this test is much more vertical and open, increasing the overall heavy gunfire that must be endured.
- You can use your Operator.
- The mobile points move even faster, and they can move along a vertical path.
- Much like the normal variant, the player has 5 minutes to capture all 6 control points, with no way to increase the remaining time.
- There are no sources of energy outside of enemy drops, so Energy Siphon high Ability Efficiency, Zenurik's Energizing Dash are recommended.
- Limbo or Loki are ideal as they can ignore incoming damage by utilizing Rift Walk or Invisibility, respectively.
- Index Banking Test
- This test requires the player to collect 100 points and bank them within 5 minutes by moving around and grabbing points and banking them. Test will complete when the player has banked 100 points. Lvl25+ Grineer units will spawn during the mission, gradually increasing in level as time passes.
- Unlike The Index, you have to activate the deposit point to manually bank points.
- The map is very open to grab points using frames like Titania, Zephyr, or Nova to teleport around.
- Using Zenurik Tree on your Operator with max bound "Void Flow" to dash around is a fast way to complete this test.
- Orange orb locations are on the higher ground, worth 3 points each.
- Blue orb locations are on the lower ground and between platforms, worth 1 point each.
- Killing Grineer enemies marked with red color will drop an Orange orb worth 3 points.
- Orbs respawn when the player banks them in for points.
- It is possible to keep enemies at low level during the whole 5 minute by not killing them. Making them less dangerous while the player is running around collecting points.
- Orbs are affected by Vacuum and Fetch. Utilizing in combination with Mag's Greedy Pull makes this test very easy.
- Condensed Thermia Extermination Test
- This test requires the player to eliminate 60 enemies. The enemies are invulnerable, requiring the player to pick up containers of Condensed Thermia that spawn every 30 seconds. These canisters must be thrown at enemies to make them vulnerable. The containers destabilize 15 seconds after spawning in. A maximum of 7 canisters will spawn; if 60 enemies are not killed after the last canister, the test will fail. No other timer is active for this test. This test uses game mechanics first seen in the Exploiter Orb fight, but adapted for extermination.
- It is recommended to throw the canisters into clusters of enemies to maximize their effectiveness.
- Using a frame like Limbo can allow you to avoid incoming damage from enemies you cannot kill yet.
- Operator Void Dashes are great ways to get to the Thermia canisters quickly, especially with Naramon's Mind Sprint.
- Warframes that can pull enemies into a cluster are the most effective at this test, such as Nidus's Larva, Vauban's Bastille in Vortex mode, or Khora's Ensnare, built with high Ability Range.
- Timed Extermination Test
- This test requires the player to eliminate 100 enemies. The player is given a 14-second countdown timer to kill waves of enemies, each enemy kill resets the timer by 2 seconds. Every 10 enemies killed will increase the enemy level by 10; enemy levels start at 50.
Mastery Rank 30 is not yet available.
Mastery Ranks Allocation
|Rank Image||Rank Name||Rank Number||Next Rank Requirement||Total XP Required||Test||Note|
|Silver Initiate||2||12,500||10,000||Sidearm Test||Grineer|
|Gold Initiate||3||17,500||22,500||Melee Test||Grineer|
|Silver Novice||5||27,500||62,500||Terminal Hacking Test||-|
|Gold Novice||6||32,500||90,000||Target Tracking Test||-|
|Disciple||7||37,500||122,500||Timed Exterminate Test||All Factions|
|Silver Disciple||8||42,500||160,000||Wall Dash Test||-|
|Gold Disciple||9||47,500||202,500||Stealth Test||Grineer|
|Seeker||10||52,500||250,000||Disappearing Platform Test||Grineer|
|Silver Seeker||11||57,500||302,500||Time Trial Test||-|
|Gold Seeker||12||62,500||360,000||Carousel Test||Grineer|
|Hunter||13||67,500||422,500||Advanced Disappearing Platform Test||Grineer|
|Silver Hunter||14||72,500||490,000||Advanced Exterminate Test||All Factions|
|Gold Hunter||15||77,500||562,500||Interception Test||
|Silver Eagle||17||87,500||722,500||Advanced Timed Exterminate Test||Infested|
|Gold Eagle||18||92,500||810,000||Advanced Defense Test||
|Tiger||19||97,500||902,500||Stealth Rescue Test||
|Silver Tiger||20||102,500||1,000,000||Archwing Time Trial Test||-|
|Gold Tiger||21||107,500||1,102,500||Timed Exterminate Test||
|Silver Dragon||23||117,500||1,322,500||Mobile Point Capture Test||Grineer|
|Gold Dragon||24||122,500||1,440,000||Operator Test||Infested|
|Sage||25||127,500||1,562,500||Deployable Archwing Exterminate Test||Grineer|
|Silver Sage||26||132,500||1,690,000||Advanced Mobile Point Capture Test||Grineer|
|Gold Sage||27||137,500||1,822,500||Index Banking Test||Grineer|
|Master||28||142,500||1,960,000||Condensed Thermia Extermination Test||-|
|Grand Master||30||152,500||2,250,000||?||Currently Unobtainable|
- Weapon count excludes China-version exclusives such as Cadus, Prisma Machete, and Carmine Penta.
- Companion count includes Venari.
- In-game profile stats for Star Chart XP includes XP from completing Junctions.
Most Mastery-rewarding items can be directly bought, built, or researched. However the following items had a limited distribution period or were removed from circulation entirely.
|Nightwave Series 1||1||3,000|
Acquisition: Events or Special Alerts
Nightwave Series 1
Acquisition: Wolf Beacon
Acquisition: Events, Special Alerts, or Celebrations
These items can appear as rewards for Events, Tactical Alerts, or celebratory periods. They cannot be traded, except for parts and blueprints of the Gorgon Wraith, the blueprint of the Ignis Wraith, and the components of the Imperator Vandal.
|Plague Keewar||Zaw Strike||3,000|
|Plague Kripath||Zaw Strike||3,000|
Acquisition: Purchase or Trade
|Prisma Dual Cleavers||Melee||3,000|
|Prisma Burst Laser*||Sentinel Weapon||3,000|
|Prisma Twin Gremlins||Secondary||3,000|
- * Prisma Burst Laser is included with Prisma Shade and cannot be obtained separately.
- ‡ Aklex Prime cannot be purchased directly. Its parts can be obtained through Axi A2 Relics, which are exclusively sold by Baro Ki'Teer.
Acquisition: Legacy Relics, Trade, or Prime Vault Access
Relics containing their parts have been placed in the Prime Vault, no longer appearing in drop tables. However their parts and relics can be traded or used normally. Occasionally the Prime Vault is unsealed for a limited time, accompanied by a special Prime Vault Access.
|Prime Laser Rifle*||Sentinel Weapon||3,000|
|Sweeper Prime||Sentinel Weapon||3,000|
|Dual Kamas Prime||Melee||3,000|
|Deconstructor Prime‡||Sentinel Weapon||3,000|
|Nami Skyla Prime||Melee||3,000|
- * Prime Laser Rifle is included with Wyrm Prime and cannot be obtained separately.
- Sweeper Prime is included with Carrier Prime and cannot be obtained separately.
- ‡ Deconstructor Prime is included with Helios Prime and cannot be obtained separately.
Mastery Rank Benefits
Higher Mastery Ranks grants several benefits. These include access to equipment and certain game content such as quests, and raises the cap of certain limiters such as mod capcity, Void Traces, Extractors, Focus, and Syndicate.
|0||Ash (Prime) • Atlas (Prime) • Banshee • Baruuk • Chroma • Ember (Prime) • Equinox • Excalibur (Prime) • Excalibur Umbra (Prime) • Frost (Prime) • Gara • Garuda • Gauss • Grendel • Harrow • Hildryn • Hydroid • Inaros (Prime) • Ivara (Prime) • Khora • Limbo • Loki (Prime) • Mag (Prime) • Mesa • Mirage • Nekros (Prime) • Nezha • Nidus • Nova (Prime) • Nyx (Prime) • Oberon • Octavia • Protea • Revenant • Rhino (Prime) • Saryn (Prime) • Titania • Trinity (Prime) • Valkyr (Prime) • Vauban (Prime) • Volt (Prime) • Wisp • Wukong • Zephyr|
|2||Mesa Prime • Titania Prime|
|5||Equinox Prime • Hydroid Prime • Wukong Prime|
|6||Chroma Prime • Zephyr Prime|
|8||Banshee Prime • Mirage Prime • Oberon Prime|
|0||Carrier (Prime) • Dethcube (Prime) • Diriga • Djinn • Helios • Oxylus • Shade (Prisma) • Taxon • Wyrm (Prime)||Artax • Burst Laser (Prisma) • Cryotra • Deconstructor • Deth Machine Rifle (Prime) • Laser Rifle (Prime) • Stinger • Sweeper (Prime) • Vulklok|
|. . .|
|3||Multron • Tazicor|
|. . .|
|8||Helios Prime||Deconstructor Prime|
|. . .|
|1||Corvas • Dual Decurion||Onorix|
|4||Cyngas • Grattler • Velocitus||Kaszas|
|8||Larkspur||Centaur • Prisma Veritux|
|. . .|
- Unranked equipment in the inventory will begin with a mod capacity equal to the player's current Mastery Rank, with the maximum currently being 29 for Mastery Rank 29 (58 for equipment with a Orokin Reactor/Orokin Catalyst equipped, before aura and stance bonuses). Though this will not affect the maximum capacity in any way it provides higher-ranked players with a significant starting benefit, especially towards polarized equipment.
- The maximum enemy level in the Simulacrum will be calculated by the formula (5×MR)+ 30.
- Each rank-up increases the maximum accumulation cap of Void Traces by 50.
- Each rank-up increases the daily maximum of Focus points earned through Focus Lenses by 5,000.
- Each rank-up increases the daily maximum Syndicate standing by 1,000.
- The Mastery Sigil changes in aesthetic design every 3 ranks; as Sigil color is defined by the player; having a bronze, silver or gold mastery rank does not affect the available Sigil colors in any way. Players have no way of reverting the cosmetic Sigil back to previous designs if they complete the next bronze Mastery Rank test.
- The number of Extractors a player can deploy is Mastery Rank dependent as shown; with Founders and/or Prime Access status granting an additional drone each.
- [MR0]: 1 drone, 2 for Prime Access or Founder, 3 for Prime Access and Founder
- [MR5]: 2 drones, 3 for Prime Access or Founder, 4 for Prime Access and Founder
- [MR10]: 3 drones, 4 for Prime Access or Founder, 5 for Prime Access and Founder
- Unlocks Trading. The amount of trades a player may complete per day is equal to the player's current mastery rank.
- Each even-numbered rank attained will increase the amount of available Loadout slots in the Arsenal.
- Unlocks level 20-40 Bounties.
- [MR7]: Unlocks The Silver Grove quest.
- Unlocks ability to auto-slot Ayatan Stars into Ayatan Sculptures.
- Unlocks ability to purchase more Mod Config and Appearance Config slots (max 3 more slots per item).
- [MR12]: Unlocks all faction Syndicate Primary weapons.
- [MR14]: Unlocks all Market, Syndicate and clan Research weapons.
- [MR15]: Unlocks all game content to date, with the exception of some Riven Mods.
- [MR16]: Unlocks the final rank requirement for Riven Mods.
Indirect Mastery Locks
- Some junctions have indirect Mastery Rank lock:
- Uranus junction requires crafting a weapon requiring Mastery Rank 1 or higher.
- Neptune junction requires completing the Natah quest, which require Mastery Rank 3.
- Sedna junction requires defeating Councilor Vay Hek, who requires Mastery Rank 5 to fight, and also tasks crafting a weapon requiring Mastery Rank 5 or higher.
- Although normal Warframes do not have a lock, certain frames can only be obtained after achieving certain Mastery Ranks, barring Trading or the Marketplace:
- Places, which are MR-locked:
- [MR3]: Trinity and Loki are only obtained on planets after Neptune or on Neptune itself.
- Hydroid is only obtained by defeating Councilor Vay Hek, whose mission node can only be selected once above MR5.
- Saryn and Gauss are only obtained on Sedna.
- Chroma Systems requires Saryn Systems to craft.
- Baruuk and Hildryn require completion of The War Within quest in order to speak to Little Duck at Fortuna.
- Wisp is only obtained from the Ropalolyst after completing the Chimera Prologue quest.
- Grendel's components require mission keys purchasable via Arbitrations, which require all mission nodes on the Star Chart, including the Ropalolyst's node mentioned above, to be completed before Arbitrations can be accessed.
- Quests, which are MR-locked:
- Quests, which are junction-locked:
- [MR5]: Mirage is only available through Hidden Messages, obtained from the Sedna junction.
- Quests, which are locked behind other quests.
- [MR3]: Octavia is only available through Octavia's Anthem, available after The Second Dream.
- Nidus is only available through The Glast Gambit, available after The War Within.
- Harrow is only available through Chains of Harrow, available after The War Within.
- Excalibur Umbra is only available through The Sacrifice, available after The War Within.
- Revenant is only available through the Mask of the Revenant, available after The War Within and Saya's Vigil.
- Places, which are MR-locked:
- [MR2] is required to unlock Archwings through The Archwing quest. A majority of Archwing weapons are built via parts purchasable only from Syndicates ([MR3]), with the exception of:
- Cyngas from the Market, which requires [MR4], though its components are available from Syndicates.
- Knux, Grattler, and Larkspur from Clan Research, and only require Resources to build. The Knux does not have a Mastery Rank lock, while the Grattler and Larkspur have locks of 4 and 8 respectively.
- Prisma Veritux from Baro Ki'Teer, which has no Mastery Rank lock and is purchased as is.
- Imperator Vandal from Fomorian Sabotage, which requires [MR5] and its components are also rewarded from Fomorian Sabotage.
- Players can join the Empyrean missions of others as long as they have completed The Archwing quest, but to access those missions by themselves they must complete the Rising Tide quest to build their own Railjack, which ultimately requires [MR3].
- Some weapon require other weapons of a higher Mastery Rank as a crafting component. These weapons include:
- Since the actual prerequisite for Sorties is the completion of The War Within quest, players need to be at least [MR5] in order to gain access to Sorties.
- Similarly, Kuva Liches, as well as their associated weapons, are only accessed after completing The War Within, thus players must be at least [MR5] to unlock them.
- Access to Arbitrations is unlocked by completing all nodes on the Star Chart, including the Ropalolyst node on Jupiter, which in turn is only unlocked after completing the Chimera Prologue quest available at [MR5].
- Erra (Quest) can only be started if you have Paracesis, which can only be crafted once at least [MR10].
Bypassing Mastery Locks
- There are bundles on the market which allows the player to obtain an equipment at an earlier rank:
- Sands of Inaros Bundle:
- Berserker Bundle:
- Brawler Bundle:
- Continuity Collection
- Dragon Bundle:
- Embolist Collection
- Equinox Mega Pack:
- Gazal Complete Collection:
- Gazal Machete (Mastery 5)
- Gunslinger Bundle:
- Huntress Bundle:
- Limbo Bundle:
- Opticor (Mastery 14)
- Loki Pack
- Strun (Mastery 1)
- Paladin Bundle:
- Stay Frosty Pack:
- Dual Zoren (Mastery 2)
- The Silver Grove Bundle:
- Update 10 Mega Bundle:
- Update 12 Mega Bundle:
- Wrecking Rhino Pack:
- Boar (Mastery 2)
- Forged Artistry Bundle:
- Razor Gunplay Bundle:
- Stealth Pack:
- Kunai (Mastery 2).
- Hunhow's Gift
- War (Mastery 10)
- Accompanying other players who have access to certain Boss nodes can allow crafting Saryn, Equinox, Loki, Trinity, Mesa, and Atlas before fulfilling Junction requirements.
- Certain weapons have a minimum Mastery Rank requirement. However this only applies to crafting from a blueprint; if the weapon can be placed into one's Arsenal (such as through Prime Access, as an event reward, and so on), it will bypass the lock. For example, Broken War cannot be crafted until Rank 10, but any player who completes The Second Dream will be awarded a crafted weapon regardless of their rank.
- Stalker can appear during the test.
- Paracesis's and the Kuva Lich Weapons maximum rank increases by 2 every time it's polarized, up to 40 at 5 polarizations. These 10 extra ranks will grant Mastery Points like normal.
- Resources dropped during the test seem to be identical to those dropped in the Orokin Void.
- Current Mastery Points rewarded for Star Chart completion has been reduced from 14,627 to 14,579. The cause or intention for this change is currently unknown.
- Failing a practice test will still increase "Missions failed" stat in Player's profile.
- If a player reaches a Mastery Rank that the developers haven't developed a unique Mastery Rank test for it, the game will reuse the previous Mastery Rank's test.