Mask of the Revenant is an optional quest that revolves around a decorative mask for the Operator. The mask tells the tale of a warframe left behind to prevent the return of the Sentient Eidolon, and upon completion: rewards the blueprint for the Revenant warframe.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please finish the quest before proceeding.
The quest can be initiated from the Cetus vendor Nakak once the players have achieved the Observer (second rank) with The Quills, and has talked to her with the "Mask?" prompt. She will inform the player that she received a strange mask, called the "Mask of the Lost One", from Onkko, and will sell it for 1 Cetus Wisp.
A New Threat Looms[edit | edit source]
The player must equip the Mask of the Lost One on their Operator (as a hood on the transference suit) and head into the Plains of Eidolon at night. They must then follow the marked white waypoint at the southwest side of Gara Toht Lake. Spotting a large spectral silhouette of an Eidolon that vanishes into the ground, the player must look around the shoreline in Operator mode for a small blotch of energy with a hand reaching out from it and interact with it. Nakak will then receive a vision from the Unum, explaining that the lake is where Gara had felled the Sentient, and a warden was placed to prevent the Sentient from resurfacing until the warden was lost.
Nakak will ask the player to rebuild "the lost one", mentioning that the Grineer have found relics and suggests talking to Konzu. The player must now initiate a Bounty until they find and build any part of the Revenant warframe.
If the player already has one component of the Revenant warframe, or purchased a pre-built Revenant from the Market, Nakak will tell the player to proceed.
A Terror Long Forgotten[edit | edit source]
The player once again must return to the Plains of Eidolon at night. The white waypoint directs the player to the northeast side of Gara Toht Lake, where the specter appears and the player must interact with another small blotch of energy. Nakak sees another vision from the Unum, mentioning that the warden continued to strike down the Sentient until it briefly hesitated at one point.
To proceed, the player must return to Bounties to find and build a second part of the Revenant warframe.
The Lost One[edit | edit source]
The final blotch of Sentient energy resides on a river between Gara Toht Lake and Renthi Spring, and again is only visible during the night. Nakak receives one final vision where the lost one foolishly extended a hand to the Eidolon, allowing it to emerge and use him as an anchor to pull itself up, forcing the Warframe to cast himself into the lake to seal the Eidolon.
Just as Nakak finishes the tale, a Revenant Specter appears and begins attacking with its Phantasma. Nakak tells the player to defeat the specter that serves as the mask for the Eidolon. Defeating the Revenant Specter will yield the blueprint for the Revenant Warframe.
After building Revenant, a Warframe now infused with the powers of the Eidolon, Nakak warns the Tenno that she had a dream of a new Eidolon emerging and they will need this Warframe's power to combat the new threat.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If players are having trouble defeating the Revenant Specter, the fight can be cheesed in various ways:
- Eidolon Vomvalysts will attack the specter, which will fight back but has no way to damage them in their spectral state.
- An Archwing Launcher can fly outside the reach of its Phantasma’s shots and repeatedly headshot it with a sniper or bow weapon.
- Using Octavia's Mallet on top of her Resonator will cause the specter to attack it and constantly damage himself.
- Forced Finishers, such as Excalibur's Radial Blind, Ash's Teleport, or Equinox's Rest & Rage in Night Form, will instantly defeat it.
- Using Protea's Grenade Fan and Blaze Artillery to constantly deal damage.
- Using Ivara's Cloak Arrow and following up with a few shots from the Artemis Bow will kill it handily.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Update 23.10, this quest was not listed in the Codex.
- Mukha (मुख) is Sanskrit for "face", both rather fitting by virtue of being Nakak's cousin, and ironic as he is only mentioned through dialogue.
- The spectral silhouette of an Eidolon and the Fragments acquired in the mission depict the Ropalolyst, which prior to its inclusion in Update 25.0 was originally designed to be an Eidolon as stated in Devstream 100.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Tenno Awakening||Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange ( Chroma) • Natah|
|Zariman Ten Zero||The Second Dream • The War Within • Chains of Harrow ( Harrow) • Apostasy Prologue • The Sacrifice ( Excalibur Umbra)|
|The New War||Rising Tide • Chimera Prologue • Erra|
|Howl of the Kubrow • A Man of Few Words • Hidden Messages ( Mirage) • The Limbo Theorem ( Limbo) • Patient Zero ( Mesa) • The Jordas Precept ( Atlas) • Sands of Inaros ( Inaros) • The Silver Grove ( Titania) • The Glast Gambit ( Nidus) • Octavia's Anthem ( Octavia) • Saya's Vigil ( Gara) • Mask of the Revenant ( Revenant) • Vox Solaris ( Garuda) • The Deadlock Protocol ( Protea) • Heart of Deimos ( Xaku)|
|Story and History|