Mars was originally inhabited by a civilization that worshiped the golden 'Skymen'. The Grineer eventually invaded the planet in their usual violent manner and exterminated the locals, with Baro Ki'Teer being the only known survivor of the invasion. It is also the possible place of origin of the Warframe.
Spy Missions: Special enemy variants have a chance of spawning during Spy missions.
Survival Missions: The following lists below do not apply to Survival missions.
|Target||Name||Type||Level||Tile Set||Mastery EXP||Internal Name|
|Ceres Junction||Solar Rail Junction||1 - 1||Solar Rail||1000|
|Phobos Junction||Solar Rail Junction||1 - 3||Solar Rail||1000|
|Hellas||Exterminate||8 - 10||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Tharsis||Mobile Defense||8 - 10||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Syrtis||Exterminate||8 - 13||Free Space||51|
|Spear||Defense||8 - 13||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Alator||Interception||8 - 13||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Arval||Spy||9 - 11||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Ares||Sabotage||9 - 11||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Gradivus||Sabotage||9 - 11||Corpus Ship||45|
|Augustus||Excavation||9 - 14||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Martialis||Rescue||10 - 12||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Ara||Capture||10 - 12||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Wahiba||Survival (Dark Sector)||10 - 20||Corpus Ship||51|
|Kadesh||Defense (Dark Sector)||10 - 20||Grineer Settlement||51|
|War||Assassination||11 - 13||Grineer Settlement||51|
|Vallis||Mobile Defense||11 - 13||Grineer Galleon||51|
|Ultor||Exterminate||11 - 13||Corpus Ice Planet||51|
|Olympus||Disruption||15 - 20||Grineer Settlement||51|
- Due to the split Corpus and Grineer ownership of Mars, faction incursions have a higher chance of occurring, including on missions that normally do not feature said incursions such as Mobile Defense.
- An immense object can be seen above the clouds in space; the object appears to be a Grineer Asteroid base, probably Phobos due to its past as a Grineer occupied territory (whereas it can't be Deimos, the second moon of Mars, due to it being visibly overtaken by the Infested). This is quite remarkable for how large the object is seen in space, perhaps making it the largest Grineer mining operation to date.
- Although the Grineer are supposed to have recently occupied the planet (or that it is one of their most recent occupations at any rate) there are signs of very old Grineer-like equipment scattered and rusting in some places, this either suggests that the Grineer were previously here before but had to evacuate at some point, or something about Mars rusts and corrodes metals at an accelerated rate.
- The planet is littered with massive wind generators, providing what appears to be the majority of the planet's power, and various pumps and water bays are used to filter and process water.
- Mars is one of the celestial bodes, the other being Earth, Venus, Deimos and Uranus, where wild creatures are encounterable.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril can drop Gallium in quantities of up to two.
- During Crossfire missions, both the Corpus and the Grineer will activate the opposing faction's security systems.
- Mars is the best Planet to farm Salvage, due to the fact that Salvage is the only non-rare Resource on the planet.
- Mars is named after the Roman God of war; both the god and planet are associated with war and death.
- Mission nodes on Mars are usually named after real life geographical locations on the planet or aspects of Greek or Roman culture.
- Alator was the God of Celtic Britain, invoked in an inscription at Barkway, Hertfordshire, which links him with Gaulish Mars.
- Ara was one of the 48 Greek constellations described by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy.
- Ares is the original Greek name for Mars.
- Augustus was the first Emperor of the Roman Empire.
- Hellas, Syrtis, Tharsis and Vallis are all names related to Martian geography.
- Gradivus was one of the gods by whom a general or soldiers might swear an oath to be valorous in battle.
- Martialis means "from Mars".
- Olympus was the home of the Greek Gods in Greek mythology, it's also the name of the Highest mountain on Mars and in our solar system: Olympus Mons.
- A Spear is a pole weapon consisting of a shaft with a pointed head which became the standard weapon of Roman legionaries for a period of time.
- Ultor is named after one of Mars' epithets, Mars Ultor ("Mars the Avenger" in Latin).
- War reflects Mars' role as the Roman God of War.
- The fact that both the Corpus and the Grineer are present on Mars is a nod to The Gradivus Dilemma, which ended with the Grineer taking over several nodes originally controlled by the Corpus.
- Along with the Infested-controlled Dark Sectors, this makes Mars the first (and so far, the only) planet where all three major enemy factions are present.
- Mars was a purely Corpus-controlled planet from Update 14.0 (2014-07-18) until Update 15.13 (2015-02-05), when several nodes were given to the Grineer.
- When originally released, Mars had the snowy Corpus Outpost tileset as its environment, which did not reflect the red, sandy environment that Mars has. This was fixed in Update 19.0 (2016-11-11), with the Grineer Settlement tileset replacing Corpus Outpost as the main planetary tileset to better reflect Mars' appearance.
- Due to an additional change in the Specters of the Rail update, Fieldron samples drop on this planet, even though the Grineer control almost all the nodes on the planet. Whether this is an inconsistent error, or a nod to the fact that the Corpus used to completely control Mars, is unknown.
- Upon reflecting changes after the previous Star Chart UI was replaced in Update: Specters of the Rail (2016-07-08). Snowy spots are view-able on Mars' surface where the Corpus reside in their Corpus Outposts.
- The Grineer conquest of the planet was referenced in the Sands of Inaros quest.
Last updated: Update 22.0 (2017-10-12)
|Mercury • Venus (Proxima) • Earth (Proxima) • Lua • Mars • Deimos • Phobos • Ceres • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn (Proxima) • Uranus • Neptune (Proxima) • Pluto (Proxima) • Sedna • Kuva Fortress • Eris • Void (Veil Proxima)|