- Very high base damage.
- Very high status chance.
- Good critical chance.
- High reload speed.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Can use the Marelok-exclusive mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Low damage – less effective against armor.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Inaccuracy is noticeable over long range.
- Low magazine size.
- High recoil.
- Marelok (Normal), compared to Vaykor Marelok (Normal):
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Lower base critical chance (15% vs. 20%)
- Lower base status chance (30% vs. 35%)
- Lower average damage per shot (172 vs. 176)
- Lower burst DPS (344 vs. 352)
- Lower sustained DPS (221.13 vs. 263.99)
- Smaller magazine (6 round(s) vs. 10 round(s))
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.2 vs. 1.1)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Due to the Marelok's low accuracy, additional bullets generated via Multishot will sometimes hit enemies behind or next to the main target, giving the illusion of Punch Through.
- The Marelok is essentially a cut-down , trading out accuracy for increased firepower and rate of fire. Like the Grinlok, its base stats are well-suited for builds that maximize the chance and damage of critical hits, and those that cause many status effects.
- The Marelok is a great sidearm for dealing with enemies at short to mid range for players who have a sniper or bow for their primary weapon. The Marelok's firepower is strong enough to be considered a sub-primary weapon.
- In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next shot just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- The Marelok is likely named after the Mare's Leg, which refers to a lever-action rifle cut down to the size of a large pistol.
- Closer inspection reveals that the Marelok is indeed a Grinlok with its barrel and stock cut down to size and its magazine moved to the bottom of the gun.
- The Marelok's description initially misspelled it as Marelock. This was fixed shortly afterward.
- The Marelok is spun around the finger lever after every shot, which was mentioned in Devstream 22 to be a reference to a lever-action shotgun used in the movie Terminator 2.
- The Marelok was first showcased in Devstream 22 along with the Grinlok. It was supposed to be released alongside the Grinlok and come as a dual/akimbo weapon, but its release was delayed due to the additional coding required to handle the animations involved.
- The color scheme of the Marelok is darker compared to the Grinlok.
- Currently, the only Grineer units that use the Marelok are Shik Tal, and the Kuva Shield Lancer, with the former's Marelok having been modified to fire rockets rather than bullets.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.7.1 (2018-09-06)
- , the rifle counterpart.
- , the Steel Meridian custom version.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|