The Mara Detron is a Void Trader-exclusive variant of the that has altered stats along with a unique animated skin.
- High base damage.
- Very high overall status chance.
- Very high reload speed.
- Good accuracy.
- Innate multishot of 7 pellets.
- Fast Projectile Speed.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Medium spread.
- Can use the -exclusive mod.
- Innate damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 37.5% from 16m to 30m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Very low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Fairly slow fire rate.
- Mara Detron (Normal), compared to Detron (Normal):
- Higher base critical chance (8% vs. 4%)
- Higher base status chance (13.71% vs. 12.86%)
- Higher average damage per shot (291.2 vs. 285.6)
- Higher burst DPS (969.7 vs. 951.05)
- Higher sustained DPS (674.78 vs. 559.67)
- Farther starting damage falloff distance (16m vs. 13m)
- Farther ending damage falloff distance (30m vs. 22m)
- Greater max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (0.63x vs. 0.62x)
- Larger magazine (8 round(s) vs. 5 round(s))
- More accurate (13.3 vs. 7.1)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 6)
- Lower disposition (1 vs. 1.15)
- Mara Detron (Normal), compared to Tenet Detron (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (40 vs. 32.5)
- Lower total damage (280 vs. 325)
- Lower base critical chance (8% vs. 18%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Higher base status chance (13.71% vs. 10%)
- Lower average damage per shot (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (291.2 vs. 490.88)
- Lower burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (969.7 vs. 1,634.63)
- Lower sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (674.78 vs. 1,032.78)
- Closer starting damage falloff distance (16m vs. 28m)
- Closer ending damage falloff distance (30m vs. 40m)
- Greater max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (0.63x vs. 0.55x)
- Lower multishot (7 projectile(s) vs. 10 projectile(s))
- Larger magazine (8 round(s) vs. 6 round(s))
- Less accurate (13.3 vs. 20)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 16)
- Higher disposition (1 vs. 0.5)
- The Mara Detron can be purchased from Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 200,000 and 500. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
- Like Syndicate Weapons, unranked Mara Detrons without Forma and Orokin Catalysts can be traded between players.
- The Mara Detron's increased fire rate means that mods like make it fire faster than can be clicked. Giving the fire button a secondary binding to the mouse wheel can alleviate this.
- The Mara Detron is a secondary shotgun so Multishot mods and will increase the pellet count.
- As the Mara Detron is essentially an improved , refer to the Detron's Tips for more upgrade/optimization possibilities.
- The Mara Detron can be visually identified from the standard Detron by the diffuse cloud textured animation on its body.
- This animated texture is based off the weapon's energy color, and thus can be changed to match any hue the user wishes for.
- As with the Syndicate reward weapons, when the Mara Detron is stolen by a Drahk Master it will appear as a regular on the ground and will revert to its Mara variant when picked up.
- The Mara Detron has a distinct sound when fired, closer to traditional shotguns than the energy-based weapons regularly used by the Corpus.
- Despite being from the Orokin Era, it does not appear to be manufactured by the Orokin. As a smuggler's weapon, it may be implied this weapon was designed outside of their authority. It might similarly be speculated this could be a clue to the very early origins of the Corpus.
- The Mara Detron ejects its magazine when reloading.
- Oddly, however, it reverts to its default colors (black with orange lights) when ejected, rather than any applied custom colors.
- The flowing effect on the weapon is similar to the flowing effect on Steam's Phased Skins promotional items, as well as the Prisma weapons that Baro also occasionally sells, only reddish-orange instead of sea-green or bluish-cyan, respectively.
- This may possibly imply that the weapon uses Prisma crystals in its construction, or a similar material, given its similarities to a Prisma weapon.
- The Mara Detron was leaked as an entry in a player's Profile under Equipment, along with the , before it was revealed to be sold by the Void Trader Baro Ki'Teer.
- Mara is a Hebrew female adjective, meaning bitter.
- This is currently the first and only Mara-type weapon. Despite this, however, both the statistic and visual enhancements are extremely similar to a Prisma weapon.
- On Baro's 50th visit, this item could be purchased at half price for 100,000 and 250.
Mara Detron Skins
Last updated: Hotfix 23.6.2 (2018-08-31)
- , the normal counterpart of this weapon.
- , the Tenet counterpart of this weapon.
- Baro Ki'Teer, the vendor who can sell the weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|