The Mandachord is Octavia's signature instrument that allows her to interact with her abilities. To use it, click the button in Octavia's Appearance screen.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
After the completion of Octavia's Anthem quest, additional Mandachord can be purchased from Cephalon Simaris for 25,000.
|Time: 30 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Interface[edit | edit source]
The Mandachord is comprised of 4 bars (or measures) which are represented by the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 (seen in the background of each bar). Placing one note at the start of each bar is a whole note. Each bar is divided into quarters which are represented by the vertical lines. The tempo is set to 120 beats per minute, meaning each bar is 2 seconds long, and each slot is the 16th note. In other words, each song loop is 8 seconds long.
A Mandachord song is comprised of three tracks: Percussion, Bass, and Melody. The Bass and Melody tracks can be comprised of the first five notes of D minor pentatonic scale: D, F, G, A, and C. From top to bottom on the Mandachord, the Percussion track can be comprised of a bass drum, snare drum, or hi-hat equivalent.
- Each ability is affected by a section of the Mandachord: Percussion ( Mallet), Bass ( Resonator), and Melody ( Metronome).
- Instruments enable selection of different sound packs for each section. The Adau sound pack is available by default.
- Volume Mixer allows volume adjustments for each section. Volume settings will apply during Mandachord customization and to the appropriate abilities during gameplay.
- Track Isolation enables toggling on or off each section for better audio clarity while composing a song.
- Loop allows selection of bars 1 through 4 to continuously loop for note changes comparison while composing a song. Additionally, a bar's notes can be copied to another bar, or completely cleared from the selected bar.
- Composition enables saving new songs, reloading the current song, and loading custom and instrument songs from your playlist.
- The Mandachord may be paused at any time by clicking the Pause button at the bottom-right corner. Click again to resume.
Instruments[edit | edit source]
Each Instrument is in the same key (D minor Pentatonic). These can be bought separately for 50 each from the Mandachord interface. The Bombast Instrument is only acquired upon acquisition of Octavia Prime.
- Adau (default) - Metronome, orchestra, and choir
- Alpha - Synths
- Beta - Synths
- Bombast - Synths
- Delta - Synths
- Druk - Drum, bass guitar, and electric guitar
- Gamma - Synths
- Plogg - Bass
- Epsilon - Synths
- Horos - Synths
Tenno[edit | edit source]
Corpus[edit | edit source]
Grineer[edit | edit source]
Sharing Music[edit | edit source]
[Song] in Chat to open up a menu of all your Mandachord songs. Select the song you want to share and other players with Octavia will be able to copy that Mandachord song for their own use.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- For linking songs to Chat to work, the game uses similar text encoding in the back-end as the Shawzin.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Shawzin, another playable instrument.