Rhythmically beats damage into nearby enemies and draws their fire. Damage inflicted on the Mallet increases its lethality.
|Strength:1x / 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x (damage multiplier)|
|Duration:8 / 12 / 16 / 20 s|
|Range:5 / 6 / 8 / 10 m|
- Octavia throws a spherical music device in an arc toward the direction she aims. Upon impact, the device deploys into the Mallet which hovers in place for 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 seconds. The Mallet is an invulnerable hovering orb that continuously plays percussive music, attracting enemies in sight to attack it while absorbing all enemy damage hitting its energy mass. Damage absorbed is accumulated and stored briefly before diminishing over time. Stored damage is converted into Blast damage, multiplied by 1x / 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x, and rhythmically dealt to all enemies within a radius of 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 meters from the Mallet.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Damage multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Aura radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Requires line of sight between enemy and Mallet in order to deal damage.
- Mallet has no target priority, enemies will be likely to shoot the Tenno if they are in line of sight.
- Mallet's music is in tune with the Percussion section of the Mandachord, drawing from the preset musical notes to determine the percussive aura's damage strength and intervals.
- When Mallet and Resonator are both active, Resonator will reroute toward the Mallet and carry it around.
- When carried by Resonator, Mallet actively inflicts damage per beat that continuously increases and stacks over time against enemies inside Mallet's damage radius. This damage instance is separate from the stored damage portion of the ability.
- Enemies charmed by Resonator are no longer pacified and will attack a carried Mallet to fuel its damage.
- Resonator increases Mallet's threat level, making enemies outside of Resonator's charm radius more likely to shoot the Mallet instead of the Tenno.
- If Mallet is placed where Resonator is unable to reach, Resonator will ignore Mallet.
- Mallet will be dropped to the ground when Resonator expires.
- When Mallet is hovering over an Amp field, Mallet's damage and range are doubled.
- Mallet can be recast while active to create a new Mallet. Octavia is limited to only 1 active Mallet at a time (unless using Partitioned Mallet).
- Casting Mallet is not a One-Handed Action and interrupts other actions, but allows movement.
- Throwing animation speed is affected by Casting Speed, such as from Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Mallet will visually emit sound bars from its core to beat-match Percussion notes. Sound bars enlarge and shrink based on Percussion, Bass, and Melody music in the environment.
- Percussion bars appear from a horizontal ring around the Mallet core, while Bass and Melody bars appear from diagonal rings that layer on top the Mallet when Resonator and Metronome are active and nearby.
- Mallet's core and percussive aura borders are affected by the chosen Warframe energy color. The percussive aura is briefly visible to allies when Mallet is cast before fading away, and is constantly visible to Octavia herself.
- Main article: Partitioned Mallet
- Enemies who have both ranged and melee weapons Will prefer to use melee
- Octavia can position behind Mallet to minimize her chance of taking enemy fire.
- Be careful of explosive effects drawn to Mallet's center of origin.
- Mallet's localized control effect is particularly potent against groups caught in narrow choke points.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 61.2 seconds.
- Reduces range to 3.4 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 28 meters.
- Reduces damage multiplier to 1x.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage multiplier to 10.3x.