Added in Update 11.2, the Magnus is a Tenno revolver that can be obtained in blueprint form via the market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- High reload speed.
- Good accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- High recoil.
- Has a slight horizontal recoil as well as vertical, which increases spread when fired quickly.
- Magnus, compared to Akmagnus:
- See Category:Magnus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Magnus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Consider pairing Magnus with Ice Storm and/or Deep Freeze + Convulsion for increased effectiveness against shields.
- The Magnus works as a general-purpose version of the Sicarus, as it primarily deals Impact damage, while it deals such damage on semi-automatic. It also comes with higher Slash and Puncture values, plus a good status chance. The sacrificed characteristics are DPS, as the gun is not a burst-fire and it has a smaller magazine capacity.
- With a decent critical chance and damage to sport with, the Magnus can be equipped with Primed Pistol Gambit/ Pistol Gambit to further increase the chances of critical hits. Adding Primed Target Cracker/ Target Cracker will increase the critical damage dealt.
- Though the Magnus's recoil is manageable. Steady Hands can still prove beneficial, especially at longer ranges or when firing rapidly.
- While Magnus excels against shields and is moderately effective against Infested, it is somewhat disadvantaged against the flesh of Corpus Crewmen and most Grineer units.
- Magnus is Latin for "Big" or "Great".
- Its Reinforcements preview shows that it has 2.7 on its reload time, even though its actual reload time is 1.4 seconds. Both were released and shown at the same update.
- Unlike the Vasto, the Magnus is a break-action revolver, which means it is opened from its chamber to load a new cylinder.
- Despite this, the sound of spent cartridges dropping to the floor can still be heard, even though the cylinder would hold the cartridges in place until a reload.
- The Magnus's muzzle has a particle emitter attached that billows smoke after a shot has been released.
- The muzzle's particle emitter is prone to glitching, leaving the Magnus permanently smoking for the duration of the mission.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.7.1
- Akmagnus, the akimbo version of this revolver.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.