The Magnus is a powerful and versatile Tenno revolver.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for (x2).
- High damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Fast reload speed.
- Good accuracy.
- Can use the Magnus-exclusive mod.
- Innate polarity.
- High recoil.
- Has a slight horizontal recoil as well as vertical, which increases spread when fired quickly.
- Magnus (attack: Normal), compared to Akmagnus (attack: Normal):
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (540.56 vs. 572.08)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (267.57 vs. 297.11)
- Lower fire rate (5.83 round(s)/sec vs. 6.17 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (8 round(s) vs. 16 round(s))
- Faster reload time (1.4 s vs. 2.4 s)
- More accurate (16 vs. 11.1)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.53 vs. 1.35)
The Magnus's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- The Magnus works as a general-purpose version of the , as it primarily deals damage, while it deals such damage on semi-automatic. It also comes with higher and values, plus a good status chance. The sacrificed characteristics are DPS, as the gun is not a burst-fire and it has a smaller magazine capacity.
- Though the Magnus's recoil is manageable, can still prove beneficial, especially at longer ranges or when firing rapidly.
- Magnus is Latin for "Big" or "Great".
- Its Reinforcements preview shows that it has 2.7 on its reload time, even though its actual reload time is 1.4 seconds. Both were released and shown at the same update.
- Unlike the Vasto, the Magnus is a break-action revolver, which means it is opened from its chamber to load a new cylinder.
- Despite this, the sound of spent cartridges dropping to the floor can still be heard, even though the cylinder would hold the cartridges in place until a reload.
- The Magnus's muzzle has a particle emitter attached that billows smoke after a shot has been released.
- The muzzle's particle emitter is prone to glitching, leaving the Magnus permanently smoking for the duration of the mission.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.7.1 (2018-09-06)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|