The Magistar is a heavy, flanged mace.
It is a requisite ingredient for the .
- High damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches stance.
- Third lowest base damage of all hammers, after and / .
- Low status chance.
- Slow attack speed.
- Magistar (Normal), compared to Sancti Magistar (Normal):
- Lower base damage (210 vs. 240)
- Lower critical chance (20% vs. 30%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 20%)
- Lower Range (2.5 m vs. 2.6 m)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.25)
- Lower attack speed (0.83 vs. 1)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 8)
The Magistar's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:25,000|
- As with other heavy weapons, the Magistar's wall attack is a horizontal circular swing that slowly swings the weapon around the Warframe, allowing it to hit enemies more easily compared to other wall attacks that require pinpoint precision. Unfortunately, this prevents the Magistar from using its wall attack to launch itself upwards, as it will perform the maneuver horizontally regardless of where the Warframe is looking, making it fall instead.
- The Magistar also shares another unusual property with other heavy weapons, namely its tendency to shake the screen violently while blocking attacks.
- The name "Magistar" is based off a combination of the Latin magister, which means master or teacher, and morning star, a type of mace.
- In Update 15.1 (2014-11-05), the heavy melee weapon family received linear buffs across the board. The Magistar was notably the only one among the affected weapons (Magistar, , , , and (Prime) to also receive a nerf, having its attack rate lowered from 1.1 to 0.8.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- , the syndicate variant.
- , a melee weapon that is crafted from the Magistar.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|