The Magistar is a heavy, flanged mace.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- Possesses momentum during regular swings, which resists interruption such as stagger or knockdown.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shattering Storm stance.
- Third lowest base damage of all hammers, after Kuva Shildeg and Fragor/ Jat Kittag.
- Low status chance.
- Slow attack speed.
- Magistar, compared to Sancti Magistar:
- Lower base damage (210.0 vs. 240.0)
- Lower critical chance (20% vs. 30%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 20%)
- Lower attack speed (0.83 vs. 1)
- Lower Range (2.5 m vs. 2.6 m)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 8)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.25)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Magistar's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with other heavy weapons, the Magistar's wall attack is a horizontal circular swing that slowly swings the weapon around the Warframe, allowing it to hit enemies more easily compared to other wall attacks that require pinpoint precision. Unfortunately, this prevents the Magistar from using its wall attack to launch itself upwards, as it will perform the maneuver horizontally regardless of where the Warframe is looking, making it fall instead.
- The Magistar also shares another unusual property with other heavy weapons, namely its tendency to shake the screen violently while blocking attacks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Magistar Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Magistar Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Magistar" is based off a combination of the Latin magister, which means master or teacher, and morning star, a type of mace.
- In Update 15.1, the heavy melee weapon family received linear buffs across the board. The Magistar was notably the only one among the affected weapons (Magistar, Jat Kittag, Fragor, Gram, Galatine and Scindo (Prime) to also receive a nerf, having its attack rate lowered from 1.1 to 0.8.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.