Burst into a hyper-sprint bowling over enemies and charging the battery. Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave. Hold to rush continuously.
|Strength:200 / 400 / 600 / 800 (explosion damage)|
|Range:2 / 3 / 3 / 4 m (knockdown radius)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 m (shockwave radius)
|Misc:10% (battery charge on cast)|
1% (battery charge per hit)
6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (dash distance)
100% ( Slash status chance from Kinetic Plating)
50% (energy discount from Redline)
- Gauss sprints into action, propelling himself forward at supersonic speed toward the aiming reticle and instantly charging his battery by 10%. Tap the ability key to dash forward 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters. Hold down the ability key (default
) to rush forward continuously; while rushing, Gauss can also sustain Mach Rush by holding down the forward movement key instead (default ). Release the hotkeys for Mach Rush to halt Gauss in his tracks.
- Battery charge on cast and dash distance are not affected by Mods.
- Rushing speed is affected by Sprint Speed.
- While rushing, Gauss is able to run across large bodies of water, commonly found on the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.
- While rushing, Gauss's maneuverability is greatly reduced.
- While rushing, Gauss can jump from the ground, but not double jump.
- Rolling, meleeing, aiming or firing/charging a weapon will also cancel the rush.
- When Gauss dashes or rushes past enemies within 2 / 3 / 3 / 4 meters from him, they suffer a knockdown and will charge his battery by 1% per enemy hit. If Gauss crashes into a solid obstacle, he stops on impact and generates a powerful kinetic shockwave that expands to a 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 meter radius explosion, inflicting 200 / 400 / 600 / 800 Impact damage and blasting away all enemies within range.
- Ability Synergy:
- While Kinetic Plating is active, Mach Rush shockwave instead inflicts Slash damage and proc on enemies caught in its explosion radius.
- Mach Rush through a Thermal Sunder area to add its Cold or Heat damage to Mach Rush's knockdown and shockwave explosion.
- Mach Rush energy cost is halved during Redline.
- Mach Rush drains 12.5 energy per second while active and will remain active until Gauss's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Gauss cannot replenish energy using Energy Siphon, Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's energy regeneration, Energizing Dash or Squad Energy Restores while Mach Rush is active but can replenish energy using Energy Orbs, Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, Arcane Energize, Rage, or Hunter Adrenaline.
- Mach Rush's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Mach Rush is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Tap Mach Rush to dash a set distance for quick repositioning.
- In crowded hallways full of enemies, chain several Mach Rush dashes aimed at objects or walls to damage and blast away enemies clearing a path for your team. Dash in a zigzag pattern to create multiple shockwaves and reposition yourself behind the crowd.
- Players can release the ability key when holding down the forward key while rushing to keep Mach Rush active. Release both keys to stop.
- Mach Rush can be used to dash through Corpus Laser Barriers without getting knockdowned.
- However, this will still trigger an alarm in Spy vaults.
- Use Cold Thermal Sunder to slow enemies knocked down or ragdolled by Mach Rush from recovery.
- As the energy cost is halved during Redline, Mach Rush is a more economical option to charge the battery compared to Thermal Sunder.
- To avoid a lockdown, do not use Mach Rush in some areas of Corpus Ship tileset as kinetic shockwave, generated from crashing into solid objects, can break a cracked Reinforced Glass within the radius.
- Using Mach Rush while aim-gliding and blocking will wall-latch onto the point of impact.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.