The Corpus-built MOA is the face of their robotic combat forces seen all throughout the Origin System. Their ubiquity means that several models of MOA are available for use by anyone, including Solaris United and by extension the Tenno. The merchant Legs found in Fortuna sells MOAs that Tenno can use as pets to assist them in missions.
As Companions, MOAs are unique in that they are built as a modular system, with players able to select from various combinations of four different components to create MOAs with stats and abilities to their liking. Once built, a MOA takes up one slot in the Robotic inventory. They can equip Robotic weapon, but do not come with their own weapon unlike Sentinels.
Custom-built MOAs may be obtained by assembling individual parts from blueprints traded for Solaris United Standing; with each Rank causing more parts to become available. It can then be assembled and later gilded at Legs, for a fee. Alternatively, players can spend Platinum to purchase a randomly assembled MOA through Legs' Daily Specials.
A MOA companion needs four different components to build, the Model, the Core, the Gyro, and the Bracket. Each component type has several options to choose from, allowing to customize stats and the MOA's type and appearance.
The MOA's Model forms the machine's head, which acts as its gun turret when equipped with a Robotic weapon. Each Model grants two unique Precept mods which can only be provided by that particular Model, though the Precepts can be used on any MOA once acquired. A maximum of two MOA-specific precepts can be equipped at the same time. The Model is the only component that provides Mastery Rank when leveling a gilded MOA.
The Core determines the appearance of the MOA's rear, and modifies the base stats of the MOA.
The Gyro determines the appearance of the MOA's front, and modifies the base stats of the MOA.
Brackets refer to the MOA's legs, and determines the Polarities that the MOA will have. All Brackets have four polarities, with the Gauth, Jonsin, and Tian Brackets adding one additional polarity.
- By default a MOA companion has 100 Robotic Health, 100 Ferrite Armor, and 100 Shields.
- Any multiplier from components is added flatly and is doubled upon gilding, (for example an overall +10.0% in one stat will make that stat 120 after gilding.)
- Numbers like 2.5% are rounded down in the UI but still taken into account when gilding.
- The minimum a stat can be is 100, (with the exception of 105 for Health) the maximum if specializing in one stat (assuming gilded) is 130 for Health, 125 for Shields and 125 for Armor.
- Assuming one has all needed resources to build all four components at the same time, building a MOA will cost between 2,000 to 10,000 Solaris United Standing in blueprints, 205,000 for crafting and assembling at Legs and take 24 hours to build.
- Unlike Sentinels, you are building the parts instead of the whole thing for 24 hours, which are then assembled at Legs.
- Gilding requires 10 Training Debt-Bonds as well as 5,000 at Doer Rank with Solaris United.
- MOAs are considered "pets" for unlocking certain rivens.
- MOAs can be equipped with Companion and/or Robotic mods, some of which were formerly exclusive to other types of Companions:
- MOAs share Robotic mods, namely Coolant Leak, Guardian, Medi-Ray, Sanctuary, Shield Charger, and Vacuum, with Sentinels.
- MOAs can use Link Health, Link Shields, Link Armor, and Medi-Pet Kit, like Kubrows and Kavats, as well as the Sentinel mods Enhanced Vitality, Calculated Redirection and Metal Fiber. However, two mods that affect the same stat (e.g. Link Health and Enhanced Vitality both of which affect health) cannot be used together.
- Six MOA Precept mods were released with the original 3 MOA companions (each MOA Model, once used to build a MOA companion, comes with 2 specific Precept mods):
- The Lambeo Model comes with the Shockwave Actuators and Stasis Field Precepts.
- The Oloro Model comes with the Security Override and Tractor Beam Precepts.
- The Para Model comes with Anti-Grav Grenade and Whiplash Mine Precepts.
- Unlike the Precept mods obtained from other Companions -- Kubrows, Kavats, and Sentinels -- the Precept mods obtained by building a MOA companion can be equipped on any MOA companion.
- There is a separate limit to the installation of MOA-specific Precepts; instead of being limited to the MOA Model which each Precept came with, any given MOA companion may only equip up to 2 MOA-specific Precept mods at a time, although they may be changed at any time. (There is no limit on Precept mods which are not MOA-specific.)
- There are 3 Emotion Modules (Aggressive, Inquisitive and Sensitive) that can be bought for 50 each in the Market and equipped on a MOA in the appearance tab. These are like Warframe animation sets, purely cosmetic and do the following:
- Give the MOA an occasional animation based on chosen personality.
- Change the sound the MOA makes.
- Makes the MOA mirror the following player emotes: Agree, Disagree, Bow, Deep Bow, and Wave.
- MOAs share Robotic inventory slots with Sentinels and Robotic weapons.
- After acquiring the first MOA, the player must have at least one MOA at any time. It's impossible to sell the last MOA in the inventory.
- Oberon's passive has no effect on MOAs.
- MOA equipped with Security Override can hack any console, including vaults in Spy missions. This bypasses the need for players to manually hack various consoles.
- As of Hotfix 24.2.7, MOAs equipped with Security Override cannot hack objective consoles such as spy vaults meaning players have to hack them themselves.
- MOA Companions and K-Drives are the first modular equipment that:
- All MOA models are named after dinosaurs: Oloro is named after the Olorotitan, Lambeo is named after Lambeosaurus, and Para is named after Parasaurolophus.
- The MOAs are the first companion to mirror player behavior. It will crouch and walk crouched along with the player, as well as mirroring some emotes if an Emotion Module is installed.
- According to TennoCon 2018, the idea of modular pets, leading to the implementation of MOA Companions, is not Digital Extremes' original idea. It started as a meme from users in the Warframe Community Forum.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.2.12
- Kitguns, a modular firearm system also available from Solaris United.
- Zaws, a modular melee weapon system available from Cetus.
|Sentinels||Carrier (Prime) • Dethcube • Diriga • Djinn • Helios (Prime) • Oxylus • Shade (Prisma) • Taxon • Wyrm (Prime)|
|MOAs||Lambeo • Oloro • Para|
|Kubrows||Chesa Kubrow • Helminth Charger • Huras Kubrow • Raksa Kubrow • Sahasa Kubrow • Sunika Kubrow|
|Kavats||Adarza Kavat • Smeeta Kavat • Venari|
|Bracket • Core • Gyro • Model|
|Lambeo||Shockwave Actuators • Stasis Field|
|Oloro||Security Override • Tractor Beam|
|Para||Anti-Grav Grenade • Whiplash Mine|
|Other||Animal Instinct ( Primed Animal Instinct) • Guardian • Link Armor • Link Health • Link Shields • Loyal Companion • Medi-Pet Kit • Medi-Ray • Pack Leader ( Primed Pack Leader) • Sanctuary • Shield Charger • Vacuum|