The MK1-Kunai is MK1 variant of the Kunai and is the standard issue throwing knives for all Tenno recruit, suited for new players who desire a silent and stealthy sidearm.
This weapon can be sold for 2,500.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- MK1-Kunai (Normal), compared to Kunai (Normal):
During Awakening, the MK1-Kunai is one of two secondary weapons offered to the player, the other being the Lato.
The weapon can also be purchased from the Market for 15,000.
- The MK1-Kunai does not have the pinning properties of other projectile weapons, such as the Boltor or Paris, but will simply throw targets backwards upon death.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for the arc of the blades.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- The Kunai (苦無) was traditionally a multipurpose tool, similar in design to a crowbar. It could be used for gardening, masonry, and other things.
- In popular culture, the word "Kunai" is often associated with ninjas and is depicted as a throwing knife.
- The MK1-Kunai was introduced as a new starting weapon option in Update 14.0 (2014-07-18), alongside the Lato and the MK1-Furis.
- The MK1-Kunai is the only weapon obtainable in Vor's Prize yet to receive a prime upgrade.
- The Spira Prime was originally meant to be the Prime upgrade to the Kunai, but it was mistranslated to Spira, DE changed its stats and made it the Prime to the normal Spira .
- Despite being acquirable from the Vor's Prize tutorial, the MK1-Kunai currently requires Mastery Rank 2 to purchase.
Close up shot of the Kunai being held
The stance used when holding the Kunai
Holding the Kunai like dual pistols
Warframe Let's Build the KUNAI Throwing Daggers (Damage 2.0)
Warframe - All Tenno Secondaries - Weapon Animations & Sounds (2012 - 2019)
Warframe - All Tenno Weapon Reloads in 3 minutes (2012 - 2019)
Update 21.6 (2017-08-29)
- Picking up disarmed thrown Secondary weapons (Kunai, etc.) will now display the context action “Pick Up *Thrown Weapon” instead of “Pick up Auto Pistol”.
Hotfix 19.11.5 (2017-02-28)
- Fixed the MK-1 Kunai not being purchasable in the Market when completing Vor's Prize.
Update 19.10 (2017-02-09)
- Kunai model reworked.
- Kintsugi and Nocturne skins added.
Hotfix 18.6.2 (2016-03-22)
- MK 1 Kunai damage has been increased in Conclave.
Hotfix 18.4.7 (2016-02-04)
- Fixed the MK1-Kunai alerting enemies instead of being Silent.
Update 17.9 (2015-10-28)
- Day of the Dead skin added.
Hotfix 17.8.1 (2015-10-22)
- Fixed the Mk-1 Kunai showing a Platinum cost in the Market.
Update 17.5 (2015-10-01)
- Fixed the bloom FX on Kunai weapons making it too difficult to aim through the glare.
Update 16.4 (2015-04-23)
- Slightly improved hit effects to Kunai impact visual.
Hotfix 15.7.2 (2014-12-19)
- Adjustments made to Kunai holster to remove redundant visual attachments.
Hotfix 14.2.4 (2014-08-23)
- Reduced conclave ratings for MK-1 weapons.
- Fixed cases where MK-1 weapons that had been acquired during the Tutorial would never gain XP.
Hotfix 14.2.3 (2014-08-21)
- MK-1 weapons have been added to the Market.
- MK-1 weapons can now be seen in the Codex.
Update 14.0 (2014-07-18)
Last updated: Hotfix 23.7.1 (2018-09-06)
- Kunai, the standard version of this weapon.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
- Hikou, another thrown secondary.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
|Auto|| Bubonico • Shedu|
|Active|| Simulor ( Synoid)|
|Auto|| Acceltra • Basmu • Baza ( Prime) • Boltor ( Prime, Telos) • Braton ( MK1, Prime, Vandal) • Buzlok • Dera ( Vandal) • Tenet Flux Rifle • Grakata ( Prisma) • Karak ( Kuva, Wraith) • Mutalist Quanta • Panthera ( Prime) • Quellor • Tetra ( Prisma)|
|Auto-Spool|| Gorgon ( Prisma, Wraith) • Soma ( Prime) • Supra ( Vandal) • Tenora ( Prime)|
|Burst|| Burston ( Prime) • Hema • Harpak • Paracyst • Quartakk ( Kuva) • Sybaris ( Dex, Prime) • Tiberon|
|Charge|| Miter • Opticor ( Vandal)|
|Held|| Amprex • Flux Rifle • Glaxion ( Vandal) • Ignis ( Wraith) • Quanta ( Vandal) • Synapse|
|Hybrid|| Ambassador • Argonak • Fulmin • Hind ( Kuva) • Stahlta • Stradavar ( Prime) • Tenet Tetra • Tiberon Prime • Zenith • Trumna|
|Semi-Auto|| Grinlok ( Prisma) • Kuva Chakkhurr • Latron ( Prime, Wraith) • Veldt|
|Auto|| Attica • Zhuge ( Prime)|
|Charge|| Artemis Bow • Cernos ( Mutalist, Prime, Proboscis, Rakta) • Daikyu • Dread • Kuva Bramma • Lenz • Paris ( MK1, Prime)|
|Active|| Penta ( Carmine, Secura)|
|Auto|| Tenet Envoy|
|Semi-Auto|| Kuva Ogris • Tonkor ( Kuva) • Torid • Zarr ( Kuva)|
|Auto|| Astilla ( Prime) • Boar ( Prime) • Sobek|
|Auto-Spool|| Kohm ( Kuva)|
|Charge|| Drakgoon ( Kuva)|
|Duplex|| Tigris ( Prime, Sancti)|
|Held|| Convectrix • Phage • Phantasma|
|Semi-Auto|| Arca Plasmor ( Tenet) • Corinth Prime • Corinth • Exergis • Hek ( Kuva, Vaykor) • Strun ( MK1, Prime, Wraith)|
|Semi-Auto|| Komorex • Rubico ( Prime) • Snipetron ( Vandal) • Sporothrix • Vectis ( Prime) • Vulkar Wraith • Vulkar|
|Charge|| Ferrox • Javlok|