It can be acquired by purchasing it for 100 each from Fisher Hai-Luk.
Unlike other Gear items, the Luminous Dye does not need to be equipped at the Arsenal once built in the Foundry. Once in the Plains, players can use the Luminous Dye by first equipping a Fishing Spear, then pressing the dye key (PC default ). It will then be thrown into a body of water to take effect. The dye key can also be held to choose any dyes the player has in their inventory.
- A single Luminous Dye shares its effects with all players within its area of effect.
- Multiple Dyes can be cast to cover a larger area.
- Also highlights Servofish when used in the Orb Vallis, and Infested fish in Cambion Drift.
- The glowing silhouettes of Servofishes caused by Luminous Dye will be always those of the Magnificent variants regardless of the actual variants.
- Normal visible Servofishes typically reflect the variants.
- This might be because all Servofish in the same species shares the same model, Magnificent one, but some textures are rendered invisible to depict lesser variants.
- With the Scan Aquatic Lifeforms precept, the Oxylus sentinel can highlight fish in the water similar to Luminous dye, as well as show fishing hotspots on the map.
- Apart from seeing fish in dark waters, the Luminous Dye is also useful at seeing fish that try to hide under masses of floating plants, which many of the freshwater fish will occasionally do to make detection difficult.
- Luminous Dye range is reduced on low Geometry Detail. Increasing it fixes the problem.
- If a Luminous Dye was already cast, subsequent casts may fail to highlight fish in the water.
- Ivara's , while a Luminous Dye is in the water, will take control over the dye (also over baits) but can not be moved.
- It was originally named Luminos Dye. Presumably, it was changed because it was a typo.
- Prior to Update 24.6 (2019-04-04), the Luminous Dye can be crafted using a reusable blueprint bought from Fisher Hai-Luk at the cost of 500. Crafting the Luminous Dye will give 10 charges of the item for use:
|Time: 5 min|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
|Usable||Antiserum Injector • Antitoxins • Apothics • Archgun Deployer • Archwing Launcher • Cipher • Dragon Keys • Grustrag Three Beacon • Health Restore • K-Drive Launcher • Necramech Summon • Omni Ammo Box • On Call Crew • Pheromone Synthesizers • Requiem Ultimatum • Stalker Beacon • Stims • Wolf Beacon • Zanuka Hunter Beacon|
|Equipable||Codex Scanner • Cutters • Echo-Lures • Fishing Spears • Pheromone • Synthesis Scanner • Tranq Rifle|
|Deployable||Air Support Charges • Baits • Fosfors • Kinetic Siphon Trap • Loc-Pin • Luminous Dye • Pharoma • Pherliac Pod • Specter • Team Bonus Consumables|
|Event-Restricted||Eidolon Phylaxis • Fomorian Disruptor • Infested Catalyst • Razorback Cipher • OpLink|
|Cosmetic||Eros Arrow Skin • Glyph Prism • Grand Finale • Ki'Teer Fireworks • Remote Observer • Starburst|