Locust Drones are small robots deployed by Carriers, and by Gox upon self-destructing. While physically weak, Locust drones carry highly accurate lasers that cannot be dodged, constantly dealing damage on player shields and health.
- Locust drones tend to strafe and reposition themselves very often in combat. It can be helpful to draw them into a tightly enclosed space so that they pin themselves in place. This is especially true when trying to scan them.
- Using Archwing abilities such as Odonata's or Elytron's can be useful in case of multiple Locust drones, since it can target the small drones and exterminate them all at once.
- Locust Drones utilize exactly the same model as Nemes.
- Even though the Locust Drone is a robotic proxy, they use instead of health.
- In The Profit, what appears to be a Locust Drone can be seen projecting a hologram of the Corpus Board for Alad V, nearly a year before players would encounter it.