Lieutenant Lech Kril is the Grineer boss of Mars, and a dual boss on Ceres alongside Captain Vor. A revered war hero clad in impenetrable armor and armed with a Gorgon and his signature Brokk hammer with Cold/ Heat abilities, Lech Kril is a formidable adversary for anyone who opposes him.
- On War, Mars, a successful assassination will reward Excalibur's components.
- On Exta, Ceres, a successful assassination will reward Frost's components and either Miter parts or Twin Gremlins blueprint.
Lieutenant Lech Kril is a revered war hero among the Grineer empire stationed in War, Mars, who wields a hammer and a cryo-bag which he effectively uses to lethal effect.
His reputation preceded him to the point that while his assassination will result in increased stability for the solar system and intimidate the rest of the Grineer, it may also make him a martyr to his people.
Lech Kril once had a quarrel with a member of the Nightwatch Corps named Gorth for killing his close ally under the reason of "stealing supplies". The Nightwatch marine eventually suffered a political fallout that destroyed his career, exiling him of any further military service. Gorth now works under the Rathuum as an Executioner to redeem his honor.
Though Lech Kril plays no part in Operation Arid Fear – a Tenno operation to uncover the Grineer's hidden settlement, of which the former succeeded on – he was later assigned by Captain Vor to assist him in protecting the revealed settlement in Mars (now moved to Ceres for gameplay reasons).
- Gorgon: A fully automatic machine gun with a high fire rate thanks to its spool-up. Kril uses this at range to mow down his enemies.
- Brokk: A large hammer that Kril swings with immense force against Tenno that move too close to him. In Phase 1, his swings do Cold damage, while in Phase 2 they do Heat damage
- Ice Wave: Used exclusively during Phase 1, Kril slams the ground with his Brokk, creating a wave of ice that deals Cold damage.
- Fire Wave: Used exclusively during Phase 2, Kril slams the ground with his Brokk, creating a wave of fire that deals Heat damage.
- Flame Barrier: Used exclusively during Phase 2, if Kril cannot reach his target for whatever reason (such as standing on a highwire) Kril surrounds himself in a sphere of flames, to render himself invulnerable.
- Charge: Used exclusively during Phase 2, Kril charges forward, knocking down his opponents.
- Hammer Throw: Used exclusively during Phase 2, Kril throws his hammer like a boomerang.
Lech Kril engages with a Gorgon at range and will occasionally swing his Brokk hammer that deals Cold damage when Tenno get too close. is invulnerable to all damage, but the four coolant pipes on his back can be shot off. The coolant pack is highlighted in a neon blue color, which then turns neon red when one of the tubes is loose and flailing about, spewing white foam.
When one of his coolant pipes are dislodged, he will hammer the ground and freeze himself, becoming vulnerable to damage. However, he will immediately thaw after a bit of damage is dealt, and the process must be repeated.
Once all four his coolant pipes are destroyed, Lech Kril bursts into flames. He stops using his Gorgon and all his Brokk attacks are now Heat-based and can now Charge and Hammer Throw, along with a significant increase to his mobility and attack speed.
With his entire body now vulnerable to damage, the Tenno only need to shoot Kril until he is defeated while carefully avoiding his empowered attacks.
- Phase 1: Shoot the coolant pack on his back when it is neon blue, then attack Kril after he freezes himself with an overhead hammer swing. Repeat until all four pipes are dislodged. Kril uses a Gorgon and Cold melee attacks.
- Phase 2: Attack Kril until he is defeated. Kril exclusively uses Heat melee attacks.
- Before Update 7, Kril resembled a larger Grineer Butcher, and wielded a Fragor instead.
- Kril appears in the Warframe Open Beta trailer, though still wielding the Manticore, rather than the current Brokk.
- He was the first boss to undergo a major revamp, receiving a more complex boss battle and unique voice-acting and animations.
- Prior to Update 7.5, he used the Manticore instead of the Brokk.
- He also was the first boss to have a special death animation. Prior to Update 8.0, on death, he would fall flat on the ground like a downed player before actually dying. It took a little time for him to bleed out on his own, but one could finish him to shorten the time. After Update 8, he now has a new death animation where he falls to his knees and collapses before erupting in a fiery explosion.
- Lieutenant Lech Kril's taunt "And I will strike down upon (player name) with great vengeance and furious anger!" Is a reference to a scene in Pulp Fiction, in which Samuel L. Jackson states the same as a quote from the Bible's book Ezekiel 25:17 (Which was a dramatized version from the original Bible quote, "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.")
- As of Update 11.0, his shields can be damaged during Phase 1. Prior to the recent status rework (update number needed) the bleeding effect from Slash-based weapons could directly damage his health, despite him being invulnerable.
- His rank is somewhat unusual for a supposed 'war hero', as Lieutenants are generally lesser-ranking commissioned officers in current military terms, only three or four steps above the lowest possible rank. It is possible that Kril has not been an officer for long, or that Grineer officers are assigned their ranks/titles on a different basis; perhaps based off the size of the force they command or their overall long-term experience, rather than personal combat experience. Alternately, his status as a war hero may be entirely fabricated as a propaganda campaign, and his title/rank chosen on purpose.
- His armor (and possibly body) is preserved and displayed inside Kuva Fortress, alongside with other various artifacts.
- If Inaros attempts to absorb his health while down, he will put a shield up to prevent this, it's most likely he has heard of Inaros due to being on Mars.
- While facing Lieutenant Lech Kril on War, Mars, it is possible to make him stuck under elevator. Doing so renders fight trivial.
- When using Fire Wave or Ice Wave, the effect of his hammer impacting the ground will instead appear at the end of the ability. There are also no visual effects for Lech Kril pulling out his hammer after Ice Wave is used.
- When damaged by a Puncture proc, the effect will never go away. This may apply to other procs.
- Upon death, the explosion effect will trigger when all his health is lost, instead of when his body disappears, making it seem like his corpse vanishes from thin air. (It appears this only occurs when bug 6 also occurs.)
- After the cutscene on Ceres, Lech Kril may wield his Brokk like the Gorgon for a moment. After the cutscene on Phobos, Kril will wield his Gorgon like the Brokk.
- If any animation other than shooting and/or walking is playing when you destroy one of Lech Kril's coolant tubes, he will not flail around in a daze.
- When his final coolant tube is destroyed, Lech Kril can still take damage after being unfrozen, and before beginning his second phase. This is exploitable to significantly shorten the fight during Phase 2.
- When beginning his second phase, the burning ground and death explosion effect will play, along with what should only be the heat proc-esque effect.
- When Lech Kril melee attacks you using his hammer with only one arm, the swinging sound effect will play a second time as he brings it back to holding position. When he is in his first phase, the Gorgon teleports into his hand when the second swinging sound effect plays.
- Lech Kril will continue to speak to the player on Phobos even after he's been killed in the fight, so long as Vor remains. The same goes for Vor if Kril is still alive.
- His "second-skin" quote has a typo, as "second-skin" should not be hyphenated.
- During his transmissions, he is in his second phase, even though he always begins in his cold based first phase. This is also weird since ice can be seen in the background.
- If you stay out of Lech Kril's notice long enough, he will stop tracking you. If you end up behind him, he will try to face you, but will ignore attacking you until you attack him, make a noise, or walk into his cone of vision. If you chose one or both of the first two options, he will slowly waddle around until his cone of vision perfectly lines up with you, where the battle will then continue as normal. He may also waddle around when he "tries" to freeze himself. He will also lose notice if he uses his flame barrier.
- Rarely, Lech Kril will walk in a random direction and use Fire Wave wherever he is walking. It is unknown if this happens with Ice Wave.
- When performing a charge attack animation, he will stumble, but won't move accordingly.
- After chaining him with Harrow's Condemn, Lech Kril will be caught in an endless animation loop.
Last updated: Update 27.2
|Grineer||Planet||Captain Vor (Mercury/Ceres) • Councilor Vay Hek (Earth) • General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) • Kela De Thaym (Sedna) • Lieutenant Lech Kril (Mars/Ceres) • Tyl Regor (Uranus)|
|Mission||The Grustrag Three (Assassin) • Ven'kra Tel and Sprag (Orokin Sabotage)|
|Event||Balor Fomorian (Fomorian Fleet)|
|Corpus||Planet||Alad V and Zanuka (Jupiter) • Ambulas (Pluto) • Jackal (Venus) • Hyena Pack (Neptune) • Raptors (Europa) • The Sergeant (Phobos)|
|Mission||Exploiter Orb (Orb Vallis) • Lynx (Orokin Sabotage) • Profit-Taker Orb (Orb Vallis) • Zanuka Hunter (Assassin)|
|Event||Razorback (Razorback Armada)|
|Infested||Planet||Jordas Golem (Eris) • Juggernaut Behemoth (Eris) • Mutalist Alad V (Eris) • Lephantis (Deimos) • Zealoid Prelate (Deimos)|
|Mission||Juggernaut (Infested Ship)|
|Event||Phorid (Phorid Manifestation) • Hemocyte (Plains of Eidolon - Operation: Plague Star)|
|Orokin||Mission||Corrupted Vor (Void)|
|Mission||Eidolon Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst (Plains of Eidolon)|
|Event||Condrix (Earth - Operation: Scarlet Spear)|
|Stalker||Mission||Stalker or Shadow Stalker (Assassin)|
|Unaffiliated||Mission||Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassin)|