The Lex is a pistol with high damage and very high accuracy. The weapon does not falter in long ranges, and is capable of dispatching most light armored enemies with a well-aimed headshot.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- High critical chance.
- Very accurate.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low status chance.
- Low fire rate.
- High recoil.
- Slow reload speed.
- Small magazine size.
- Lex, compared to Lex Prime:
- Lower base damage (130.0 vs. 150.0)
- Lower critical chance (20% vs. 25%)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 25%)
- Lower fire rate (1.08 rounds/sec vs. 2.08 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (6 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 8)
- Lex, compared to Aklex:
- See Category:Lex Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Lex Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- It is well suited for medium to long range combat, and the Hawk Eye mod can increase zoom to effectively use it as a pocket sniper.
- Recommended to pair this with a close to mid-range primary weapon as its small magazine and longer reload times can be crippling at closer ranges. This weapon is also very useful while playing a support role for its long-range capability and common ammo type.
- Barrel Diffusion enables a 120% chance for additional projectiles without ammunition consumption (up to 180% and faster fire rate with Lethal Torrent). This, combined with Hornet Strike will cause damage rivaling most sniper rifles.
- Using Gunslinger to increase the firing rate of the Lex makes it a viable weapon in almost any circumstance.
- Combining a max ranked Slip Magazine and Ice Storm can push the Lex up to 10 rounds per magazine, and by adding Gunslinger, Quickdraw, Steady Hands and Stunning Speed , all drawbacks of the weapon will be eliminated.However using all of these mods at once will severely limit your mod space for equipping elemental damage, crit chance and crit damage mods.
- This weapon is useful alongside automatic rifles or shotguns, as most of those weapons have poor long-range capabilities.
- This weapon can also be a high-risk-high-reward alternative to pair with a sniper rifle, since it can be used to finish off heavy enemies usually in a few hits, when you need to reload your rifle, or when you're being surrounded by lightly armored enemies.
- Using Steady Hands (which reduces the recoil of pistols) can be very beneficial to the Lex, as the high recoil between each shot could lead to you missing your target at times.
- Mesa's passive provides a much needed reload speed.
- Lex is the Latin word for law.
- Lex also pronounced similar to เล็ก (Lĕk), a Thai word for "small", which is ironically referred to its tiny size.
- Lex shares its name with a mission node on Ceres.
- The Lex has a surprisingly conventional appearance compared to most weapons in the game, drawing inspiration from real-world firearms. Its Prime variant continues this trend, complete with a slide that is pulled back during reloading.
- The underbarrel attachment is a flashlight.
- The Lex appears to have two barrels, but the lower "barrel" is in fact a guide rod.
- The Lex and its akimbo and Prime variants share similar weapon sounds to the Hammer 1895, a revolver featured in Dark Sector.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.6.2