The Lenz is a Corpus bow with several unique mechanics. It has a built-in ammo mutation to compensate for its rather small ammo pool, and it fires special bolts that inflict weak procs within a eight-meter radius before exploding and dealing a large amount of damage within six-meters.
- Second highest base damage of all bows, behind .
- Tied with for highest critical chance of all bows.
- Arrow explodes on impacting a surface or enemy.
- Direct arrow impacts have a high chance to proc and stagger enemies.
- Initial explosion has a guaranteed proc in a 7.2 meter radius when impacting enemies or surfaces.
- 1.3 seconds after the effect, another explosion occurs in a 7.2 meter radius, dealing very high damage.
- Initial hit and explosions apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- 's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- On kill, bodies will follow the arrow that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate effect.
- Innate two polarities.
- Can benefit from ( ) and .
- Fire rate mods apply double their bonuses.
- The magazine on the back might be visually appealing for some.
- Innate damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Damage cannot be increased with or mods.
- Low status chance.
- Both explosions inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Explosion range cannot be increased with .
- Arrows have travel time with slight arcing.
- Slowest charge speed of all bows.
- Cannot be fired at partial charge.
- If the bow is charged but not fired for more than a few seconds, the charge will be lost.
- Low ammo pool.
- Built-in effect only restores one unit of ammunition per ammo pickup, regardless of type, except for Rifle Ammo, which recovers none. This is likely a bug.
- Alarming for a bow, making it ill-suited for stealth gameplay.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 235||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Energy Lab Research 4,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Cannot use the bow-exclusive mod.
- Having an innate arrow ammo mutation effect, the mod is not required with this weapon despite its tiny ammo reserve. However, as the innate mutation effect only restores one unit of ammunition per ammo pickup, the use of this mod is left to the user's discretion.
- There are actually three sources of damage with the weapon. The arrow itself will deal , then a large proc will occur when the arrow hits an enemy or surface, before exploding with damage. This is why if the user adds a single elemental like , the weapon will show both and at the same time.
- Enemies killed with the initial arrow's damage are ragdolled and launched forward, dealing the same damage to other enemies in their path. In such cases, the explosion will not arm until the slain enemy's corpse strikes a wall, the floor, or any other piece of level geometry. The arrow will then create its detonation field at the point where the corpse 'lands'.
- This function has an additional effect when using any mod that grants Multishot: should multiple arrows strike the same target simultaneously, a second detonation field will be created at the point where the enemy was originally struck.
- Punch Through affects the location of the arrow explosions. The weapon's explosions are applied at the final point of contact where the arrow ends rather than whenever the arrow punches through an enemy or object.
- Shooting a Sensor Bar activates the explosion.
- Lenz will still have its proc effect even if its damage is changed into a secondary elemental damage like .
- Additional projectiles caused by Multishot or 's do not inflict stagger.
- While the Lenz has innate ammo mutation, its small ammo pool and low ammo conversion rating means players have to make their shots count.
- Shooting 's or a companion's with the Lenz results in its projectiles instantly skipping to the explosion phase.
- 's Rift Walk can protect from the explosion without having to escape the area of effect, even if already slowed by the initial proc if the player shifts planes quickly enough.
- It can be helpful to aim at a nearby surface within the enemy's vicinity and use the Lenz as a timed mine layer. The innate guaranteed proc upon the arrow's impact will minimize enemy potential to escape, allowing the bulk of the damage to reach them most of the time.
- Shadow Stalker is immune to the Freeze debuff from the proc, meaning he will be more than fast enough to escape the bubble before the goes off. If you cannot score direct hits, it may be advisable to switch to a different weapon.
- The Lenz is the first bow that is not silent, and also the first bow that cannot equip .
- The Lenz's name may be a nod to Emil Lenz, a Russian physicist who studied electromagnetism. He is most commonly known for Lenz's Law.
- The pitch of the humming sound played when charging a shot changes with altered fire rates. A higher fire rate results in a more high pitched sound, while a slower fire rate produces a lower pitched sound.
- The Corpus text on the bow translates to "AUOKZ", its meaning unknown.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.0.3 (2018-06-19)
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|