The Legendary Core is an exclusive, special type of resource appearing as an ornate gold orb, which can be used to maximize any mods without Endo and Credit costs. They are currently very rare, making it a highly valuable object to have.
- Legendary Cores were originally given out during Update 12.2 to all players who possessed a Steel Charge Aura mod that was rank 6 or higher as a compensation for the resources players have spent in ranking up Steel Charge, as the subsequent update changed the mod's rank from 10 to 5.
- It can be rewarded by completing a full set of Sortie missions (albeit with a very low chance).
- It is occasionally given away as an exclusive reward by Digital Extremes.
- Legendary Cores can be acquired from trading with players with a default tax of 1,000,000.
- The most efficient use of the Legendary Core is on primed mods with ten upgrade levels, such as Primed Continuity or Primed Point Blank.
- Before Update: The Silver Grove was deployed:
- Legendary Core was stored in the form of a mod card, before converted into a Fusion resource.
- Legendary Core was the first Legendary-tier mod ever distributed in the game. The next being primed mods offered by Baro Ki'Teer and Daily Tribute.
- Legendary Core was the second mod with no fusion levels after Coolant Leak.
- Legendary Core was the only mod that does not provide any mod value in the Mod storage total value.
Last updated: Hotfix 25.7.5