The Lanka is a Corpus sniper rifle that uses a charged-shot mechanic and shoots Electricity projectiles. A fully charged shot boasts impressive damage, amplified by the weapon's high critical chance from zoom-ins, but is slow and somewhat inconsistent due to its slow charge speed and projectile travel time. It can be researched from the Energy Lab in the dojo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all sniper rifles when fully charged.
- Very high critical chance and status chance.
- Fully charged shots have innate 5 meter punch through.
- Second largest magazine size of all sniper rifles, behind Komorex.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Three zoom modes:
- First zoom has 3.0x zoom distance and +20% critical chance.
- Second zoom has 5.0x zoom distance and +30% critical chance.
- Third zoom has 8.0x zoom distance and +50% critical chance.
- Longest shot combo reset time of all sniper rifles.
- Can use the Lanka-exclusive mod Voltage Sequence.
- Innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Fairly slow charge speed.
- Projectiles have travel time, hindering its long-ranged use.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Extremely inaccurate hip fire/non-aim shooting.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with other weapons that deal Elemental Damage instead of physical damage, the Lanka's innate Electricity damage is added last in regards to elemental combinations. In order to create elemental combinations that require Electricity damage, you will have to position elemental mods as if there were an Electricity damage mod to the right of the bottom right mod slot.
- Charged shots can be fired at 33% charge, sacrificing damage in exchange for fire rate.
- The Lanka has the longest shot combo reset time of all sniper rifles at 6 seconds, allowing it to maintain its shot combos longer.
- The zoom bonus adds a flat +20/30/50 critical chance, applied after mods. With Point Strike at max zoom, you have a (25 * (1 + 1.5)) + 50 = 112.5% critical chance.
- The Lanka's shots can be controlled by Ivara's Navigator.
- Requires only 2 shots to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage bonus on the first hit if Multishot mods like Split Chamber trigger a 2nd shot that also lands on the target.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Increasing the fire rate will reduce charge time. A combination of Speed Trigger, Shred, and Vile Acceleration can reduce it down to 0.36 seconds. Vile Acceleration gives the greatest decrease per mod capacity.
- Adding a rank 2 Wildfire gives two extra rounds per magazine, a rank 4 Magazine Warp gives three. Combine both for a total of 15 rounds in the magazine.
- It performs optimally at the edge of an open air map.
- All 'charge weapons' (guns) are capable of holding their charge during a sprint, and as long as the user starts the charge, they are able to finish charging while they are still sprinting. This is a useful trait for the mobility of the user.
- Using elevators and opening co-op doors also does not cancel the charge, however hacking consoles and opening lockers will.
- Sliding when you are about to hit the ground (from any height) is very useful for keeping your charge instead of losing it by rolling.
- Wall running or bullet jumping will not cancel the charge, but edge grabbing will.
- Using a two-handed skill will cancel the charge.
- The low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles can be alleviated in a few ways:
- Don't reload. Reloading with only one round missing from your ammo pool will give you one ammo instead of ten per ammo drop. Roll (into an obstacle), melee strike, or swap weapons to cancel a charge instead of reloading.
- Using a fully-ranked Sniper Ammo Mutation will make all ammo pickups give between 1 and 15 sniper rounds, depending on pickup type.
- Using the Sniper Scavenger aura will make sniper ammo pickups give 25 rounds at max rank, instead of the usual 10 rounds.
- Alternatively, Squad Ammo Restores can be used as needed.
- The Carrier's signature Ammo Case ability can be used in place of consumables or valuable mod space on your weapon or Warframe.
- Heavy Caliber can be used on the Lanka with little noticeable effect on its long-range accuracy, as its slow rate of fire ensures that its shots will always land on its crosshair. Heavy Caliber will affect the spread of additional bullets created by Split Chamber however.
- As of Update 11.3, the Lanka possess a very high innate punch-through, making Metal Auger unnecessary while Shred becomes less effective.
- Terminal Velocity can be used to increase shot flight speed. At max rank, it will increase the Lanka's fully-charged shot velocity to 320 m/s.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lanka is the name of an island fortress in Hindu mythology. This fortress is said to surpass even modern-day structures. This, in turn, is also a reference to the modern-day country of Sri Lanka.
- The Lanka looks almost identical to the Snipetron, the original Corpus sniper which was removed from the market due to "lore issues".
- The Lanka is either a railgun or a coilgun. Two different real life weapon types that work by 'firing' projectiles using magnetism.
- In real life, projectiles fired by either gun would be accelerated to incredibly high speeds, so the slow Projectile Speed of the Lanka's shots may be to balance out the Lanka's high damage and accuracy.
- Given that the Lanka does not deal any kind of physical damage, it is likely shooting super-heated plasma projectiles accelerated using magnetic technology. This would also explain why the projectile's slow speed, as dense plasma does not follow the same ballistic principles as solid projectiles.
- The Lanka is used by Sniper Crewmen, The Sergeant, Nullifier Crewmen (as well as their corrupted counterparts), and Perrin Sequence Operatives.
- The text near the bottom of the barrel translates directly to "Luksor Forge", implying a possible creator to the Lanka's production.
- When aiming, a number of Corpus "words" can be seen in the reticle:
- The Corpus text near the bottom of the scope overlay spells out 'MARS', which might allude to which planet this weapon was manufactured on (which is supported by The Sergeant, who was the boss of Mars and is armed with a Lanka).
- The text immediately below the 'Distance to Target' indicator spells out 'DUD'.
- The text below the Zoom Level indicator reads "ROYOT KON RO".
- The text appearing and disappearing above the reticle, as well as that along the far righthand side of the scope spells out gibberish as "DFKJDHFKDSJ FJDKFHDS", and "DKFH KDYF ALKDSNFDK".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Lanka's projectile will shoot off in a random direction when the barrel is "in" a nearby enemy, due to the length of the weapon's barrel.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Snipetron, the weapon that the Lanka's model is based on.
- The Sergeant, the boss that uses the Lanka.
- Sniper Crewmen, the Corpus units who use this weapon.
- Corrupted Nullifier, the Corrupted units who use this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|