Kuva Larvlings will only spawn upon completing The War Within.
- As noted above Kuva Larvlings will only spawn in regular Grineer missions whose level range is at least level 20. Thus under normal conditions Liches can only be "born" on the Kuva Fortress, Saturn, Sedna and Lua.
- Although its mission nodes fall under the level range, Larvlings cannot spawn on Uranus, likely because they're considered "submersible" missions rather than regular ones.
- While they increase the level range of the mission node they're on, Sorties, Void Fissures, Invasions, Quests and Dark Sectors are not considered "regular" missions and thus cannot spawn Larvlings.
- Nightmare Mode and Kuva Siphons are exceptions to this rule, which in turn allows Liches to be born on Ceres, Mars, Earth, and Mercury.
- During an Invasion, should the Grineer successfully occupy Corpus mission nodes within the level range, they can spawn Larvlings during the 24 hours the Grineer have control of the nodes. This allows for Liches born on Europa, Neptune and Pluto.
- Combining the above factors it is possible, though very unlikely, for Liches to be born on Phobos and Jupiter if the Grineer successfully invade a node and Nightmare Mode/Kuva Siphon modifiers take effect.
- If a Larvling is downed and left alone for 30 seconds, it will die without creating a Lich.
- Once downed, the Larvling will display an icon and name of the Kuva Weapon the created Lich will possess.
- After being downed, all players in the squad will receive 100 Kuva on end of mission, even if not mercied.
- Similar to Ghouls, Larvlings have Cloned Flesh for both Health and Armor, making them very vulnerable to Viral damage.
- The gender of the Kuva Larvling a player mercies determines the gender of the Kuva Lich that will be generated.
- In a co-op session, only the player who delivers the killing blow is allowed to mercy the Larvling and generate a Lich.
- A prospective weapon icon will appear only when a Larvling has finished kneeling animation. If a Larvling is suspended mid-animation, e.g. by Path of Statues, it can still be mercied but with no icon to indicate a weapon.
- Cassini, Saturn is a quick mission to run through for a chance to encounter a Kuva Larvling.
- Consider doing missions in Solo mode to ensure that you bring the Larvling's health down to mercy it.
- Be mindful of which Progenitor warframe you are using when looking to summon a lich, to ensure you get the element bonus that you want on the lich's weapon.
- The male variant shares the same model as Saturn Six Fugitives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.