Kuva Larvlings will only spawn upon completing The War Within.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the enemies until better facts are proven.
|Adaro||Sedna||Exterminate||32 - 36||Grineer Asteroid|
|Anthe||Saturn||Rescue||22 - 24||Grineer Galleon|
|Cassini||Saturn||Capture||21 - 23||Grineer Galleon|
|Naga||Sedna||Rescue||30 - 34||Grineer Galleon|
|Numa||Saturn||Rescue||22 - 24||Grineer Asteroid|
|Plato||Lua||Crossfire Exterminate||25 - 30||Orokin Moon|
- As noted above Kuva Larvlings will only spawn in regular Grineer missions whose level range is at least level 20. Thus under normal conditions Liches can only be "born" on the Kuva Fortress, Saturn, Sedna and Lua.
- Although its mission nodes fall under the level range, Larvlings cannot spawn on Uranus, likely because they're considered "submersible" missions rather than regular ones.
- While they increase the level range of the mission node they're on Void Fissures, Invasions, Quests and Dark Sectors are not considered "regular" missions and thus cannot spawn Larvlings.
- Nightmare Mode, Kuva Siphons, and The Steel Path are exceptions to this rule, which in turn allows Liches to be born on Ceres, Mars, Earth, and Mercury.
- During an Invasion, should the Grineer successfully occupy Corpus mission nodes within the level range, they can spawn Larvlings during the 24 hours the Grineer have control of the nodes. This allows for Liches born on Europa, Neptune and Pluto.
- Combining the above factors it is possible, though unlikely, for Liches to be born on Phobos and Jupiter if the Grineer successfully invade a node and Nightmare Mode/Kuva Siphon/Steel Path modifiers take effect.
- After the screen flashes during a mission, players are required to kill at least 10 enemies in under 1 minute, for the Kuva Larvling to spawn. The Larvling will not spawn whatsoever if no enemies are killed during that time or after the timer ends.
- If a Larvling is downed and left alone for 30 seconds, it will die without creating a Lich.
- Once downed, the Larvling will display an icon and name of the Kuva Weapon the created Lich will possess above its head, when standing within 3 meters of it.
- After being downed, all players in the squad will receive 100 Kuva on end of mission, even if not mercied.
- The gender of the Kuva Larvling a player mercies determines the gender of the Kuva Lich that will be generated.
- In a co-op session, only the player who delivers the killing blow is allowed to mercy the Larvling and generate a Lich.
- A prospective weapon icon will appear only when a Larvling has finished kneeling animation. If a Larvling is suspended mid-animation, e.g. by Path of Statues, it can still be mercied but with no icon to indicate a weapon.
- Invisibility may prevent Kuva Larvling from spawning.
- Cassini, Saturn is a quick mission to run through for a chance to encounter a Kuva Larvling.
- Consider doing missions in Solo mode to ensure that you bring the Larvling's health down to mercy it.
- Be mindful of which Kuva Lich/Progenitor Warframe you are using when looking to summon a lich, to ensure you get the element bonus that you want on the lich's weapon.
|Impact||Baruuk • Gauss • Grendel • Rhino • Wukong • Zephyr|
|Heat||Chroma • Ember • Inaros • Nezha • Protea • Vauban • Wisp|
|Cold||Frost • Gara • Hildryn • Revenant • Titania • Trinity|
|Electricity||Banshee • Excalibur • Limbo • Nova • Valkyr • Volt|
|Toxin||Atlas • Ivara • Khora • Nekros • Nidus • Oberon • Saryn|
|Magnetic||Harrow • Hydroid • Mag • Mesa|
|Radiation||Ash • Equinox • Garuda • Loki • Mirage • Nyx • Octavia|
*Note that the Primed/Umbra version of a Warframe share the same element
- After you see the flashing indicator that a Kuva Larvling will spawn, kill as many enemies as possible for a faster Larvling spawn. Bringing an area of effect clearing frame (for the certain element you want) comes in handy for this. Example Warframes:
- Radiation: Octavia or Day Equinox
- Magnetic: Mag (range and str build focused on Pull) or Mesa
- Toxin: Saryn
- Heat: Ember or Nezha
- Electricity: Volt or Limbo (strength/range and negative duration build focused on Cataclysm)
- Cold: Revenant (use Danse Macabre with Reave for mobility)
- Impact: Gauss (strength/range build focused on Thermal Sunder)
- Be aware that you can preview the Lich's weapon by standing near the Larvling before "committing" with a mercy kill. If you don't like the preview, ignore the Larvling and finish (or abandon) the mission normally.
- The male variant shares the same model as Saturn Six Fugitives.
- The female variant shares the same model as Kuva Scorpions.
- In Co-op sessions where some players have an active Lich but others do not, the Larvling may fail to spawn if the 10th enemy is killed by a player with an active Lich.
- Sometimes, the yellow flash for a Kuva Larvling will also appear in Void Relic missions.