The Kuva Kraken is the Kuva variant of the burst-fire sidearm, firing rounds in bursts of three instead of two, with higher critical stats, status chance, fire rate, magazine capacity, and reload speed. The Alternate Fire allows it to fire the whole magazine in a single concentrated burst.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Fast reload speed.
- Alternate Fire shoots all remaining ammunition in the magazine in a quick burst.
- Benefits from magazine increasing mods to further increase the burst's damage.
- Polarizing the weapon increases its max rank by 2, capping at rank 40 after 5 polarizations, granting the weapon additional mod capacity.
- Comes with an additional bonus , , , , , , or damage, based on the Kuva Lich's progenitor Warframe, which increases the listed base damage of the weapon by 25%-60%.
- Low and damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Kuva Kraken (Normal), compared to Kraken (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (53.75 vs. 49)
- Higher total damage (53.75 vs. 49)
- Higher base critical chance (21% vs. 5%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.3x vs. 2x)
- Higher base status chance (29% vs. 13%)
- Higher average damage per shot (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (87.58 vs. 51.45)
- Higher burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (592.93 vs. 227.41)
- Higher sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (399.67 vs. 128.23)
- Higher fire rate (6.77 round(s)/sec vs. 4.42 round(s)/sec)
- Larger magazine (21 round(s) vs. 14 round(s))
- Faster reload time (1.5 s vs. 2.45 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (15 vs. 0)
- Lower disposition (1.05 vs. 1.53)
While the weapon itself is not tradeable, a converted Kuva Lich generated with the weapon can be traded to another player. The trade is performed inside a Clan Dojo's Crimson Branch room, and the recipient must not have any active Lich. Once traded, the recipient must fight and vanquish the Lich to claim its weapon.
- Normal burst fire has significantly more recoil when fired from the hip.
- The Alternate Fire of the Kuva Kraken will eject all of the remaining ammunition in the magazine in a single burst.
- Base "real" fire rate is 20 rounds per second.
- Increasing the magazine size of the weapon such as with ( ) and using recoil reduction mods like can help to make its damage output more consistent and reliable.
- If buffed with unlimited ammo such as from the Reactant Buff, the weapon will only fire its magazine amount at a time, with small delays between each trigger pull.
- The burst can be interrupted with a quick melee attack, dodge roll, or weapon swap.
- The ability to to unload all its magazine in one powerful burst is shared with the Corpus .
- As with all Kuva and Tenet weapons, the player does not have to meet the Mastery Rank displayed to obtain this weapon. It can simply be claimed from the foundry after the Kuva Lich or Sister carrying it has been vanquished.
- The weapon will have a prefix of the name of the Lich/Sister it was acquired from (e.g. Odizrigg Agekk Kuva Kohm).
- The weapon's max rank caps at 40 after 5 polarizations (max rank increases by 2 per Forma added).
- Additional polarizations can be added when the weapon reaches its new max rank at that polarization level.
- Each additional rank also gives 100 Mastery Rank experience, giving 4,000 points in total at level 40.
- Mod capacity scales with the additional ranks, and can reach a total of 80 at rank 40 with an Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Without an Orokin Catalyst, the max is 40. Combined with the five polarized mod slots required to reach that point, an Orokin Catalyst might not be required to finish modding the weapon.
- After polarizing a weapon, any additional mod capacity above 30 (60 with an Orokin Catalyst) will not take effect until the weapon's rank reaches 31 and above.
- Legendary Mastery Rank increases the minimum mod capacity for such weapons, without the weapon needing to be rank 31 and above. For example, Legendary 1 increases the minimum capacity to 31 (62 with an Orokin Catalyst).
- Comes with an additional damage stat, dependent on the Warframe that summoned the Lich/Sister.
- This damage stat ranges between 25%-60%, and is randomly generated by the Lich/Sister. It can be brought up to its maximum value with Valence Fusion using another copy of the weapon.
- This bonus stat is considered a base damage type that is added after all elemental mods.
- If the weapon innately has a primary element type ( , , , ) AND has a different primary element as its bonus stat, the elements on the weapon will combine in a unique way: Whichever of the two primary elements comes first in this element order - > > > , or "HCET" for short - will be placed second to last in the element combine order, while the other primary element will be placed last in the combine order. This order can be subsequently shifted based on the order of the equipped mods.
- For example, if the weapon innately has , using an progenitor Warframe to add base damage to the weapon will change the weapon's base element to .
- Because comes before in the HCET element order, will be placed second to last in the element combine order, and will be placed last.
- If the weapon is then modded with only , the elements will be arranged in the order , , , resulting in the weapon having + . If the weapon is instead modded with only , the elements will be arranged in the order , , , which will create + .
- If modded with and , the will be moved earlier in the combine order due to now being a modded element, so the new combine order will be , , , resulting in + . If modded with and , the combine order will be , , , , resulting in + .
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • •|
|• • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
*Note that the Primed and Umbra versions of a Warframe share the same element (including altered, exalted, spectral or enhanced forms such as Atlas using Rumbled, Titania in Razorwing, or Sevagoth's Shadow).
- The Kuva Kraken's alt-fire ability synergizes well with 's short-tap bubble, as the quick torrent of shot can pulverize crowds of enemies caught in the bubble. This can be augmented by equipping to further increase the number of shots absorbed by the bubble, as long as the otherwise powerful recoil effect is compensated for.
- The Grineer text on the side of its barrel translates to "Clash".
Kuva Kraken Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|