The Kuva Grattler is the Kuva variant of the archgun, with higher critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance, doubled magazine size, and doubled ammo regeneration in Archwing or Necramech combat, but sacrifices damage and some atmospheric reload speed. It no longer requires spool-up to achieve maximum fire rate, but in turn its base fire rate is slightly lower than a fully spooled normal Grattler.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Very high critical chance and status chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- High accuracy.
- Shots explode in a 9 meter radius upon impact with a surface.
- Initial hit and explosion apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Innate three polarities.
- Polarizing the weapon increases its max rank by 2, capping at rank 40 after 5 polarizations, granting the weapon additional mod capacity.
- Comes with an additional bonus , , , , , , or damage, based on the Kuva Lich's progenitor Warframe, which increases the listed base damage of the weapon by 25%-60%.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Explosions inflict self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Kuva Grattler (Explosion), compared to Grattler (Explosion):
- Lower base damage per projectile (155 vs. 205) (individual damage types below exclude any Progenitor bonus)
- Higher total damage (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (248 vs. 205)
- Higher base critical chance (27.00% vs. 25.00%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.1x vs. 2.0x)
- Higher base status chance (27.00% vs. 25.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (321.65 vs. 256.25)
- Higher burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (1785.19 vs. 1601.56)
- Higher sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (1303.05 vs. 873.57)
- Lower fire rate (5.55 vs. 6.25)
- Larger magazine (60 vs. 30)
- Faster spool-up (0 vs. 4)
- More polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (15 vs. 4)
- Lower disposition (●○○○○ (0.70x) vs. ●●●○○ (1.10x))
While the weapon itself is not tradeable, a converted Kuva Lich generated with the weapon can be traded to another player. The trade is performed inside a Clan Dojo's Crimson Branch room, and the recipient must not have any active Lich. Once traded, the recipient must fight and vanquish the Lich to claim its weapon.
- In Atmosphere, projectiles have infinite punch-through on bodies and therefore cannot explode on enemies but must hit a surface. Can be an advantage when aiming for the best surface in a group of enemies, but a disadvantage when there is no backing surface behind a target.
- Though the Kuva Grattler deals less damage than the standard Grattler, an elemental bonus of at least 32.3% will bring the Kuva Grattler's damage above that of its counterpart.
- For weapons obtained from vanquishing the Kuva Lich or Sister:
- The player does not have to meet the Mastery Rank displayed to obtain this weapon. It can simply be claimed from the foundry after the Lich/Sister carrying it has been vanquished.
- The weapon will have a prefix of the name of the Lich/Sister it was acquired from (e.g. a Kuva Kohm might be called "Odizrigg Agekk Kuva Kohm").
- Refraining from Mercy killing a lich candidate will remove their weapon from the pool of potential lich weapons until each has been refused, but only if the mission is completed. Weapons rejected from aborted missions will remain in the current cycle.
- For weapons obtained from Ergo Glast's shop:
- The player must meet the Mastery Rank displayed to obtain this weapon, as it is claimed from an NPC shop rather than the foundry.
- The weapon's max rank caps at 40 after 5 polarizations (max rank increases by 2 per Forma added).
- Additional polarizations can be added when the weapon reaches its new max rank at that polarization level.
- Each additional rank also gives 100 Mastery Rank experience, giving 4,000 points in total at level 40.
- Mod capacity scales with the additional ranks, and can reach a total of 80 at rank 40 with an Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Without an Orokin Catalyst, the max is 40. Combined with the five polarized mod slots required to reach that point, an Orokin Catalyst might not be required to finish modding the weapon.
- After polarizing a weapon, any additional mod capacity above 30 (60 with an Orokin Catalyst) will not take effect until the weapon's rank reaches 31 and above.
- Legendary Mastery Rank increases the minimum mod capacity for such weapons, without the weapon needing to be rank 31 and above. For example, Legendary 1 increases the minimum capacity to 31 (62 with an Orokin Catalyst).
- Comes with an additional damage stat.
- For Lich/Sister-obtained weapons this is dependent on the Warframe that summoned the Lich/Sister.
- For Ergo Glast shop a random bonus stat will be offered for each weapon and changed every 4 days (96 hours).
- This damage stat randomly ranges between 25%-60%. It can be upgraded up to its maximum value with Valence Fusion using another copy of the weapon.
- This bonus stat is considered a base damage type and will be applied after all elemental mods for the purposes of elemental combinations.
- Weapons with an innate primary element and a different primary element provided by the progenitor both behave as innate elements and combine with each other. They will also recombine with modded elements in the following order:
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • •|
|• • • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
|• • • • • •|
*Note that the Primed or Umbra version of a Warframe share the same element
- Equipped with a Gravimag, the Kuva Grattler is an extremely powerful crowd control weapon when deployed on the ground, with its high fire rate and large (for a shell-type projectile) area-of-effect damage that affect enemies behind walls. Combined with , the weapon can make short work of most crowds of enemies.
- In Archwing mode the Kuva Grattler has a 2.1 critical multiplier compared to the normal Grattler's 2.0 multiplier, however in Heavy Weapon/Mech mode it has the same 2.0x critical multiplier as the Grattler.
Kuva Grattler Skins
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|