“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please finish The War Within before proceeding.
- For the tileset, see Grineer Asteroid Fortress.
The Kuva Fortress is a location in the Star Chart introduced in Update 19. As the seat of the Grineer's power and home to their Queens, the Kuva Fortress is an imposing asteroid base filled with formidable weapons and sophisticated defensive systems designed to keep even the toughest of enemies out. The base is also constantly mobile with its Fomorian engines, making it difficult to locate and track while keeping its existence well-hidden.
Permanent access to Kuva Fortress is gained after completion of The War Within quest.
Archwing enemies will attack in open-air tiles. There are, however, no dedicated Archwing missions on the planet, and, despite the Archwing being required for every mission, tiles with Archwing-elements are rare.
- Unlike other planets in the Star Chart, the Kuva Fortress actually moves around the Star Chart, appearing in different places in relation to other planets.
- Planets located around the Kuva Fortress as it rotates will contain Kuva Siphon missions.
- The Survival node "Taveuni" has unique mechanics where players can harvest Kuva, see here for more information.
The Kuva Fortress is one of the most compact and maze-like missions in the game, second only to Infested Ships. With winding corridors leading to spiderweb like paths into branching rooms or open areas, it's easy for new players to get lost in this tileset.
Besides its size and complexity, it is also unique in the sense that it is heavily fortified with traps and turrets, that will activate if alarms are triggered by invincible sensors. In addition to turrets becoming active and the alarms automatically being triggered (alerting enemies as well, unlike Corpus Security Cameras) traps such as explosives mines will arm themselves, which often are in the path of fleeing Tenno attempting to find cover.
Mirage's Sleight of Hand ability is useful for taking control of many of these traps and fortifications, turning them off or even actively reprogramming them against the Grineer, similar to Nyx's Mind Control or Chaos.
The Worm Queen is often seen and heard on scattered monitors throughout the facility, giving updates, orders, or sadistic threats to Grineer on board. Despite this, her transmissions never address the player even if alarms have been triggered.
|Dakata||Exterminate||28 - 30||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Garus||Rescue||31 - 33||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Koro||Assault||29 - 31||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Nabuk||Defense||30 - 32||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Pago||Spy||31 - 33||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Rotuma||Mobile Defense||30 - 32||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Tamu||Disruption||35 - 40||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
|Taveuni||Survival||32 - 34||Grineer Asteroid Fortress|
- The mission nodes are all named after the Fiji islands.
- If undetected, a special room with a big monitor will spawn many Grineer who stand idle in formation and face the screen, as information is barked from the monitor. This is the only known case of enemies being specifically placed like this.
- The Kuva Fortress shares the least amount of nodes, eight (8) nodes, of all the planets in the Origin System with the Orokin Derelict and Lua.
- On Pago in the vault with the identical rooms, if the player gets caught underneath the folding ramp of the console they will be trapped and using the /unstuck command does not work, since the game does not consider the area out of bounds.
- The only tested way to escape the folding ramp is to switch between Operator mode and your Warframe. When you enter Operator mode, it places your Operator in front of your Warframe and then switching back to your Warframe will cause you to summon the Warframe to where your Operator is, causing you to move forward.
- Grineer Asteroid Fortress – main tileset for Kuva Fortress.
- Assault – sabotage subtype, that is limited to this tileset.
|Mercury • Venus • Earth (Proxima) • Lua • Mars • Phobos • Ceres • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn (Proxima) • Uranus • Neptune • Pluto • Sedna • Kuva Fortress • Eris • Void (Veil Proxima) • Derelict|