The Kunai are a set of throwing knives, released in Update 8.0 (2013-05-23). It deals a significant amount of damage, but can be hard to aim with because of its arrow-like arc projection.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for .
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Very high reload speed.
- High fire rate.
- Can hit multiple enemies in a short line (caused by flying dead bodies and not by the Kunai).
- The arc of the shots enable headshots over cover.
- Has two polarity.
- Can use the Kunai-exclusive augment.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Has travel time, making it difficult to land an accurate shot at long distances.
- Shoots in an arc, making it difficult for use at long range.
- Kunai (Normal), compared to MK1-Kunai (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (46 vs. 40)
- Higher total damage (46 vs. 40)
- Higher base critical chance (8% vs. 5%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.6x vs. 2x)
- Higher base status chance (8% vs. 2.5%)
- Higher average damage per shot (48.21 vs. 42)
- Higher burst DPS (160.53 vs. 139.86)
- Higher sustained DPS (128.45 vs. 111.91)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 0)
The Kunai's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
- The Kunai does not have the pinning properties of other projectile weapons, such as the or , but will simply throw targets backwards upon death.
- Make sure to adjust your aim for moving targets.
- When using at a distance, aim above the enemy to adjust for the arc of the blades.
- Using the mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- Alternatively, bring along Squad Ammo Restores.
- The Kunai's throwing arc means you can sometimes aim at targets behind cover. Aiming slightly above the cover will result in the Kunai curving downwards onto the target.
- Note that this is extremely situational, as enemy cover is usually too high to take advantage of this.
- The Kunai (苦無) were traditionally a multipurpose tool, similar in design to a crowbar or trowel. It could be used for gardening, masonry, and other things. Popular culture has since associated the kunai with ninjas.
- The and share similarities to the Kunai, they are all thrown secondaries that deal mostly damage.
- Update 16.7 (2015-06-04) revealed the Kunai to be a themed-weapon based off the , in the same manner that other themed-weapons like the , , and are related to the , , and respectively.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.2.1 (2018-08-03)
- , a similar weapon.
- , the starter version of this weapon.
- , the bow the Kunai is based off.
- , a weapon crafted from the Kunai.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|