The Kulstar is a Grineer-built torpedo/cluster bomb launcher that was introduced in Update 17.0. Once its torpedo comes in contact with an enemy or a surface, or if the player manually detonates it with Alternate Fire, it detonates and fragments into 3 smaller bomblets, which spread from the point of impact, also exploding on impact. This makes the Kulstar ideal for dealing with tightly grouped enemies.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price:40,000|
This weapon deals Blast damage.
- Very high total damage.
- Rocket explodes in a 3 meter radius on impact with a surface or enemy, then splits into 3 smaller cluster bombs that rain down on the point of impact.
- Rocket projectile can be manually detonated by pressing the Alternate Fire key/button — effective against enemies that have taken cover.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- High status chance.
- Very high accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- No Puncture or Slash damage – less effective against armor, health, and Ferrite Armor.
- Explosions and cluster bombs inflicts self-damage.
- Very high recoil when not aiming.
- Rockets have travel time.
- Very inefficient ammo economy.
- Extremely small magazine size of just 3 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Extremely low ammo capacity of just 15 rounds; requires just 5 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
- Receives reduced rounds from ammo Pickups.
- Only two non-Conclave polarity pistol mods exist, Deep Freeze and Sure Shot.
- Cluster bombs are launched in a loose arc away from the primary explosion in a similar fashion to spawning pods from Boilers.
- This may make it difficult to hit a single enemy with the primary explosion and cluster bombs and makes it so that arcing bomblets constitute an extra self-damage hazard.
- Multishot mods will only affect the rocket; the number of bomblets generated per rocket will always be 3.
- Additional projectiles generated by Multishot will assume a geometric formation, as per the Angstrum; 2 rockets will fire in a horizontal line, 3 rockets will fire in a triangle. 4 rockets, which is only possible with a Riven Mod in tow, will fire in a diamond. 5 rockets, also only possible with a Riven Mod in tow, will fire in a pentagon.
- The Kulstar possesses an unusual difference in recoil between hipfire and aiming. When hipfiring, the Kulstar has very high recoil per shot, violently shaking aim, while stopping to aim will drastically reduce the recoil.
- Magnetize will focus both the main projectile and its bomblets to a single target, delivering heavy damage to it.
- Hall Of Mirrors can be used with the Kulstar to devastating effect, saturating an area with explosions and wiping out entire squads. This combination can be further improved if Hall of Malevolence is used.
- The Kulstar was first presented in the Echoes of the Sentients Highlight Video.
- The Kulstar could be an intentional mispronunciation of the word "Cluster", which would be fitting given the Kulstar's projectiles are cluster bombs.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.2.1
- Angstrum, a similar secondary rocket launcher.