The Kronen is a pair of bladed Tonfas. They are the second of the fan-made weapon designs from DE's Community Melee Weapon Contest to be implemented, the first being the Silva & Aegis.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:65,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- High status chance.
- Tied with Telos Boltace for the second fastest attack speed of all tonfas, behind Kronen Prime.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching Gemini Cross.
- Lowest base damage of all Tonfas.
- Low critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Kronen, compared to Kronen Prime:
- Lower base damage (130.0 vs. 212.0)
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 22%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 34%)
- Lower attack speed (1.08 vs. 1.17)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 13)
- See Category:Kronen Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Kronen Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The last attack of the Kronen's basic combo can hit enemies behind the player.
- The Kronen counts towards the "Dagger Proficiency" achievements.
- With melee auto-aim on, you will be reduced to a very slow pace when your character chases down running enemies. Often, in the case of targeting a fleeing Grineer Lancer, for example, the speed at which you move forward to attack is nearly equal to his run speed, meaning you will continue to swipe at him without hitting him until he stops moving.
- This was the first Tonfa-type weapon in Warframe.
- At 65,000 credits, the Kronen has the most expensive weapon blueprint in Warframe.
- The Kronen is one of the winning weapons from the fan-created melee weapon contest (preceding the Silva & Aegis). Its design was submitted by the player Datareaper.
- Kronen is German for "crowns" or "coins".
- When the Kronen was first released, it was unable to do wall attacks due to a bug. This was fixed in Update 14.8.
- Perhaps the name is a reference to the Hellboy film character, Colonel Kroenen, who prefers using bladed tonfas.
Last updated: Update 26.0