The Kraken is a Grineer burst pistol that fires two shots with one trigger pull, and is highly accurate at range. It is deadly in the hands of the Seeker or a Dargyn Pilot as its high can easily destroy player shields in a single burst.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000; it is also a requisite ingredient for .
- High accuracy.
- High ammo efficiency.
- Normal Attack
- Highest disposition
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with three bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Normal Attack
- Very low crit chance
- Below average magazine
- Below average effective fire rate
- Very low reload speed
- Below average status chance
- Kraken (Normal Attack), compared to Kuva Kraken (Normal Attack):
- Higher base damage per projectile (49 vs. 43) (individual damage types below exclude any Progenitor bonus)
- Lower total damage (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (49 vs. 68.8)
- Lower base critical chance (5.00% vs. 21.00%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 2.3x)
- Lower base status chance (13.00% vs. 29.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (102.9 vs. 262.74)
- Lower burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (227.40 vs. 592.93)
- Lower sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (228.66 vs. 666.38)
- Lower fire rate (4.42 vs. 6.77)
- Smaller magazine (14 vs. 21)
- Slower reload time (2.45 vs. 1.5)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 15)
- Higher disposition (●●●●● (1.53x) vs. ●●●○○ (1.05x))
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Due to it being of Grineer design, the weapon is most effective against the Corpus as the high impact has a +25% bonus to basic shields, allowing a pure build to be viable.
- Kraken shoots two bullets in quick succession. Practice is recommended to fully master this weapon. Increasing the weapons rate of fire also decreases the gap between the bullets' firings.
- One can drop their aim to negate the kick on the second shot. With practice it is possible to snipe ranged targets, hitting with all bullets. If the first shot is aimed for the chest region, the recoil will knock the second bullet up, resulting in a headshot.
- can be used to negate the weapon's recoil, tightening the weapon's shot grouping per burst resulting in better accuracy at range. This can be beneficial for landing both shots in each burst.
- Like the pistol which also fires in bursts, timing is key to acquire maximum fire rate. Do not spam the fire button as the fire rate will be nearly half of what it should be. Instead, time your clicks accordingly to get the hang of when to correctly press the fire button.
- There is a small delay after firing where reloading can occur, unlike most weapons, so usually tapping the reload button after firing will not work and you must either double tap or wait a moment before reloading. This can be very annoying, and it is the same for the Sicarus as well.
- Kraken's average critical chance is alleviated by having a high critical multiplier. Although the weapon is not ideal for a critically focused build, it rewards players who get consistent headshots.
- The Kraken is a massive sea monster in Norse mythology, which is said to dwell off the coasts of Norway and Greenland.
- The large bulb in the front of the weapon with a cable running to it might be a flashlight of some sort, or possibly an infrared bulb. It could also be part of a targeting system, possibly connected to the Seekers visor.
Last updated: Update 23.3 (2018-08-09)
- Grineer Seeker, the Grineer unit that uses this weapon.
- , the Kuva Lich counterpart of this weapon.
- , a Tenno 2 round burst-fire rifle.
- , a Tenno 3 round burst-fire pistol.
- , weapon that uses the Kraken in its construction.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|