The Komorex is an Amalgam sniper rifle produced by the Corpus that incorporates Sentient technology in its design. Featuring a large magazine, high status chance, fast fire rate, two unique zoom modes for reduced recoil on the lowest zoom or boosted Viral damage explosion at max zoom, and innate Sniper Ammo Mutation, but suffers from having the lowest base damage and second lowest critical chance of any sniper rifle.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and Puncture damage – effective against health and armor.
- Good critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Second highest status chance of all sniper rifles, behind Sporothrix.
- Fastest base fire rate of all sniper rifles.
- Largest magazine size of all sniper rifles.
- Innate Sniper Ammo Mutation effect.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.0x zoom distance, -50% recoil, and 2 meter punch through.
- Second zoom has 3.5x zoom distance, +100% additional damage, causes shots to explode in a 3.5 meter radius dealing Viral damage, and -75% fire rate.
- Can benefit from Cautious Shot.
- Lowest base damage of all sniper rifles.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Second lowest critical chance of all sniper rifles, after Sporothrix.
- Tied with Vectis Prime for the largest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- Second zoom explosion does not affect combo counter.
- Slow reload speed.
- Lowest zoom distance of all sniper rifles.
- Extremely inaccurate when fired from the hip.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Second zoom explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Second zoom explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from central impact.
- Second zoom explosion range cannot be increased with Firestorm ( Primed) and Amalgam Furax Body Count.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The damage of the main shot is doubled when on the second zoom option, but also has an explosion of ~66 Viral damage in a 3.5m radius around the area of the impact.
- If punch through is added via mods, the projectile explodes only when it hits a target it can't penetrate.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The innate Viral damage added on the max zoom option can allow it to more quickly deal with higher level Grineer and Corpus enemies, by modding the weapon with Corrosive or Toxin damage respectively. This will allow the viral damage to scale faster against armored enemies, and decimate Corpus through shields.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Komorex's name may be a portmanteau of the words Komo (Hawaiian word for "enter", "go into", and "penetrate") and Rex (Latin word for "king").
- Alternatively, "Komorex" could be a portmanteau of Komodo dragon and tyrannosaurus rex. This is because a side view of the weapon has a faint resemblance to the profile of a reptilian head with jaws agape.
- The Komorex and Cyanex are the only two Energy Lab Research weapons with a 12 hour build time.
- Komorex has a unique reload animation where the Warframe grips the barrel and holds the gun vertically while folding the rod to eject the magazine, then holds the weapon at its base and adds a new clip which causes the gun to twirl twice.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 24.5
See also[edit | edit source]
- Cyanex, the secondary counterpart to this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|