The Knell is Harrow's signature pistol that ultilizes its scope to more accurately land shots at long range. Although its magazine can only hold 1 round (2 rounds when equipped with Harrow), headshots grant it infinite ammunition and increased critical multiplier and status chance for a short duration, making it a "high risk, high reward" weapon.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- High Puncture and Impact damage – effective against armor and shields.
- High critical chance.
- Headshots trigger the Death Knell buff, additively increasing the modded critical multiplier by 0.5 x buff stacks and modded status chance by 20% and granting unlimited ammo for 2 seconds.
- Stacks up to three times and can be refreshed on consecutive headshots.
- Good fire rate.
- Precise at long range due to the scope feature.
- Scope can be used even in Bleedout.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Low base critical multiplier.
- Very low base status chance.
- Low reload speed.
- Extremely low ammunition pool of only ten rounds.
- Can only load one shot at a time (two when used by Harrow).
- Impractical to use mods that increase pistol magazine size.
- When used by Harrow, the Knell's magazine size is increased by 1 round, for a total of 2 rounds.
- Upon headshots, the pistol gets the 2-second Death Knell buff which allows it to consume no ammo while firing, bypassing the need to reload.
- Stacks up to three times on consecutive headshots with each stack having its own duration.
- Adds a flat crit multiplier bonus per stack:
- Crit Multiplier = 1.5 × (1 + Crit Damage Mods) + 0.5 × Number of Stacks
- Also adds a flat status chance bonus of 20% per stack.
- No weak spots other than actual heads activate the buff.
- Headshots on invulnerable enemies will still grant the buff, but not with invulnerable bosses.
- As an indication that this buff is active, the scope design while zoomed in will evolve, as well as showing the Death Knell buff in the UI.
- The scope shows a 1.5x, 2.0x or 2.5x crit multiplier for the number of stacks respectively which does not represent the actual buff.
- Synergizes well with Magnetize, Scourge, Harrow, Arcane Precision, Arcane Awakening, all other "On headshot" arcanes, Hydraulic Crosshairs, Orvius and Prowl (only if using Suppress). This is due to it having a fast reload, extremely small magazine, and the focus on scoring headshots.
- Harrow's Condemn, in particular, synergizes extremely well with Knell as chained enemies leave their heads very vulnerable to being shot at.
- Scourge also works particularly well with Knell, as the Bullet Attractor-like fields caused by throwing the speargun are created over the enemies' heads, and make it easier to land headshots.
- Orvius' charged attack holds enemies in the air where they are open to headshots.
- Combining a maxed Primed Pistol Gambit with an maxed active Hydraulic Crosshairs will give a combined 322% crit chance bonus, bringing crit chance for the Knell to 84.4%.
- Pressurized Magazine can be very beneficial on this weapon, as it will increase the fire rate during the infinite ammo buff considerably if you can score a headshot quickly after reloading.
- Seeker is also a viable mod for this pistol, especially when expecting enemies to spawn in a corridor such as the main hallway in a Void Defense mission, or when trying to score a headshot against an enemy hiding behind cover or Shield Lancers.
- A knell is the sound made by a bell, specifically when rung to signify a death or a funeral.
- When viewed from overhead Knell resembles a cross, possibly in reference to Harrow's priest/exorcist theme.
- There is Tennobet engraved at the bottom of Knell's handle. This translates to "KUHT", which could mean "Cut".
Last updated: Update 24.6