The Knell is Harrow's signature pistol that ultilizes its scope to more accurately land shots at long range. Although its magazine can only hold 1 round (2 rounds when equipped with Harrow), headshots grant it infinite ammunition and increased critical multiplier and status chance for a short duration, making it a "high risk, high reward" weapon.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- High Puncture and Impact damage – effective against armor and shields.
- High critical chance.
- Headshots trigger the Death Knell buff, additively increasing the modded critical multiplier by 0.5 x buff stacks and modded status chance by 20% and granting unlimited ammo for 2 seconds.
- Stacks up to three times and can be refreshed on consecutive headshots.
- Good fire rate.
- Precise at long range due to the scope feature.
- Scope can be used even in Bleedout.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Low base critical multiplier.
- Very low base status chance.
- Low reload speed.
- Extremely low ammunition pool of only ten rounds.
- Can only load one shot at a time (two when used by Harrow).
- Impractical to use mods that increase pistol magazine size.
- When used by Harrow, the Knell's magazine size is increased by 1 round, for a total of 2 rounds.
- Upon headshots, the pistol gets the 2-second Death Knell buff which allows it to consume no ammo while firing, bypassing the need to reload.
- Stacks up to three times on consecutive headshots with each stack having its own duration.
- Adds a flat crit multiplier bonus per stack:
- Crit Multiplier = 1.5 × (1 + Crit Damage Mods) + 0.5 × Number of Stacks
- Also adds a flat status chance bonus of 20% per stack.
- No weak spots other than actual heads activate the buff.
- This also means that Lephantis Heads will not trigger the buff.
- Headshots on invulnerable enemies will still grant the buff, but not with invulnerable bosses.
- As an indication that this buff is active, the scope design while zoomed in will evolve, as well as showing the Death Knell buff in the UI.
- The scope shows a 1.5x, 2.0x or 2.5x crit multiplier for the number of stacks respectively which does not represent the actual buff.
- Synergizes well with Magnetize, Scourge, Harrow, Arcane Precision, Arcane Awakening, all other "On headshot" arcanes, Hydraulic Crosshairs, Orvius and Prowl (only if using Suppress). This is due to it having a fast reload, extremely small magazine, and the focus on scoring headshots.
- Harrow's Condemn, in particular, synergizes extremely well with Knell as chained enemies leave their heads very vulnerable to being shot at.
- Scourge also works particularly well with Knell, as the Bullet Attractor-like fields caused by throwing the speargun are created over the enemies' heads, and make it easier to land headshots.
- Orvius' charged attack holds enemies in the air where they are open to headshots.
- Combining a maxed Primed Pistol Gambit with an maxed active Hydraulic Crosshairs will give a combined 322% crit chance bonus, bringing crit chance for the Knell to 84.4%.
- Works surprisingly well in conjunction with Nyx's Mind Control, as headshots on the controlled enemy will still trigger Death Knell, but they will not take damage until the ability ends. This way you can always have a big-headed-buddy of your choice nearby for easy activations.
- Pressurized Magazine can be very beneficial on this weapon, as it will increase the fire rate during the infinite ammo buff considerably if you can score a headshot quickly after reloading.
- Seeker is also a viable mod for this pistol, especially when expecting enemies to spawn in a corridor such as the main hallway in a Void Defense mission, or when trying to score a headshot against an enemy hiding behind cover or Shield Lancers.
- A knell is the sound made by a bell, specifically when rung to signify a death or a funeral.
- When viewed from overhead Knell resembles a cross, possibly in reference to Harrow's priest/exorcist theme.
- There is Tennobet engraved at the bottom of Knell's handle. This translates to "KUHT", which could mean "Cut".
Last updated: Update 24.6