The Knell is 's signature pistol that ultilizes its scope to more accurately land shots at long range. Although its magazine can only hold 1 round (2 rounds when equipped with Harrow), headshots grant it infinite ammunition and increased critical multiplier and status chance for a short duration, making it a "high risk, high reward" weapon.
- High and damage – effective against armor and shields.
- High critical chance.
- Landing a successful headshot grants the "Death Knell" buff, additively increasing the modded critical multiplier by 0.5x and modded status chance by 20% and stacks up to 3 times, and also increases Ammo Efficiency by 100%. The buff lasts 2 seconds and can be refreshed on subsequent headshots.
- Good fire rate.
- Precise at long range due to the scope feature.
- Scope can be used even in Bleedout.
- Low damage – less effective against health.
- Low base critical multiplier.
- Very low base status chance.
- Extremely low ammunition pool of only ten rounds.
- Can only load one shot at a time (two when used by ).
- Impractical to use mods that increase pistol magazine size.
The Knell's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- When used by , the Knell's magazine size is increased by 1 round, for a total of 2 rounds.
- Death Knell adds a flat critical multiplier by 0.5x and a flat status chance by 20%. It also grants unlimited ammo. The buff lasts for 2 seconds and can be refreshed.
- Critical multiplier and status chance bonus can stack up to 3 times. When the buff times out, one stack is lost and the buff duration resets.
- Critical multiplier bonus is calculated as:
- Crit Multiplier = 1.5 × (1 + Crit Damage Mods) + 0.5 × Number of Stacks
- The buff triggers only on headshots, and not other weakspots, such as the backpacks of most MOA variants. Similarly, shooting weakspots generated by either or in places other than heads will have no effect either.
- As an indication that this buff is active, the scope design while zoomed in will evolve, as well as showing the Death Knell buff in the UI.
- The scope shows a 1.5x, 2.0x or 2.5x crit multiplier for the number of stacks respectively. However this does not represent the actual buff.
- Synergizes well with , , , , , all other "On headshot" arcanes, , and (only if using ). This is due to it having a fast reload, extremely small magazine, and the focus on scoring headshots.
- Harrow's , in particular, synergizes extremely well with Knell as chained enemies leave their heads very vulnerable to being shot at.
- also works particularly well with Knell, as the Bullet Attractor-like fields caused by throwing the speargun are created over the enemies' heads, and make it easier to land headshots.
- Orvius' charged attack holds enemies in the air where they are open to headshots.
- Combining a maxed with a maxed active will give a combined 322% crit chance bonus, bringing crit chance for the Knell to 84.4%. Using instead at maximum stacks will increase this further to 507% crit chance bonus, boosting the total crit chance to 121.4% for guaranteed critical hits.
- Works surprisingly well in conjunction with 's , as headshots on the controlled enemy will still trigger Death Knell, but they will not take damage until the ability ends. This way you can always have a big-headed-buddy of your choice nearby for easy activations.
- can be very beneficial on this weapon, as it will increase the fire rate during the infinite ammo buff considerably if you can score a headshot quickly after reloading.
- is also a viable mod for this pistol, especially when expecting enemies to spawn in a corridor such as the main hallway in a Void Defense mission, or when trying to score a headshot against an enemy hiding behind cover or Shield Lancers.
- A knell is the sound made by a bell, specifically when rung to signify a death or a funeral.
- When viewed from overhead Knell resembles a cross, possibly in reference to 's priest/exorcist theme.
- There is Tennobet engraved at the bottom of Knell's handle. This translates to "KUHT", which could mean "Cut".
Last updated: Update 24.6 (2019-04-04)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|