Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed kinetic damage (Physical, Heat, Cold, and Blast) into energy. Also protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage resistance is relative to the battery level.
|Strength:14 - 70% / 16 - 80% / 18 - 90% / 20 - 100% (damage reduction)|
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s (duration)|
|Misc:1.0 - 6.5% (battery drain per hit)|
?% (battery charge per melee attack)
2 / 3 / 4 / 5 % (energy restore per hit)
50% (damage reduction cap at empty battery)
100% (damage reduction cap at full battery)
100% ( Slash status chance for Mach Rush)
100% (base melee damage bonus and stagger chance from Redline)
- Gauss shields himself in a barrier of kinetic energy with one swift motion, protecting himself against incoming Impact, Puncture, Slash, Cold, Heat, and Blast damage types as well as their respective status effects, while also becoming immune to stagger and knockdown effects for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. While active, Kinetic Plating drains 1.28% battery power per second and 1.0% to 6.5% battery power per hit received, to reduce affected damage by a minimum of 14% / 16% / 18% / 20% at empty battery, up to a maximum of 70% / 80% / 90% / 100% at full battery. 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% of damage absorbed per hit is converted into extra Energy for Gauss. Melee attacks while Kinetic Plating is active will restore ?% battery. Kinetic Plating deactivates on duration end or by manually pressing the ability key again (default ).
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Damage reduction scales with battery level and is affected by Ability Strength. Maximum damage reduction cannot exceed 100%. Minimum damage reduction cannot exceed 50%.
- Damage reduction is calculated as:
Min Damage Reduction + (Max Damage Reduction - Min Damage Reduction) × Current Battery Level
- For example, with Kinetic Plating at rank 3, 100% Ability Strength, and battery level at 80%, the damage reduction will be: 20% + (100% - 20%) × 80% = 84%
- Damage reduction is calculated as:
- Battery drain per second, battery drain per hit, energy restore per hit, and battery charge per melee attack are not affected by Mods.
- Battery drain per hit is dependent on the damage of the attacker up to a cap of ~6.5%. Melee hits blocked generally drain less battery.
- Both damage reduction and energy restoration still function even when the battery is empty.
- Ability Synergy:
- While Kinetic Plating is active, it adds 100% Slash damage to Mach Rush's shockwave, and makes it inflict a Slash proc on enemies caught in the explosion radius.
- While the battery level is boosted during Redline, Kinetic Plating also grants Gauss a 100% base melee damage bonus and 100% chance to stagger enemies on hit.
- Kinetic Plating stacks and synergizes well with Adaptation.
- Kinetic Plating provides initial protection while Adaptation builds up damage resistance from 0% to 90%.
- Though Kinetic Plating's damage resistance can reach 100% at full battery, it cannot cover all damage type and the battery would't be full for most of the time.
- On the other hand, Adaptation can reduce only one damage type for each particular attack.
- Kinetic Plating stacks with Hunter Adrenaline and, when combined, can quickly restore energy while under heavy fire.
- Kinetic Plating synergizes well with Quick Thinking as it reduces energy drain upon fatal hit, and also compensates with its energy restoration.
- Kinetic Plating does not require high Ability Strength to be viable as its damage reduction is primarily scaled with battery level.
- Damage reduction will be 84% with 100% Ability Strength at 80% battery level.
- This can be scaled up to 90%, which requires 250% Ability Strength.
- However, at full battery, damage reduction will reach 100% if Ability Strength is 100% or more.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.