Release Date: April 20th, 2018
Fiercely poised with feral instincts, the huntress Khora and her feline familiar Venari prowl amidst combat scouring for prey. Mistress of the livewire, she enchains her foes to enforce deadly discipline by whiplash, claws, and serrated steel. Khora and Venari pounced from the shadows in Update 22.18 (2018-04-20).
AcquisitionKhora's main and component blueprints are acquired from standard Sanctuary Onslaught (not the Elite variant). Every two stages is a rotation, following the standard A-A-B-C pattern.
|Chassis Blueprint||8.33%||12 – 13 A Rotations||79 ± 26 A Rotations|
|Neuroptics Blueprint||9.09%||11 – 12 B Rotations||72 ± 24 B Rotations|
|Main Blueprint||11.28%||13 – 14 C Rotations||64 ± 19 C Rotations|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 325||Blueprint Price: N/A|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
- Main article: Fragments/Ghoul
Sigor Savah was a Corpus morphology specialist that worked under Nef Anyo's Venusian terraforming expedition. Tasked with decoding Orokin gene record and reviving select specimens for study, he came across an unusually large Kavat with atypical behavioural characteristics he would name Specimen VK-7. Sigor Savah believed VK-7 would make a fortune, but when he prepared for a surgical examination, the creature had willed itself back to life. The scientist would learn that VK-7 could adapt to its Corpus visitors, learning their schedules to formulate a plan for escape.
After VK-7's escape, it would proceed to raid Corpus hive sites and none who had attacked the beast survived. When Sigor Savah confronted the creature, the beast revealed a wound to him as act of trust. Placing loyalty above profit, Sigor Savah found himself tending to VK-7's wounds. The creature then delivered the scientist a severed hand of Orokin construction: Khora.
The Corpus, naming VK-7 as the Horror of the Hives, deemed the creature a threat unworthy of study. Sigor Savah promptly betrayed the Corpus to rescue the creature and was sentenced to be executed. VK-7 would then return the favor and saved the scientist from execution. Knowing both of them could no longer stay on Venus, the pair fled for a conveyor bound for orbit, but the Corpus had caught up to them. Giving the scientist one final glance, VK-7 activated the conveyor and lunged at her pursuers, sacrificing herself to save Sigor Savah.
Now a "better man than a scientist", Sigor Savah would then dedicate his life to searching for Khora's remains. Believing her to be on the Plains of Eidolon, he left his journal in the care of Konzu. Cephalon Simaris later received Khora's blueprints from The Quills and synthesized a Kavat from it. The Kavat disappeared into his Sanctuary Onslaught, waiting for a worthy Tenno to claim Khora.
- Khora was announced in Devstream 100. The stream featured her concept artist, Michael Skyers, who is one of Digital Extremes' 3D model artists.
- Khora was later also mentioned in the Ghoul Fragments.
- Though the Lore suggests that a fossilized piece of Khora's remain was found on Venus and she was somehow connected to Plains of Eidolon, all of her blueprints can be only acquired from Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Both Khora and Venari grant mastery points, 12,000 in total.
- Khora's abilities have undergone revision during the development process due to player feedback on Damage 2.5. Initially designed to change between Physical damage types ( , , & ), her finalized kit was showcased on Devstream 109 with the dependency on damage types removed and a new behavior mode selection feature for Venari was introduced instead.
- Khora is the first Warframe to ever require Kavat Genetic Codes, due to Venari being a Kavat, and the first Warframe to require Kuaka Spinal Claw, possibly due to her connection with the Plains of Eidolon, which is mentioned in the Ghoul Fragments.
- The inspiration for Khora's name could come from the Greek Goddess Kore (also known as Persephone), Queen of the Underworld and wife to Hades, God of the dead and King of the Underworld.
- Kore is also the modern name for a type of free-standing Ancient Greek sculpture portraying an emotionless maiden symbol of the ideal, transcending above the hardships of the world.
- Another inspiration could be centered around Plato's term khôra which means neither being nor nonbeing, but an interval between in which the "forms" were originally held; it "gives space" and has maternal overtones (a womb, matrix). This seems to be the theme of the Ghoul Journal Fragments.
- Khora's visual design was inspired from an arachnid, hence the abdomen-like skirt, spiderweb-like design on her chest.
- The four spikes on Khora's back are a special auxiliary attachment, similar to binds.
- Khora is the second Warframe after to have a built-in polarity in the Exilus mod slot. An Exilus Adapter is still required to unlock the slot, but a Forma is not necessary unless changing it to another polarity.
- Khora is the 35th Warframe to be released (excluding Primed and Umbra variants).
- Venari's name originates from the Latin word, meaning "Hunt".
- Khora is the second Warframe whose main blueprint is dropped as a possible loot reward, first being .
- For more information on Khora's Kavat, please refer to the tabs below and visit the ability article.
Khora's ferocious Kavat, Venari, fights alongside her with steadfast zeal. Venari is an exclusive Companion for the Warframe, integrated as her signature passive ability. Venari will spawn beside Khora when the player first enters a mission, as a permanent companion that lasts until killed.
While Venari is alive, Khora passively gains a 15% movement speed boost. If Venari is killed, she will respawn beside Khora after 45 seconds, or instantly if summoned via the third ability for an energy cost. Both passive features are tied to Khora's ability allowing her to be modified.
Additionally, Venari is an independent AI-controlled entity from Khora that possesses unique interactions:
- Venari automatically becomes available for customization in the Arsenal by default, when Khora is equipped as the player's current Warframe.
- Venari behaves similar to other Kavats. She will follow Khora and seek out nearby enemies to attack them with her bite and claws, occasionally performing wall attacks. Additionally, she can perform special effects based on her current battle posture.
- When killed, Venari will disappear and wait to respawn instead of entering Bleedout.
- Venari's UI is displayed above Khora's ability icons on the HUD. Her UI consists of her ability icon, her name, the battle posture cycle selection wheel, the currently selected posture, and her Shield and Health bars.
- Additionally to Khora, Venari herself also grants 6,000 mastery points, similar to other companions.
- Venari is however not listed on a player's profile.
- Venari is not affected by 's passive.
- Replacing Khora's third ability via Helminth will only remove the ability to mark targets for Venari, change her posture, and resummon her. Venari will still be present and boost Khora's movement speed while alive, due to being part of her passive.
- Master's Summons does not affect Venari.
In the Arsenal, the player can modify Venari via the Upgrade tab using Mods and Forma. Whether Khora was crafted or purchased, Venari always comes with a preinstalled Orokin Reactor for doubled mod capacity.
- Venari and Khora both accumulate Affinity and level up in ranks separately.
- Khora can equip a Companion and Venari simultaneously, due to Venari occupying her own loadout slot rather than the companion slot.
- Can equip Kavat and Companion eligible mods, but cannot use unique Precept mods from other Kavat variants.
- Is able to equip Hunter Set Mods, but they do not activate the set bonus nor display the set bonus on the mod descriptions.
- Venari requires individual Forma for Polarization of her mod slots.
- Venari is uniquely affected by the following mods:
- Although Venari has no innate Shield points, she is able to gain a shield bar by equipping .
- ( ) radars stack with other radar mods, as well as Animal Instinct equipped on Khora's normal Companion.
- equipped on Venari will not have its effect stacked with equipped on a robotic Companion, or another Fetch equipped on an animal Companion.
- If Khora is equipped with all three Umbral mods and and are both maxed, Venari will get more of a benefit from and than and .
- Venari regains health passively when and are equipped.
- Bleedout reduction from and Medi-Pet Kit has no effect on Venari as she disappears and waits to respawn when killed.
- Venari gains health when Khora uses her melee weapon, if it is equipped with and . Health is gained when an enemy is hit and the mod requirements are met.
- Venari cannot benefit from due to the Ability Strength bonus being consumed by the marking and reviving features of the ability.
- increases both Venari's normal attack damage and her Attack posture Snare damage.
Venari is customizable by accessing the Arsenal. When Khora is equipped, Venari's dedicated loadout section becomes available with Appearance tab for modification.
- Can be colored with Kavat Gene-Masking Kit palettes.
- Cannot equip alternative Kavat skins and armor sets.
- Venari's eye color and regalia color will match Khora's chosen energy color.
- Venari uses a custom model based on the Feral Kavat. Alongside other similar features, Venari is larger in size compared to other Kavats, has metallic lining spread throughout her body, and a single tail with an interchangeable tip, which transforms depending on her current battle posture.
Send enemies reeling with a deafening whipcrack.
|Strength:200 / 225 / 250 / 300|
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m (cast range)|
3 / 4 / 4 / 5 m (explosion radius)
|Misc:200 % (explosion radius range cap)|
2.0 x (Ensnare damage multiplier)
50 % (Strangledome damage distribution)
- Khora cracks her whip toward the aiming reticle, creating an explosion up to 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters away in a 3 / 4 / 4 / 5 meters radius area around the first object or entity hit. All enemies within line of sight of the explosion receive 200 / 225 / 250 / 300 base damage, while enemies at the center are also disoriented briefly, causing them to be knocked back and ragdolled.
- Whipclaw has an innate 200% critical multiplier, 25% critical chance, and 20% status chance.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength, the Melee Combo Counter, and certain melee mods.
- As an example, with a maxed , and , the normal attacks of a rank-3 Whipclaw will deal:
Base Damage × (1 + Damage Mods) × (1 + Elemental Mods) × (1 + Strength Mods) =
300 × (1 + 1.2) × (1 + 0.9) × (1 + 0.3) = 1,630.2 damage.
- The mods that affect Whipclaw include:
- Damage (e.g., )
- Physical damage (e.g., )
- Elemental damage (e.g., )
- Conditional mods (e.g., and , but not and )
- Critical chance and critical multiplier (e.g., and )
- Critical chance is rolled separately for each target hit.
- Status chance (e.g., and )
- combo counter (e.g., and )
- weapon augments (e.g., )
- Bane Mods such as do not have any effects on Whipclaw.
- Status duration Mods do not have effects on Whipclaw.
- The armor-removal effect of Shattering Impact is not triggered by the damage from Whipclaw.
- or or damage mods do not scale the damage of or or procs caused by Whipclaw. Each tick deals damage equal to 0.5 × .
- The combo counter will reset when equipped with .
- Whipclaw's critical chance is affected by and bonuses.
- Each hit from Whipclaw adds to the Melee Combo Counter.
- The Melee Combo Multiplier increases Whipclaw's damage, but only a fourth of the bonus is added.
- Whipclaw is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats and innate effects, weapon-specific mods (e.g., ), melee range mods (e.g., ) and attack speed mods (e.g., ).
- As an example, with a maxed , and , the normal attacks of a rank-3 Whipclaw will deal:
- Ability Synergy:
- Whipclaw inflicts 200% damage against enemies affected by .
- Refreshes the propagation effect on ensnared enemies hit by Whipclaw.
- If at least one enemy captured by is hit by Whipclaw, all other enemies in the same dome will each receive 50% total damage. Additionally, Whipclaw's Critical Chance and Status Chance will reroll on each enemy separately.
- Whipclaw will strike toward the aiming reticle at the end of the animation, landing the attack when the whip is fully extended.
- The explosion radius is centered on the closest physical object or surface in the player's crosshair, or the farthest area Whipclaw is able to reach.
- Can be cast while moving and airborne.
- Casting Whipclaw is an upper-body animation that allows movement and parkour Maneuvers.
- Khora's whip visually consists of a handle that resembles the 's model, alongside living metal spikes lining the thong, spine, and fall; four claw-like extensions comprise the lash of the whip, ending in the metallic adornments on Khora's body that match 's selected battle posture. The whip is affected by Khora's chosen Appearance colors.
- Whipclaw's radial explosion, the whip's energy lights and travel trail, are affected by Khora's chosen energy color.
- Whipclaw is not affected by cast speed mods (e.g. )
Known weapon synergies:
- Manticore's damage bonus applies to the ability.
- Lesion's elemental bonus buff applies to the ability, but won't be activated by it.
- Sibear's temporary status chance increase after a heavy attack will apply to the ability
- Furax Wraith's, Synoid Heliocor's and Fragor Prime's initial Combo Count affects the ability
- Main article: Accumulating Whipclaw
Accumulating Whipclaw is a Warframe Augment Mod for 's that grants a stacking damage bonus to subsequent Whipclaws upon hitting at least 3 enemies in a single cast, which will decay after 10 seconds.
|Rank||Damage Bonus||Decay Delay||Cost|
- Whipclaw's radial explosion forms when Khora's whip is fully extended. You can adjust your aim to hit your target or elsewhere during this animation.
- If your target is moving away too quickly during the animation, try to land the explosion on a nearby surface to catch your target in the area of effect.
- Cast Whipclaw directly on an enemy to knock it backward when it is hit by the radial burst.
- Modify your equipped melee weapon with eligible Mods that Whipclaw can benefit from.
- Whipclaw and your melee weapon both benefit from and contribute to the combo counter. Use both frequently to amplify their damage as you hit more enemies.
- Cast Whipclaw on enemies entangled by for double damage. Ensnared enemies that survive Whipclaw will propagate again to pull in new enemies.
- Cast Whipclaw on enemies captured by . The initial target takes full damage from Whipclaw, while all other enemies in the dome take half damage. Damage, critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance on all targets will benefit from your equipped melee mods.
- Critical chance and status chance will proc on each enemy separately, inflicting them with potentially different damage amounts and Status Effects.
- Whipclaw's radial explosion can bypass Arctic Eximus bubbles to form inside directly.
- Equipping with a Helios with Deconstructor and equip 3 Gladiator set mods to increase crit chance no longer works as of Sisters of Parvos update.
- Equip on Khora to increase damage.
Bind a helpless target in living metal, entangling others who stray too close. Whipclaw will refresh the trap allowing it to capture more enemies.
|Duration:10 / 12 / 13 / 15 s (duration)|
0.5 s (spread delay)
|Range:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 m (cast range)|
6 / 7 / 8 / 10 m (spread radius)
|Misc:2.0x (damage multiplier)|
75% (reduced duration)
|Subsumable to Helminth|
- Khora thrashes her whip at an enemy target within 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 meters, binding it in living metal for 10 / 12 / 13 / 15 seconds. While ensnared, the target is completely disabled, as the living metal propagates and pulls in all nearby enemies within a 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters radius after a 0.5 second delay.
- Cast range and spread radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Ensnare duration is affected by Ability Duration, while spread delay is inversely affected (e.g. more duration lowers delay).
- Casting speed is affected by and .
- Ensnare pulls enemies from behind obstacles and does not require line of sight.
- Propagation always occur after the delay, regardless of any enemies actually being in range.
- Enemies pulled by the initial target are disabled for 75% of total duration, while extending the propagation effect to pull in and disable all unaffected enemies around them; enemies pulled by branch targets are disabled for 75% of the previously reduced duration, but do not propagate.
- Reduced duration percentage is not affected by mods.
- Subsequently ensnared enemies cannot be affected by the same instance of Ensnare again once freed, including the propagation effect from both the initial and branch targets.
- Ability Synergy: Ensnared enemies receive 200% damage from and Venari. Additionally, ensnared enemies hit by Whipclaw will propagate again to pull in new enemies.
- Whipclaw propagation refresh is considered as a new instance of Ensnare, therefore it will affect enemies freed from a previous cast.
- Cannot be recast on affected targets.
- Casting Ensnare is a full-body animation that stops grounded movement and other actions.
- The ensnared target is visually trapped within a cluster of spinning, living metal coils, while both the original target and branch targets glow faintly in Khora's chosen energy color.
- When Ensnare propagates, living chains briefly lash out from the source enemy to pull in new targets before disappearing.
- The living metal coils on the target are affected by Khora's chosen Appearance colors.
- Subsuming Khora to the Helminth will offer Ensnare and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
Command Venari to focus on a target. Hold to cycle between Attack, Protect, and Heal postures. If Venari is killed, use this ability to revive her instantly.
|Strength:1.05x / 1.1x / 1.12x / 1.15x (speed multiplier)|
350 (snare damage)
50 HP/sec (health regen)
|Misc:120 s (mark duration)|
45 s (respawn time)
2.5 s (snare duration)
5 (hits per snare)
3 s (Attack & Protect cooldowns)
< 90% HP (missing health threshold)
10 m (Heal aura radius)
65 s (Venari self-heal mark duration)
- Khora commands her loyal Kavat companion Venari to prioritize a target on the aiming reticle for 25 energy, leaving Venari's mark above the target for 120 seconds. Once commanded, Venari chases the marked target if nearby or teleports to it if far away, while refreshing the special effect for her battle posture if it is on cooldown. When Venari reaches the target, she will perform different tasks depending on her battle posture.
- Command energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Mark duration is not affected by mods.
- The target is marked by a floating battle posture icon above their head.
- Venari's mark cannot be recast on the same target while still active.
- Venari's mark lasts until removed via duration end, Khora marking a different target, switching battle posture, or the target is killed.
- Marked targets are prioritized by Venari over enemies afflicted by with equipped.
- When a target is marked, Venari audibly snarls in response.
- While Venari is alive, Khora passively gains a 1.05x / 1.1x / 1.12x / 1.15x movement speed multiplier. This stacks multiplicatively with speed mods like . When Venari is killed, she will respawn beside Khora after 45 seconds or instantly by casting this ability using 50 energy.
- Speed multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.
- Revive energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency
- Revive energy cost is reduced proportionately based on the remaining time until Venari respawns (e.g. 1 second remaining on timer = 1 energy used to revive Venari.)
- Respawn time is not affected by mods.
- Respawn time is displayed on the ability icon when Venari is killed.
- When respawned, Venari visually leaps down from above landing next to Khora.
- All postures are available by default when Venari is unlocked at Warframe rank 5.
- Holding the ability key (default ) cycles to Venari's next battle posture for no energy cost:
- Khora commands Venari to adopt her Attack posture, causing her to ferociously assault nearby enemies and allowing her to use Snare. During Snare, Venari chains her chosen target in place for 2.5 seconds, as she damages the target with 5 hits over the course of the animation; each hit inflicts 350 damage with a guaranteed Status Effect proc. Snare has a cooldown of 3 seconds, which can be bypassed by Khora manually marking a target.
- Snare damage is affected by Ability Strength and increased by .
- Snare damage and damage type is affected by , , , and .
- Snare has no critical chance and is not affected by or .
- Number of hits, Snare duration, and cooldown are not affected by mods.
- Venari's Attack mark can only be cast on an enemy target.
- Venari's Attack mark will remain on the target until it expires, allowing Venari to focus on killing the target with multiple Snare attacks.
- Snare is not affected by 's multiple targeting and range extension.
- Casting Snare is a full-body animation that causes Venari to maneuver around the target, before reappearing near the target once finished.
- Venari is still vulnerable to damage while performing her special attack animation.
- During Snare, the target is visually held in place by living chains that attach to nearby surfaces.
- Cooldown is not affected by mods.
- Tail Whip will affect the target even if it moves away from Venari during her spin animation.
- Does not knockdown nor disarm enemies innately wielding melee weapons.
- Venari's Protect mark can only be cast on an enemy target.
- Venari's Protect mark is removed once Tail Whip is performed on the target.
- Health regen per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Missing health threshold and aura radius are not affected by mods.
- Eligible targets for healing includes all Warframes, Companions, Eidolon Lures, summoned allied units such as Specters, allied Invasion units, Hostages, Kavor Defectors, Sortie and Arbitrations Defense Operatives, and Defense Objects.
- Venari's Heal does NOT work on a Necramech or an Operator.
- Revitalize deactivates when all allied players are above the missing health threshold.
- Revitalize does not grant Shield points.
- Venari's Heal mark can only be cast on an ally target.
- Venari's Heal mark is removed once Khora marks another target, the target is killed, or Khora switches battle posture.
- Venari will closely follow its target and Revitalize will not deactivate until the mark is removed. While following a target, Venari also will not attack nearby enemies UNLESS she is equipped with supplemental attack mods like or . Venari has been seen getting stuck in terrain much more frequently when these mods are equipped and she is in the Heal stance; if you want to use Venari primarily for her healing it is best if you do not equip any supplemental attack mods on her. If she does get stuck and left behind in the map, a quick fix is to switch to Attack stance which can be enough to get her loose of the terrain. If not, cycle back into Heal stance and cast it on yourself and she will teleport in immediately.
- Battle posture cannot be switched while Venari is dead, instead the respawn function overrides any input on the ability key.
- Casting speed on all animations related to this ability, on both Khora and Venari, is not affected by mods such as and .
- Venari does not benefit from the set bonus of Hunter Mods.
- Set Mods equipped on Venari do not count towards the number of mods equipped for the set bonus.
- Casting Venari's mark and summoning Venari do not play any animations on Khora, while changing posture is an upper-body animation that allows movement and parkour Maneuvers.
- Khora's metallic adornments and Venari's tail change appearance depending on the selected posture: Attack (long spikes), Protect (small stubs and hammer tail), and Heal (curved blades).
- While Venari is dead, Khora's metallic adornments are hidden from view and will reappear once Venari respawns.
- The following visual effects are affected by Khora's chosen Warframe energy color:
- Venari's eye and regalia colors, mark icon color, as well as her death and respawn/teleport landing impact.
- Khora's battle posture switching.
- Attack posture Snare trails and Heal posture Revitalize glow.
- Main article: Venari Bodyguard
Venari Bodyguard is a Warframe Augment Mod for 's that makes Venari die in Khora's place at the cost of an increased spawn timer, but every enemy killed decreases the spawn timer.
|Rank||Respawn Delay||Kill Time Decrease||Cost|
- Khora's passive speed multiplier affects her regular movement speed, which also enhances sprint speed. Combine with high Ability Strength and sprint speed mods such as and to gain vastly increased mobility.
- Keep moving and do parkour maneuvers while switching battle postures to evade incoming enemy attacks.
- By default, Venari will attack enemies and perform her battle posture effects on her own. Place a mark on your target to direct Venari's attention where you desire.
- Equip on Venari and place an Attack mark on a distant enemy. Venari will teleport to the target and immediately use Snare to attack it, quickly healing Khora in the process.
- Use Protect mark to knockdown and disarm dangerous threats such as Napalm and Tech.
- Heal mark allows versatile options to grant health regen in an area:
- Use on an ally or Khora herself to have Venari follow suit.
- Use on Venari to order her to stay put.
- Use on Khora if Venari is far away to recall her back to your side.
- Use on an ally in the distance to teleport Venari to the fray.
- Venari's Heal posture is able to heal static objectives such as Cryopods, Excavators, and Kuva Harvesters. Place a Heal mark on the objective to have Venari stand guard over it providing healing to it and nearby teammates. It can also be used to heal moving objectives like defectors and hostages.
- Cast to group up enemies for Venari to attack them for double damage.
Weave a dome of living chain that ensnares and strangles any enemy within, and any foolish enough to approach. Foes outside the trap will try to hasten their comrade's deaths by shooting them. Crack Whipclaw on the dome to further damage any trapped enemies.
|Strength:100 / 150 / 200 / 250|
|Duration:5 / 10 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:5 m (dome radius)|
5 / 5 / 6 / 10 m (grab radius)
|Misc:26 (number of vertices)|
2.0x (damage multiplier, non-Whipclaw sources)
50% (Whipclaw damage distribution)
2 (limit of instances active)
- Khora cracks her whip downward to unravel a cluster of living chains, creating a stationary dome spanning a 5 meters radius around her that lasts for 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds. Strangledome possesses 26 vertices where its chains connect, with each vertex able to capture a single enemy. Enemies within a 5 / 5 / 6 / 10 meters radius from the center of the dome are ragdolled, pulled by chains into the nearest unoccupied vertex, and suspended helplessly for the ability's duration.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Dome radius and grab radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Number of vertices is not affected by mods.
- Casting speed is affected by and .
- Strangledome will pull enemies from behind obstacles and does not require line of sight.
- Players, allied AI, and crowd control-resistant enemies can move and attack through the dome unhindered.
- While captured, enemies are strangled by the chains taking 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 damage per second and receive 200% damage from weapons and abilities. In addition, captured enemies have a raised Threat Level, become susceptible to friendly fire, and taunt their former allies into attacking them.
- does not benefit from this damage bonus.
- Damage is evenly split between , and .
- Damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage per second benefits from the damage multiplier, which results in Strangledome dealing double damage per second innately.
- Damage multiplier is not affected by mods.
- Friendly fire enables captured enemies to receive damage and Status Effects from their former allies.
- When captured enemies are killed by the ability's innate damage their corpses are dismembered. This is a characteristic of slash majority damage.
- When captured enemies die, they are released by the chains, freeing the previously occupied vertices to capture new enemies.
- Overrides Limbo's Stasis.
- Ability Synergy: If at least one enemy captured by Strangledome is hit by , the targeted enemy will receive 100% of Whipclaw's total damage and all other enemies in the same dome will each receive 50% of that total damage. Additionally, Whipclaw's Critical Chance and Status Chance will reroll on each enemy separately.
- Strangledome adheres to the following casting requirements:
- If cast in midair, Khora will instantly drop to the ground to perform this ability.
- Can be recast while active to create a new instance.
- Khora can have up to 2 Strangledomes active at once. If attempting to create more than 2 Strangledomes, the oldest Strangledome created will be removed.
- Casting Strangledome is a full-body animation that stops movement and other actions.
- Strangledome is created 0.5 seconds after the casting animation ends, allowing Khora to move as the dome forms.
- Strangledome's default shape is a pentakis icosidodecahedron cut in half to form a dome.
- Each vertex of the dome will attempt to adhere to the nearest surface, reshaping the ability to conform with the environment.
- Strangledome's chains are affected by Khora's chosen Accents color.
- The electric currents jumping between vertices and glow on captured enemies are affected by Khora's chosen energy color.
- Strangledome is a separate deployable object from Khora. As such, Warframe ability nullification effects applied to Khora will not destroy Strangledome.
- Strangledome can only be nullified by Nullifier Crewman and Isolator Bursa null spheres.
- Each chain inside the dome behaves as an individual connection, which breaks upon contact with nullifier spheres.
- If enough chains connecting to a vertex are broken, that vertex is subtracted from the affected Strangledome's total vertices, therefore reducing the number of enemies the dome can hold captive.
- Once all chains break, Strangledome is completely nullified and its duration is forced to end.
- Enemies captured by Strangledome cannot prevent Tenno from capturing an Interception point, but can recapture it if an enemy is near the consoles even when strangled.
- Strangledome has bugged interactions with Casting Speed mods (e.g. ); it does increase animation speed, but after the animation finishes it starts over until the time where the normal animation would have finished, i.e: making Casting Speed mods useless.
- Main article: Pilfering Strangledome
Pilfering Strangledome is a Warframe Augment Mod for that allows enemies caught in to have a chance to drop additional loot when killed.
- Strangledome's short cast time gives Khora a powerful panic button when enemies are dangerously close.
- Strangledome can be cast while sliding to keep Khora on the move.
- Can also be cast while wall clinging to create a floating dome.
- Prepare domes preemptively where enemy presence is probable to capture more prey as they arrive.
- Since strangled enemies sway and flail about, it can be difficult to identify them at a glance and hit them accurately. Use the damage numbers dealt by the dome as a visual cue to help you gauge the amount of enemies caught by your dome.
- Strangled enemies receive double damage from abilities and weapons to help you and your team dispatch them quickly.
- Strangled enemies also behave as individual decoys that draw aggression from other enemies. Consider leaving some enemies dangling about as distractions to protect your team and any objectives nearby.
- Cast on at least one strangled enemy to deal half damage to all other strangled enemies in the same dome.
- Cast on a strangled enemy to pull in new enemies from farther away, assisting Strangledome to capture them once in range, while allowing both Whipclaw and Venari to deal double damage to strangled and ensnared enemies within the dome.
- When a dome's duration is about to end, cast again to create a second dome that captures enemies as they become freed from the previous dome to keep them disabled.
|Strength Mods||Duration Mods||Range Mods|
|• • • • • • • ( ) • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Attributes • Helminth • Augments • Compare All • Cosmetics|