- High damage – effective against shields.
- Slam Attacks have innate damage – effective against Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Can be wielded in-tandem with a single-handed secondary weapon.
- Holding the melee button throws the glaive, which can bounce up to three times, travel up to 23 meters uncharged, and 30 meters fully charged before returning to the user, damaging anyone in its path. Meleeing while the glaive is in mid-flight commands it to return.
- Primary and secondary weapons can be fired and reloaded normally with a thrown glaive, and retrieving the glaive does not interrupt these actions. Additional throws can also be "buffered" while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Thrown glaive has innate damage – effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- Thrown glaive has a guaranteed proc.
- Thrown glaive has good critical chance and status chance.
- Thrown glaive has above average critical multiplier.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Thrown glaive is silent.
- Heavy Attacks while the glaive is in mid-flight produce a 3.6 meter explosion and forces the glaive to return.
- Can use the Kestrel-exclusive mod.
- Can use the Glaive-exclusive mods , , ( ), ( ), and .
- Innate and polarities.
- Lowest base damage of all Glaives.
- Slam Attacks have innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Thrown glaive has innate damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Low melee critical chance and status chance.
- Cannot use melee attacks or block while the glaive is in mid-flight.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from central impact.
The Kestrel's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Can hit theoretically infinite targets on return.
- Like with other thrown weapons, using on the Kestrel will increase flight speed as well as distance traveled, because the flight time is constant. A fully leveled will increase the maximum distance to ~63m.
- When not in use, the Kestrel sheaths under your right arm.
- Ragdolled enemies' health and shield bars are also concealed while ragdolled. Although they usually display damage indicators while ragdolled, sometimes they will not display if you are not the host - giving the impression that the enemy is invulnerable (not the case).
- Sometimes it will continuously fly around its user in a circular path indefinitely after bouncing off at least 2 objects, such as two adjacent walls, if the user stands back and stays still afterwards. (Possibly intended but its exact mechanics are unknown, however, and were installed when this was discovered.)
- Simply installing a max rank Entropy Flight mod will also cause this. The Kestrel is considered flying on a return path the entire time, so it punches through everything it hits. If the player moves too quickly, they will catch the Kestrel; however, if it is carefully maintained, it can continually fly around the player and deal large amounts of damage to everyone in the vicinity.
- High flight speed, which causes this orbiting behavior, does carry some risk, as a current bug can cause the thrown weapon to disappear, disabling melee for the rest of the level or until the player has died & revived.
- When equipping the Kestrel, the player can throw it and then press the melee button to detonate the Kestrel, dealing high AoE damage and returns to the player immediately. This is true for all thrown melee weapons.
- This is very useful for regenerating health with .
- It can explode in this manner when not equipped and thrown, but the explosion timing cannot be controlled and will often damage the user in close quarters.
- It should be however noted that finisher attacks can still be executed while the weapon is in the air.
- The Ground Finisher's bleed proc damage is based on the Ground Finisher damage (which is 30 * 400% = 120 damage without mods). Therefore, the bleed damage can be increased with anything which affects the Ground Finisher, including the mod.
- With unique to it and , the Kestrel can attain a higher flight speed than any other thrown melee weapon with Whirlwind. This also indirectly increases its maximum range.
- The Kestrel is a carnivorous bird in the falcon family known for hovering.
- The Kestrel shares the same sheath style with the other thrown melee weapons, where they retract and attach under the right forearm.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- , a Kestrel exclusive Syndicate mod.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|