Kavat Genetic Codes can be earned when scanning Feral Kavats at a 25.0% chance. Alternatively, one can be bought for 5 each in the Market or with the Kavat Starter Kit for 95. Bought separately, you will require 50 to purchase the 10 required to start the incubation process.
Blueprints Requiring Kavat Genetic Code
|Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment||Orbiter Segment||10|
Last updated: Update 29.8 (2021-02-11)
- Resource Booster and Resource Drop Chance Booster do increase the number of codes obtained from a scan.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the enemies until better facts are proven.
|Deimos||Horend||Capture||12 - 14||Orokin Derelict|
|Deimos||Phlegyas||Exterminate||13 - 15||Orokin Derelict|
|Deimos||Formido||Sabotage||14 - 16||Orokin Derelict|
- Buying these off the Market is extremely expensive, but the easiest option if you aren't wanting to put the time and effort into learning how to farm codes quickly. Obtaining Prime parts or Riven Mods and trading them for Platinum can be faster than farming Genetic Codes directly if you are unfamiliar with code hunting.
- Consider farming in a group. The number of kavats that spawn in any given pack is group size +1, so if you go solo there will be 2 kavats in a group, two players will get 3, three players will get 4, and 4 players will get 5. Multiple packs do spawn per mission.
- Phlegyas (Exterminate) and Horend (Capture) nodes on Deimos have a number of Feral Kavats that spawn in the missions. These are the favored nodes for high-volume breeders because they can be run quickly.
- Steel Path missions have +100% Resource Drop Rate.
- During the second portion of the Sands of Inaros quest up to 50 Feral Kavats will spawn depending on the player group size.
- Terrorem (Survival) node on Deimos has a number of Feral Kavat that spawn alongside infested enemies for the first 10 minutes of the mission. This is a very slow method compared to exterminate and capture.
- There's also a good chance for a group of Kavats to spawn in the starting room, so one possible strategy is to abort and restart the mission if you don't see any Kavats there or don't get any Genetic Codes from them.
- Alternatively, wait at spawn for 5 mins until the mission starts automatically, 2 trios will spawn in this time (1 trio every 2m 30s). Kavats continue to spawn throughout the mission but it is advised to extract when available.
- It is recommended that you kill the Kavats after they have been scanned to avoid confusion. This is not necessary as Kavats still spawn either way.
- Feral Kavats do not appear on the mini-map while they are cloaked and become invisible. This renders or similar mods to be less effective at spotting them.
- However, looking through Scanners can highlight them, even through walls and while they are invisible.
- Consider using the Synthesis Scanner rather than the Codex Scanner, as you can upgrade the Synthesis Scanner with the Vector-Thread and Cross-Matrix widgets to respectively scan faster or get a chance of gaining an additional genetic code from a successful scan.
- Remove any weapons or attack Precepts from Sentinels, as they will attack Kavats indiscriminately, possibly killing them in the process. For this reason, avoid bringing along Kubrows or Kavats as they will not stand down and continue attacking Feral Kavats.
- Pet Kavats with Territorial Aggression pacify all wild animals in a given area, Feral Kavats included.
- Because boosters now affect Kavat Codes, Smeeta Kavats that prioritize Charm are a viable option in Code farming. However, they should be modded to deal as little damage as possible as to not kill Feral Kavats too quickly.
- Helios' and ' can be used to acquire Genetic Codes, but only if the Feral Kavat's Codex entry has not been fully researched.
- The and its variant can easily collect Kavat Genetic Codes with its Codex scanning mechanic, though bear in mind that it will not take into account the Cross-Matrix Widget if you have it installed.
- Using 's passive to create ghosts is extremely handy, as each ghost can be scanned like a normal kavat, and can take advantage of the Cross-Matrix widget, giving a second chance to get Kavat Genetic Codes from the same feral Kavat.
- Ghosts made from unalerted Kavats are sometimes completely invisible, but still scannable in this state if you can find them.
- It is recommended to use Warframe abilities that are capable of immobilizing or incapacitating both the Feral Kavats and enemies they may be fighting, in order to both protect the Kavats from damage and make it easier to scan them:
- 's can stop Kavats from moving altogether. With a high enough Ability Range, can cover the entire room making finding and scanning Kavat much easier. also marks affected enemies with the caster's energy color, making cloaked Kavats easier to spot.
- With a high enough Ability Range and reasonable Ability Duration, 's (along with the Augment) and 's are some of the best choices for locking down entire rooms to safely acquire Genetic Codes. Be wary of their high energy costs, however, and plan accordingly.
- 's Sleep Arrows, 's & 's Rest allow you to incapacitate both Feral Kavats and surrounding enemies. Both abilities also mark affected enemies with the caster's energy color (though this is more noticeable with Rest), making cloaked Kavats easier to spot.
- ' can be used to incapacitate groups of Feral Kavats and other enemies. However, it only blinds units that are facing you, and its damage over time may be enough to finish off weakened Kavats. Alternatively, can be used to safely lock-down an individual Kavat.
- With enough Ability Duration, ' can be used to lock down one Kavat without fear of it running off or taking too much damage. Be wary of taking damage while linked, however, as the damage is transferred to the Kavat and can kill it if its health is low enough.
- 's and can be used to immobilize Feral Kavats and also enemies, in the case of Spellbind, aiding in easy scans. Be wary of killing the Kavat however, upon deactivation of Lantern once its cast. Some users report this ability preventing the drops, with the targets no longer turning blue when scanned, so use with caution.
- 's is an easy way to immobilize Feral Kavats leaving them an easy target for scanning. building minimal power strength is best to prevent the spears from killing them right away.
- 's can be used to immobilize Feral Kavats and enemies.
- 's can also be used to immobilize Feral Kavats and enemies.
- 's is a good choice for immobilizing weakened Feral Kavats as it will also buff their health. It can, however, only hold one Feral Kavat per Trinity at a time.
- 's can crystallize all Kavats in its area making them easy to scan.
- 's can immobilize a single Kavat long enough for scanning.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Species||Incubated||Adarza • Smeeta • Vasca • Venari|
|Vulpaphyla||Sly • Crescent • Panzer|
|Enemy||Feral • Hyekka|
|Breeding||Kavat Genetic Code • Incubator Power Core|
|Genetics||DNA Stabilizer • Genetic Code Template|
|Others||• • •|
|• • • • • • • ( ) • • • • • • •|
|• • • • •|
|Resources / Components|