Kavats are terrain-restricted melee feline companions similar to Kubrows. Reviving Kavats in missions is similar to reviving allied Tenno. Kavats require constant care and maintenance but are more durable than sentinels. They also have different races, breeds, color palettes, and color patterns. There are currently 3 Kavats.
Kavats are a type of companion, similar in appearance to cats.
Due to their anti-Infested potential, the Grineer have domesticated Kavats for use in clearing out the Infestation from their ships. Kavat handlers, known as Hyekka Masters, are equipped with advanced sensors to detect Kavats, which can also detect invisible players, serving as an additional stealth hazard in Grineer missions.
- Main article: Khora/Abilities
Khora's ferocious Kavat, Venari, fights alongside her with steadfast zeal. Venari is an exclusive Companion for the Khora Warframe, integrated as her signature passive ability. Venari will spawn beside Khora when the player first enters a mission, as a permanent companion that lasts until killed.
While Venari is alive, Khora passively gains a movement speed boost. If Venari is killed, she will respawn beside Khora after 45 seconds, or instantly if summoned via the third ability for an energy cost. Both passive features are tied to Khora's Venari ability allowing her to be modified.
Additionally, Venari is an independent AI-controlled entity from Khora that possesses unique interactions:
- Venari automatically becomes available for customization in the Arsenal by default, when Khora is equipped as the player's current Warframe.
- Unlike regular kavats, Venari is completely disassociated from the Incubator, therefore she does not occupy an open Stasis slot or require DNA Stabilizer.
- Venari behaves similar to other Kavats. She will follow Khora and seek out nearby enemies to attack them with her bite and claws, occasionally performing wall attacks. Additionally, she can perform special effects based on her current battle posture.
- When killed, Venari will disappear and wait to respawn instead of entering Bleedout.
- Venari's UI is displayed above Khora's ability icons on the HUD. Her UI consists of her ability icon, her name, the battle posture cycle selection wheel, the currently selected posture, and her Shield and Health bars.
- Upon switching battle posture, the name of the selected posture will briefly appear beside Venari's icon on her UI.
- While Venari is dead, her shield and health bars are hidden from view, as her respawn timer is displayed on the Venari ability icon.
- Additionally to Khora, Venari herself also grants 6,000 mastery points, similar to other companions.
- Venari is however not listed on a player's profile.
- Venari is not affected by Oberon's passive.
In the Arsenal, the player can modify Venari via the Upgrade tab using Mods and Forma. Whether Khora was crafted or purchased, Venari always comes with a preinstalled Orokin Reactor for doubled mod capacity.
- Venari and Khora both accumulate Affinity and level up in ranks separately.
- Khora can equip a Companion and Venari simultaneously, due to Venari occupying her own loadout slot rather than the companion slot.
- Venari can equip the same mods as another companion simultaneously without conflicting, meaning a player does not require a second set of mods for each companion.
- Can equip Kavat and Companion eligible mods, but cannot use unique Precept mods from other kavat variants.
- Is able to equip Hunter Set Mods, but they do not activate the set bonus nor display the set bonus on the mod descriptions.
- Venari requires individual Forma for Polarization of her mod slots.
- Venari is uniquely affected by the following mods:
- Although Venari has no innate Shield points, she is able to gain a shield bar by equipping Link Shields.
- Animal Instinct radars stack with other radar mods, including the same mod card equipped on another companion owned by the player.
- Venari regains health passively when Rejuvenation and Medi-Pet Kit are equipped.
- Bleedout reduction from Loyal Companion and Medi-Pet Kit has no effect on Venari as she disappears and waits to respawn when killed.
- Venari gains health when Khora uses her melee weapon, if it is equipped with Life Strike and Healing Return. Health is gained when an enemy is hit and the mod requirements are met.
- Venari cannot benefit from Energy Conversion due to the Ability Strength bonus being consumed by the marking and reviving features of the Venari ability.
- Maul increases both Venari's normal attack damage and her Attack posture Snare damage.
Venari is customizable by accessing the Arsenal. When Khora is equipped, Venari's dedicated loadout section becomes available with Appearance tab for modification.
- Can be colored with Kavat Gene-Masking Kit palettes.
- Cannot equip alternative Kavat skins and armor sets.
- Venari's eye color and regalia color will match Khora's chosen energy color.
- Venari uses a custom model based on the Feral Kavat. Alongside other similar features, Venari is larger in size compared to other Kavats, has metallic lining spread throughout her body, and a single tail with an interchangeable tip, which transforms depending on her current battle posture.
The player can obtain a Kavat by breeding them with their Orbiter's Incubator, which must first be upgraded with a Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment or in the special case of Venari, acquiring Khora. This Upgrade Segment may be purchased from the market for 175 or crafted from its corresponding blueprint which must be researched and purchased in the Dojo or dropped by Hyekka Masters. The breeding process requires ten (10) Kavat Genetic Codes and an Incubator Power Core.
Note: The blueprint assembly for the incubator upgrade segment requires its own ten (10) Kavat Genetic Codes in addition to the ten (10) needed for breeding.
The same restrictions for breeding new pets apply to the Kavat as well: the player cannot have an existing active companion and there must be a free Stasis Pod available for use.
Once the player meets the necessary requirements to begin breeding, the incubator offers a choice between a Random incubation or the use of Genetic Code Templates.
As the name implies, a Random incubation offers no guarantees on the resulting Kavat's Variant, head, tail, sex, color, or fur pattern.
Genetic Code TemplateEdit
An incubation utilizing Genetic Code Templates offers a much higher probability of the traits imprinted on the Template to be present in the resulting Kavat, however, this is still not guaranteed, and certain Kavat traits are not even imprinted on the Template in the first place. See the Genetic Code Template article for more information about the transferral of traits from one Kavat to another when starting this type of incubation.
Regardless of the type of incubation, once the process is started, it will require 48 hours (24 hours with an Incubator Upgrade Segment) to complete. This stage may, however, be rushed for 15.
When the incubation process completes, either naturally or by rushing, the player will be able to name their new Kavat. The named but non-mature Kavat can be kept for as long as the player wants, and will walk around the Orbiter; however, to put it in stasis or take another pet out, it must be matured. In order to take it out on missions, you'll have to manually mature it in the incubator. This process is instantaneous. Once mature, the Kavat will begin to experience daily Genetic Stability degradation.
Just like Kubrows, Kavats also have Genetic Stability and Loyalty parameters. However, Kavats Loyalty parameters does not decrease; therefore, only the Genetic Stability parameters must be maintained in order to ensure that they perform their best during missions. This can be viewed in the Incubator.
Genetic Stability (Health)Edit
Genetic Stability refers to the Kavat's physical vitality, which affects its maximum health. A newly hatched Kavat starts out with 100% Genetic Stability, giving it a +100% bonus to its maximum health; for example a Kavat with 150 base health will have 300 health at 100% stability. At 0%, a Kavat will have its base health with no bonus. No negative effects are incurred at less than 0% stability.
Genetic Stability degrades by 5% every 24 hours (2.5% with the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment), reducing the amount of bonus health if left alone for too long.
This degradation can be countered by using DNA Stabilizers available from the Market costing 75,000 for a packet of 6 (or 5,000 per pack with a Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment), which restores lost Genetic Stability by 10% per use (20% with the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment).
Loyalty refers to the Kavat's affection towards the player and affects its combat performance. All Kavats start out with 100% Loyalty, which provides a +100% bonus to the Kavat's base attack damage.
Unlike with Kubrows, Kavat's Loyality does not decrease.
To begin, all Kavats will first need a Stasis Pod to grow and mature inside before being taken along with in missions.
If a player expects to be away for long periods from the game, or simply wants to breed another Kavat, they may place their currently active Kavat in Stasis as players may only have one active living companion at a time. This clears the Kavat from the Incubator, storing it in a Stasis Pod (which can be bought for 10 each) and prevents genetic degradation. While Kavat can be brought in and out of Stasis at will, it takes 30 minutes for a Kavat taken out of Stasis to become active that can be rushed with 10,000 with the Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment installed (3 hours and 10 to rush without).
In the event that a player wishes to permanently remove a Kavat from their possession, for example due to the lack of vacant Stasis Slots, the Kavat can be consigned to the Lotus for 25,000. However, a Kavat in Stasis cannot be consigned and therefore must first be revived from Stasis.
- Kavats are referred to as "Catbrow" in the game files, a portmanteau of "cat" and "Kubrow."
- The name of at least one breed of Kavat is derived from Sanskrit, which seems relevant to the breed's specialty;
- While Incubating, when the Kavat shows up in kitten form, you can pet your Kavat by pressing your interact button when standing in front of the Incubator.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.1
|Sentinels||Carrier (Prime) • Dethcube (Prime) • Diriga • Djinn • Helios (Prime) • Oxylus • Shade (Prisma) • Taxon • Wyrm (Prime)|
|MOAs||Lambeo • Oloro • Para|
|Kubrows||Chesa Kubrow • Helminth Charger • Huras Kubrow • Raksa Kubrow • Sahasa Kubrow • Sunika Kubrow|
|Kavats||Adarza Kavat • Smeeta Kavat • Venari|
|Species||Domestic||Adarza • Smeeta • Venari|
|Enemy||Feral • Hyekka|
|Breeding||Kavat Genetic Code • Incubator Power Core|
|Genetics||DNA Stabilizer • Genetic Code Template|
|Penjaga||Adarza||Cat's Eye • Reflect|
|Smeeta||Charm • Mischief|
|Others||Fetch • Scavenge • Sense Danger • Territorial Aggression|
|Madurai||Bite • Flame Gland • Frost Jaw • Hunter Command • Hunter Recovery • Hunter Synergy • Maul • Pack Leader ( Prime) • Pounce • Sharpened Claws • Shock Collar • Swipe • Tek Assault • Tek Enhance • Venom Teeth|
|Vazarin||Link Armor • Link Health • Link Shields • Loyal Companion • Medi-Pet Kit • Shelter|
|Naramon||Animal Instinct ( Prime)|