|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 95||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Highest base damage (tied with Rakta Dark Dagger) and critical chance among the single dagger category, barring some Zaw daggers.
- Highest Toxin damage of all non-Zaw melee weapons.
- Second highest status chance of all dagger-type weapons.
- 100% chance of dealing Toxin Status Effect on Ground Slam.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality mod.
- Second lowest attack speed of all dagger-type weapons, shared with Heat Dagger.
- Normal attack damage cannot be increased with physical damage mods.
- Toxin damage deals 50% less damage to Fossilized Infested.
- Ground slam attack does not knock down enemies.
- See Category:Karyst Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Karyst Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The stance slot has polarity, matching the Stinging Thorn and Pointed Wind stances.
- Quick melee limits the weapon to attacking a single target at a time.
- Has Momentum so while swinging you are immune to knockdowns, pulls, etc.
- When combining elemental mods, the Karyst's innate Toxin damage is added last.
- Jump attacks will always inflict the Toxin proc, regardless of the weapon's current elemental mods.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Karyst adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc, despite the fact that the Karyst has no physical damage element. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
- This is the first non-infested melee weapon that deals pure Toxin damage.
- The Karyst is the only single dagger that is available in the Market. All other daggers are available only through Nightwave, Invasions and Red Veil.
- The name and shape of this dagger are based on the Kris, an Indonesian dagger. This trait is shared with the Skyla of Nami Skyla.
- Traditionally, the belief is held that poison added to the Kris during the forging process grants it an envenoming effect when used in combat. Further, the "flambard" style blade would help hold poisons applied to the blade before combat, as well as inflict more substantial wounds against sliced opponents; a useful characteristic against unarmored opponents in hot weather climates. This is the likely inspiration for this weapon doing toxin damage.
- The swirl pattern on the blade closely resembles patterns seen on Damascus steel.
Last updated: Hotfix 22.19.1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.