Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Toxin damage.
- Second highest base damage of all single daggers, behind Karyst Prime.
- Second highest status chance of all single daggers, behind Karyst Prime and Rakta Dark Dagger.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matching Pointed Wind and Stinging Thorn stances.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality mod.
- Grants a 10% movement speed bonus when equipped.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotic, and Fossilized.
- Low Impact – less effective against shields.
- Low critical chance.
- Tied with Heat Dagger for the second slowest attack speed of all single daggers, after Karyst Prime and Sheev.
- Karyst, compared to Karyst Prime:
- Lower base damage (273.0 vs. 344.0)
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 24%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 2.2x)
- Lower status chance (26% vs. 30%)
- Higher attack speed (0.75 vs. 0.67)
- Lower Range (1.75 m vs. 2.2 m)
- Lower Block Angle (45° vs. 50°)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.05)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Karyst's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 95||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When combining elemental mods, the Karyst's innate Toxin damage is added last.
- Jump attacks will always inflict the Toxin proc, regardless of the weapon's current elemental mods.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Karyst adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc, despite the fact that the Karyst has no physical damage element. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Karyst is the only single dagger that is available in the Market. All other daggers are available only through Nightwave, Invasions and Red Veil.
- The name and shape of this dagger are based on the Kris, an Indonesian dagger. This trait is shared with the Skyla of Nami Skyla.
- Traditionally, the belief is held that poison added to the Kris during the forging process grants it an envenoming effect when used in combat. Further, the "flambard" style blade would help hold poisons applied to the blade before combat, as well as inflict more substantial wounds against sliced opponents; a useful characteristic against unarmored opponents in hot weather climates. This is the likely inspiration for this weapon doing toxin damage.
- The swirl pattern on the blade closely resembles patterns seen on Damascus steel.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.