The Karak is a Grineer assault rifle standard issue for Frontier Elite Lancers. It features solid accuracy and high fire rate, offset by its low magazine size and limited critical potential. Overall, the Karak is a stable rifle suited to most engagements.
- This weapon deals primarily damage.
- damage is effective against shields.
- Average accuracy.
- Low recoil.
- Fast fire rate.
- Karak (Normal), compared to Karak Wraith (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (29 vs. 31)
- Lower total damage (29 vs. 31)
- Lower base critical chance (9% vs. 13%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower base status chance (15% vs. 25%)
- Lower average damage per shot (30.31 vs. 35.03)
- Lower burst DPS (353.66 vs. 408.8)
- Lower sustained DPS (198.91 vs. 294.31)
- Smaller magazine (30 round(s) vs. 60 round(s))
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.28)
- Karak (Normal), compared to Kuva Karak (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (29 vs. 28.75)
- Higher total damage (29 vs. 28.75)
- Lower base critical chance (9% vs. 23%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.1x)
- Lower base status chance (15% vs. 31%)
- Lower average damage per shot (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (30.31 vs. 46.11)
- Lower burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (353.66 vs. 538.11)
- Lower sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (198.91 vs. 419.28)
- Smaller magazine (30 round(s) vs. 70 round(s))
- Slower reload time (2 s vs. 1.7 s)
- Less accurate (28.6 vs. 80)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1)
The Karak's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:30,000|
- With a polarity, the Karak is recommended to either have , , or as its first mod.
- The Karak is a solid anti-Corpus weapon due to its slight bias towards Impact damage over Puncture and Slash damage. Consider adding to further increase its effectiveness against them.
- The Karak is a very versatile weapon, good at combating all enemies, but aside from its high Impact damage and rate of fire, it doesn't excel in any particular situation.
- The end of the bound strap on the midsection of the gun has movement/cloth physics similar to Syandanas; it flaps loosely whilst moving and firing the weapon.
- Aesthetically, the rifle appears to be heavily based on the M16 assault rifle, with its filename data referring to it as the "GrineerM16Rifle", reinforcing the connection.
- This is the first official automatic Grineer Assault Rifle introduced in the game (following the burst-fire rifle), as the is considered to be a submachine gun and the is more of a Light Machine Gun.
- The weapon was introduced in Update 11.5 (2013-12-19).
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.4 (2018-12-10)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|