The Karak is a assault rifle standard issue for Frontier Elite Lancers. It features solid accuracy and high fire rate, offset by its low magazine size and limited critical potential. Overall, the Karak is a stable rifle suited to most engagements.
- Low recoil.
- Normal Attack
- High effective fire rate
- Above average max ammo
- High disposition
- Normal Attack
- Very low crit chance
- Low damage
- Low status chance
- Very low crit multiplier
- Karak (Normal Attack), compared to Karak Wraith (Normal Attack):
- Lower base damage per projectile (29 vs. 31)
- Lower total damage (29 vs. 31)
- Lower base critical chance (9.00% vs. 13.00%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Lower base status chance (15.00% vs. 25.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (30.30 vs. 35.03)
- Lower burst DPS (353.65 vs. 408.80)
- Lower sustained DPS (198.90 vs. 294.31)
- Smaller magazine (30 vs. 60)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (●●●●● (1.35x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.28x))
- Karak (Normal Attack), compared to Kuva Karak (Normal Attack):
- Higher base damage per projectile (29 vs. 23) (individual damage types below exclude any Progenitor bonus)
- Lower total damage (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (29 vs. 36.8)
- Lower base critical chance (9.00% vs. 23.00%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.1x)
- Lower base status chance (15.00% vs. 31.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (30.30 vs. 46.11)
- Lower burst DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (353.65 vs. 538.10)
- Lower sustained DPS (using max +60% Progenitor bonus if applicable) (198.90 vs. 419.27)
- Smaller magazine (30 vs. 70)
- Slower reload time (2 vs. 1.7)
- Less accurate (28.6 vs. 80)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (●●●●● (1.35x) vs. ●●●○○ (1.05x))
The Karak's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 1 Day(s)|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:30,000|
- With a polarity, the Karak is recommended to either have , , or as its first mod.
- The Karak is a solid anti-Corpus weapon due to its slight bias towards Impact damage over Puncture and Slash damage. Consider adding to further increase its effectiveness against them.
- The Karak is a very versatile weapon, good at combating all enemies, but aside from its high Impact damage and rate of fire, it doesn't excel in any particular situation.
- The end of the bound strap on the midsection of the gun has movement/cloth physics similar to Syandanas; it flaps loosely whilst moving and firing the weapon.
- Aesthetically, the rifle appears to be heavily based on the M16 assault rifle, with its filename data referring to it as the "GrineerM16Rifle", reinforcing the connection.
- This is the first official automatic Grineer Assault Rifle introduced in the game (following the burst-fire rifle), as the is considered to be a submachine gun and the is more of a Light Machine Gun.
- The weapon was introduced in Update 11.5 (2013-12-19).
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.4 (2018-12-10)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|