The Karak is an accurate Grineer assault rifle that is used by Frontier Elite Lancers. It features high damage, high accuracy, and a good fire rate, offset by its fairly low magazine size and limited critical chance and damage potential. Overall, it serves as a very effective rifle capable for any range of combat.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against shields.
- High accuracy, on par with .
- Low recoil for an automatic weapon.
- Has a polarity slot.
- Low damage – ineffective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh
- Very low critical chance.
- Very low status chance.
- Fairly small magazine size.
- Poor ammo economy.
- Karak, compared to Karak Wraith:
- Lower base damage (29 vs. 31)
- Lower critical chance (9% vs. 13%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (15% vs. 25%)
- Smaller magazine (30 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1.28)
- Karak, compared to Kuva Karak:
- Higher base damage (29 vs. 23)
- Lower critical chance (9% vs. 23%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.1x)
- Lower status chance (15% vs. 31%)
- Smaller magazine (30 rounds vs. 70 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.7 s)
- Less accurate (29 vs. 80)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (1.35 vs. 1)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Karak's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:30,000|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With a polarity, the Karak is recommended to either have , , or as its first mod.
- The Karak is a solid anti-Corpus weapon due to its slight bias towards Impact damage over Puncture and Slash damage. Consider adding to further increase its effectiveness against them.
- The Karak is a very versatile weapon, good at combating all enemies, but aside from its high Impact damage and rate of fire, it doesn't excel in any particular situation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The end of the bound strap on the midsection of the gun has movement/cloth physics similar to Syandanas; it flaps loosely whilst moving and firing the weapon.
- Aesthetically, the rifle appears to be heavily based on the M16 assault rifle, with its filename data referring to it as the "GrineerM16Rifle", reinforcing the connection.
- This is the first official automatic Grineer Assault Rifle introduced in the game (following the burst-fire rifle), as the is considered to be a submachine gun and the is more of a Light Machine Gun.
- The weapon was introduced in Update 11.5 (2013-12-19).
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.4 (2018-12-10)
See also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|