“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
K-Drives are Corpus-made hoverboards made from spare parts that Tenno can ride on to travel through large, expansive areas quickly whether on land or above water. The K-Drives are provided by the Ventkids located in Fortuna, and can be used on both the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon.
Players will initially receive a K-Drive Launcher upon completing the Vox Solaris quest in Fortuna, which will allow players to call in a basic default Bondi K-Drive when out in an open world environment. This basic K-Drive cannot be modded in the Arsenal nor will it gain any Affinity. In order to gain their own actual K-Drives players must advance in rank with the Ventkids by earning Standing with them in order to unlock and buy the necessary parts. Alternatively, players can buy a randomly assembled K-Drive through the Ventkids' Daily Specials, which can be purchased for Platinum.
Affinity and StandingEdit
Players can earn Ventkids Standing by performing special moves and maneuvers called Tricks with their K-Drive. These Tricks also earn Affinity for assembled K-Drives, allowing them to rank up. Your standing gain corresponds to 1/4 of a successful trick score (for example a maximum score of 3,000 will gain you +750 Standing). Ventkids Standing and K-Drive affinity can be earned both on the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon. While riding a K-Drive, various purple crystals will appear in various locations throughout the world map, which can be picked up to temporarily increase the standing gain multiplier for tricks.
Controls and TricksEdit
Useto move K-Drive forward, left, backwards, and right. Players can dismount from a K-Drive using the Interact (default ) key.
Hold(Sprint) to activate the K-Drive's boost. Boost has no limit; it can be activated indefinitely.
To ollie, press(Jump). Further, press and hold charge your jump and get extra height as well as timing your perfect jump. While activating Boost will not generate extra jump height, be on the lookout for certain environmental objects, such as ramps, that can send you further and higher.
Many objects in the environment can be grinded, such as guard rails, pipes, tree roots and vines. When approaching one, ollie the K-Drive up, and hold(Crouch) to perform this trick. To dismount the grind, just release or use to jump off.
Spin and Flip CombinationsEdit
While in the air, pressagain to perform a Copter trick (frontside 360). The following keys will also perform spins:
- + or + Copter (Frontside)
- + or + Copter (Backside)
The following key combinations will perform flips:
- + - Nose Planker
- + - Tail Planker
- + - Frontside Rollout
- + - Backside Rollout
While in the air, the following key combinations will perform style grabs on the K-Drive:
- + - Nose Clutch
- + - Tail Clutch
- + - Frontside Clutch
- + - Backside Clutch
While performing a grind, perform any grab combination (+ Direction) to add more style to your grind.
Combine grabs and spins and twists for even more stylish airtime antics:
- + , - Nose Spinja
- + , - Tail Spinja
- + , - Frontside Spinja
- + , - Backside Spinja
- + , - Nose Clutch Planker
- + , - Tail Clutch Planker
- + , - Frontside Skyrocker
- + , - Backside Skyrocker
The score received for a trick chain is determined by the duration counter and the trick multiplier. The duration counter increases at different speeds for grinding, airtime, and grabbing. Grinding is the slowest at about 5/second, airtime gives about 6.5/second, and grabbing in the air gives about 8.5/second. The trick multiplier is increased by performing tricks and grinding, and it is represented by the "x [n]" next to the duration counter. The multiplier starts at x1 and increased by x2 for every successful trick, however, in order to earn points, the player must perform a trick (immediately increasing the multiplier to x3) or grab the board for a certain amount of time (giving the base multiplier of x1). Doing the same trick multiple times in a row will not increase the multiplier, but a trick can be repeated in a trick chain. The score received from a trick chain is then calculated by multiplying the duration counter and the trick multiplier.
- Grinding is counted as a trick Ex: [Grind] + [Copter] + [Grind] gives a x7 multiplier
- No charge jump + grab = No points
- No charge jump + any trick = 21 points
- No charge jump + 2 tricks = 35 points
- Fully charged jump + grab = 22 points
- Fully charged jump + any trick = 51 points
- Fully charged jump + 3 tricks = 119 points
Times used in testing:
- No charge jump: About 1.2 seconds
- Full charge jump: About 2.5 seconds
- All tests were done with the Bondi K-Drive (unmodded)
- The player must be moving to receive any points.
- The maximum amount of points a player can receive in a single trick chain is 3000
K-Drives are assembled as a modular system, comprised of 4 different parts: the Board, Reactor, Nose, and the Jet, which are then constructed into a completed K-Drive. Unlike similar modular systems such as Zaws and Kitguns, K-Drive components are purely cosmetic, thus players can mix and match parts to achieve the appearance they desire.
The Board is the largest component of the K-Drive, comprising the main body upon which the Tenno ride on.
The Reactor component is a large part on the K-Drives rear, which houses their main power plant.
The front of the K-Drive contains the Nose component.
The K-Drives are propelled by a pair of Jets, which are found to the sides of the Reactor component.
Assembled K-Drives can be modded to improve their performance in various ways, which can help in earning more Standing as well as giving various offensive abilities to allow the K-Drive to be used against enemies. K-Drives can also be upgraded with Orokin Reactors and Forma to further improve their customization, and unlike other Modular items do not require Gilding to receive upgrades.
- It seems that landing right on top of an enemy after a high enough jump will kill him. There is no info on whether this is a bug or a feature.
- K-Drive is the first and only modular equipment with no gilding feature.
- Tenno can use K-Drive to ride on top of the blizzard created by Exploiter Orb for an extended period of time.
- After performing a trick chain, be careful not to take any damage, hard landings, or run into any obstacles, as they have a chance of ruining your chain, even after it's completed.
- An optimal trick chain should end at 100 x 31, as 3000 is the maximum amount of points for a single chain.
- The Pearl has a ring which is great for beginner to moderate players to farm standing (however the location is hostile until taken over).
- Grind on the ring around the pearl and jump over the platforms blocking its path.
- Perform a single copter while jumping over these platforms to generate a high multiplier.
- End the chain at around 100 x 31
- For more advanced players, the main, long, straight pipe right behind the entrance of Fortuna can be used the same way, without having to clear out an area.
- Jump up and begin grinding on the pipe
- As soon as you hit the pipe, jump up, perform a trick, and hold to continue grinding
- Once you near the end of the pipe, charge jump while strafing around, and continue grinding up the pipe in the opposite. (grabbing the board and performing a trick during the turn-around speeds up the duration counter and increases the multiplier)
- According to Devstream 119, players are supposed to be able to name K-Drive when assembles it, since there is no gilding, but unable to do so due to a bug caused by removal of K-Drive gilding at the later stage of development. However, this is not the case for K-Drive bought from Today's Special.
- K-Drives purchased from Today's Special do not give Mastery Points.
|Board||Bad Baby • Flatbelly • Needlenose|
|Reactor||Arc Twelve • Coldfusor • Hothead|
|Nose||Beaky • Dink-A-Donk • Wingnut|
|Jet||Fatboys • Step Tens • Twin Kavats|
|Air Time • Extreme Velocity •Inertia Dampeners • Kinetic Friction • Mag Locks • Nitro Boost • Rail Guards • Slay Board • Sonic Boost • Thrash Landing • Trail Blazer • Venerdo Hoverdrive|