Jupiter is a planet where the Corpus are the controlling faction. Home to the Corpus Gas City tileset stationed above the planet, it features large open spaces for vast movement and advanced maneuvers. The enemies within the city consists of Vapos Corpus, and is the birthplace of the Amalgams; Corpus units that have been hybridized with Sentient technology from the Old War.
Jupiter has two Assassination Targets: Alad V, who is located in the mission node Themisto, and the Ropalolyst, who is located in the mission node The Ropalolyst and is unlocked after completion of Chimera Prologue quest. The parts of the Warframe can be obtained from Alad V, while the Ropalolyst drops parts for the Warframe. Both also have a higher than average chance to drop Neural Sensors.
Spy Missions: Special enemy variants have a chance of spawning during Spy missions.
Survival Missions: The following lists below do not apply to Survival missions.
|Metis||Rescue||15 - 17||Corpus Gas City|
|Elara||Survival||15 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Galilea||Sabotage||15 - 20||Corpus Ship (Archwing)|
|Io||Defense||15 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Callisto||Interception||15 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Ananke||Capture||16 - 18||Corpus Gas City|
|Carme||Mobile Defense||16 - 18||Corpus Gas City|
|Amalthea||Spy||17 - 19||Corpus Gas City|
|Carpo||Exterminate||17 - 19||Corpus Gas City|
|Themisto||Assassination||18 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Thebe||Sabotage||18 - 20||Corpus Gas City|
|Adrastea||Sabotage||18 - 20||Corpus Ship|
|Sinai||Defense (Dark Sector)||20 - 30||Corpus Gas City|
|Cameria||Survival (Dark Sector)||20 - 30||Corpus Gas City|
|Ganymede||Disruption||30 - 35||Corpus Gas City|
|The Ropalolyst||Assassination||40 - 40||Corpus Gas City|
- Themisto (Assassination), Elara (Survival) and Sinai (Dark Sector Defense) are great for farming Neural Sensors.
- is a good mod to have equipped while on the Corpus Gas City Tileset due to the high abundance of Storage Lockers found there.
- Additionally a Kubrow equipped with works as an alternative.
- With the rework of planets and missions in Update: Specters of the Rail (2016-07-08), Carme is a suitable replacement to the classic Kappa affinity farm. Elite Crewmen, Fusion MOA, Corpus Techs, and other enemies that typically give ~235 affinity per kill spawn frequently. The enemies have since been augmented into Vapos units as of Update 25, providing a boost in overall affinity yield.
- Jupiter is named after the Roman god of Lightning and King of the gods.
- The names of the mission nodes mostly reference Greek/Roman mythology involving Zeus and/or Jupiter's moons.
- Adreastea was a nymph who was charged by Rhea with nurturing the infant Zeus in secret.
- Amalthea is the most-frequently mentioned foster-mother of Zeus.
- Ananke is a personification of inevitability, compulsion and necessity in Greek mythology.
- Callisto was one of the followers of Diana who attracted Jupiter.
- Callisto is Jupiter's second largest moon.
- Cameria could be named after Chameria, a coastal region in southern Albania and northwestern Greece.
- Carme was a female Cretan spirit who assisted the grain harvest of Demeter's Cretan predecessor.
- Carpo is a natural satellite of Jupiter.
- Elara was a mortal princess, the daughter of King Orchomenus and mother of the giant Tityos by Zeus.
- Elara is a prograde irregular satellite of Jupiter.
- Galilea could be named after Galilee, a region in northern Israel.
- Ganymede was a divine hero described as the most beautiful of mortals.
- Ganymede is Jupiter's largest moon and the largest moon in the solar system.
- Metis was a mythological character belonging to the second generation of Titans.
- Io was one of Zeus' mortal lovers.
- Io is one of Jupiter's moons.
- Sinai could be named after the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt.
- Themisto was the third and last wife of Athamas.
- Themisto is a small prograde irregular satellite of Jupiter.
- Thebe is a name shared by multiple female characters in Greek mythology.
- Thebe is one of Jupiter's moons.
- Prior to Update 11.0 (2013-11-20) the boss of Jupiter was J3-Golem, the tileset was the Corpus Ship and the Infested was the dominant faction, with the description being "Intel's limited on this area. The system may have been overrun by the Technocyte Plague."
- The Hunt For Alad V event was introduced here, re-introducing the Invasion game mode as players fought with the Corpus to rid Jupiter of the remaining Infested to reveal the Gas Planet tileset.
- Prior to Update 15.13 (2015-02-05), Metis was a capture mission. It has since then been replaced by a rescue mission.
- Prior to the player completing The War Within quest, Jupiter is the only planet where Neural Sensors are available as a resource.
- Upon completion of the Chimera Prologue, Ordis will provide the directive transmissions, in place of Lotus, whenever the players attempt any of the missions on Jupiter.
- Prior to Update 25.0 (2019-05-22), Fieldron Samples dropped from enemies. It has since replaced by Hexenon.
- If the Grineer manage to control the Sabotage on Thebe, the mission still resumes as normal but with a unique Shield Lancer with an unknown weapon taking the role of the Corpus engineer, attempting to shut down the machine as per usual. This lancer does not have a codex entry but can be scanned regardless as a new enemy.
Last updated: Update 16.0 (2015-03-19)
|Mercury • Venus (Proxima) • Earth (Proxima) • Lua • Mars • Deimos • Phobos • Ceres • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn (Proxima) • Uranus • Neptune (Proxima) • Pluto (Proxima) • Sedna • Kuva Fortress • Eris • Void (Veil Proxima)|