Junctions consist of a small, circular room, with a specter kneeling in the center. Each Junction is accompanied by a series of specific tasks. Completing these tasks is required to challenge a Junction's specter for control of the connected Solar Rail, which unlocks the next celestial body.
In addition to star chart progression, completing a Junction grants 1,000 Mastery and several miscellaneous rewards (typically weapon blueprints and/or quests). Junction rewards can only be claimed once.
|Venus||Level 5 Volt Specter equipped with a Magnus and Heat Sword|
|Earth||Level 5 Rhino Specter equipped with a Soma and Dual Raza|
|Earth||Level 10 Frost Specter equipped with a Tigris and Sibear|
|Mars||Level 20 Mag Specter equipped with the Hikou and Tipedo|
|Mars||Level 20 Trinity Specter equipped with a Paris and Cadus|
|Ceres||Level 25 Valkyr Specter equipped with the Afuris and Anku|
|Jupiter||Level 25 Nova Specter equipped with the Kunai and Ether Daggers|
|Jupiter||Level 25 Ember Specter equipped with a Magnus and Heat Sword|
|Saturn||Level 30 Equinox Specter equipped with a Boltor and Shaku|
|Uranus||Level 30 Loki Specter equipped with a Burston and Boltace|
|Neptune||Level 30 Excalibur Specter equipped with a Braton Vandal and Dual Skana|
|Pluto||Level 35 Saryn Specter equipped with a Vectis and Karyst|
- Junctions can be used as shortcuts between celestial bodies when navigating the star chart.
- Players may enter the junction even if they have not fulfilled the tasks. They will, however, be barred from fighting the specter of the Junction, thus unable to progress through the rail.
- The list of tasks and rewards will be shown in the rail, in front of the area the player is barred from entering into. This is the same list as the one shown on the star chart.
- Exiting a Junction will not be considered a mission failure.
- Specters can be scanned even if the player is prevented from attacking them.
- Certain paths between celestial destinations do not have Junctions, and can be traversed as soon as the nodes at either end are unlocked. They are:
- Specters reward approximately 2,000 affinity when killed.
- The Neptune Junction's requirements will count the use of any exalted melee weapon as a normal melee weapon.
- Also, it will not count Archwing primary weapons against the requirement. You can safely take an Archwing primary into a submersible mission while still counting as "melee only".
- To complete the "Open 3 caches during any Sabotage mission on Uranus" requirement of the Neptune Junction you don't have to find and open all the three caches of a single mission but you have to open 3 caches "in total". So, even opening only one cache each in three Uranus Sabotage missions should work
- One of the four tasks needed to unlock the neptune junction cannot be completed with Hildryn, "Complete any 5 missions on Uranus with ONLY your melee weapon equipped" because her Balefire Charger weapon cannot be unequipped. (However, you can do it with Mesa, even if you have the regulators.)
- Using crowd control abilities that stun or freeze enemies (e.g. Volt's Discharge and Harrow's Condemn) will leave Specters completely vulnerable to the player's attacks, making Junctions relatively trivial.
- As the level of the Specters increases so do their firepower, potentially threatening and, in some extreme cases, killing the player in a matter of seconds. It is recommended to bring a frame with either the ability to protect themselves from damage (e.g. Volt's Electric Shield or Valkyr's Hysteria), the ability to heal themselves (e.g. Trinity's Blessing), or that can decently tank damage (e.g. Rhino or Inaros). If you have an Inaros, it is very easy to finish this while closing in on the Specter and use his Devour ability, thus taking little to no damage.
- Alternatively, players can bring frames that are able to turn themselves invisible, such as Loki or Ivara.
- Mag's Magnetize can also trivialize the Specters; the ability roots them in place, preventing them from using melee attacks unless the player allows, and it also redirects all gunfire towards them, including their own. In effect, this causes Mag to be entirely safe for the duration, allowing her to free-fire on the Specter while they deal self-damage.
- Using Frost's Snow Globe ability knocks Specters back and deals large amounts of damage. Many (but not all) of the specters will also remain outside the globe, preventing them from dealing any damage to Frost until the globe has been broken (which is typically more than enough time to kill the specter from within the globe).
- Additionally, his Freeze ability can be used repeatedly to prevent the Specter from moving or attacking allowing you to constantly melee them.
- Ash's Blade Storm ability alone can usually kill specters in one hit. Specters are also vulnerable to Ash's Fatal Teleport augment, causing significant damage (often killing the specter outright) and preventing Ash from receiving damage for the duration of the finisher animation. Since Teleport can be cast back-to-back for chained finishers, this can be used to quickly kill any of the specters with virtually no risk.
- Specters are vulnerable to Hydroid's Undertow.
- Specters can be Enthralled by Revenant.
- Each specter is based on the Warframe whose components drop from the next location's boss, with the exception of Volt on Mercury, Frost on Mars, Trinity on Ceres, and Excalibur on Pluto.
- Players retained any star chart progress made prior to Update: Specters of the Rail. However, Junctions themselves still needed to be completed to gain their rewards. Furthermore, Junction tasks only counted progress made after the update, with the exception of completed quests.
- Junctions were inspired by Hyper Light Drifter.
- The Junction tile set was used as a Railjack prototype.
- The large window in the Junctions is not solid, allowing players to knock the Specter out into space with the appropriate abilities and weapons.
- The Sedna Junction may not allow the player to enter even when all four requirements have been met or the junction has already been completed.
- If a Junction is already completed and the player returns to scan the Specter for a codex entry, the Specter must be scanned and killed, then the player must return a second time and repeat this process for the codex entry to show up.
- This bug can be bypassed by exiting the junction from the menu.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Deception, Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy|
|Standard Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • Interception • Survival|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush|
|Unique||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assault • Infested Salvage • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Free Roam||Bounty • Heist|
|Arena||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure|