The Jordas Golem is a massive combat platform created out of an amalgamation of Infested flesh merged with Corpus ship technology and a corrupted Cephalon. It is one of the two bosses of Eris, the other being Mutalist Alad V.
It is found in its own Assassination node on Eris after a player has completed the Jordas Precept Quest. After defeating the Golem and finishing the mission, the player receives an Atlas component blueprint.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Beam Cannon: Projected from the foremost tentacle (featured prominently in the pre-battle cutscene), this beam attack has a limited cone of fire, a modest cooldown, and low to average damage. The Golem primarily uses this attack when its targets are at long range. It is reminiscent of the beams fired by the Fomorians but less damaging. The beam can pass through solid objects and still deal damage afterwards.
- Ball Lightning: Manifested from the two larger tendrils projecting from the upper edge of the front face, these large blue-purple seeking projectiles cannot be destroyed except by the Odonata's Disarray, and seek after (and constantly zap) nearby Tenno with Electricity damage and proc. These projectiles can pass through solid objects.
- Fire Wave: Emitted most often when the Golem's enemies are in close proximity but otherwise out of its view, this large expanding sphere of fire stuns and ignites any non-Infested caught in its wake, dealing significant damage over time. The sphere's maximum radius is quite large, so evasive maneuvers are essential to avoid damage; a well-timed roll will nullify most of the damage and prevent its knockback effect.
- Maggot Missile: The Golem's least-used attack, this barrage of shrieking missiles is made up of infested tissue and can cause serious harm, and ignores cover. They emit bright 'engine' trails and cacophonous shrieking noise that can only be heard when they are very close, and can be shot down.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Golem will regularly move around the field, emitting clouds of yellowish-green gas in its wake, before pausing to attack. Only the engines on its backside are vulnerable, where the Infested growth is absent.
Aside from chewing through its (prodigious quantity of) health, there is little in the way of strategy to the overall battle; simply follow the Golem, get into an angle where the engines are vulnerable, and shoot until it dies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This boss replaced the outdated J3-Golem, serving as a reworked and improved boss that shared the same name.
- Surprisingly, the Jordas Golem is an Archwing enemy, but it does not drop Archwing mods.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Grineer||Planet||Captain Vor (Mercury/Ceres) • Councilor Vay Hek (Earth) • General Sargas Ruk (Saturn) • Kela De Thaym (Sedna) • Lieutenant Lech Kril (Mars/Ceres) • Tyl Regor (Uranus)|
|Mission||Kuva Liches • The Grustrag Three (Assassin) • Ven'kra Tel and Sprag (Orokin Sabotage)|
|Quest||Elder Queen (The War Within)|
|Event||Balor Fomorian (Fomorian Fleet)|
|Corpus||Planet||Alad V and Zanuka (Jupiter) • Ambulas (Pluto) • Jackal (Venus) • Hyena Pack (Neptune) • Raptors (Europa) • The Sergeant (Phobos)|
|Mission||Exploiter Orb (Orb Vallis) • Lynx (Orokin Sabotage) • Profit-Taker Orb (Orb Vallis) • Zanuka Hunter (Assassin)|
|Quest||Protea Specter (The Deadlock Protocol)|
|Event||Razorback (Razorback Armada)|
|Infested||Planet||Jordas Golem (Eris) • Juggernaut Behemoth (Eris) • Mutalist Alad V (Eris) • Lephantis (Deimos) • Zealoid Prelate (Deimos)|
|Mission||Juggernaut (Infested Ship)|
|Quest||Infested Mesa (Patient Zero)|
|Event||Phorid (Phorid Manifestation) • Hemocyte (Plains of Eidolon - Operation: Plague Star)|
|Orokin||Mission||Corrupted Vor (Tier 4 Void) • Nihil (Nightwave/Series 3)|
|Quest||Necramech (Heart of Deimos)|
|Mission||Eidolon Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst (Plains of Eidolon)|
|Quest||Suda-Hunhow (Octavia's Anthem)|
|Event||Condrix (Earth - Operation: Scarlet Spear)|
|Stalker||Mission||Acolytes (The Steel Path) • Stalker or Shadow Stalker (Assassin)|
|Unaffiliated||Mission||Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassin)|