The Javlok is a Grineer speargun that fires superheated projectiles dealing Heat damage. Its Alternate Fire allows the weapon itself to be thrown at enemies, dealing an area-of-effect damage which is boosted by the remaining ammunition in the magazine.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Primary Fire shoots superheated slugs that explodes on impact, damaging all enemies in a 2 meter radius.
- Alternate Fire throws the Javlok, which staggers enemies and creates a 6.9 meter explosion.
- High critical chance and status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Very short charge time.
- Automatic charge-up.
- Innate two polarities.
- Can use the launcher-exclusive Firestorm mod and the Javlok exclusive Amalgam Javlok Magazine Warp mod.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Low Slash damage on Alternate Fire – less effective against health.
- Primary fire fires as soon as it has reached a full charge which can lead to premature firing.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Javlok flies in an arc when thrown, making precise aiming difficult.
- When not thrown at full charge, the Javlok has a 1 second delay after landing before exploding.
- Once the Javlok is thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player's hands after 6 seconds.
- See Category:Javlok Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Javlok Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Javlok's secondary fire throws the weapon itself at the target, inflicting 150 physical damage to the impaled target and 300 area-of-effect Heat damage to all enemies within the impact radius.
- For each round remaining in the magazine when thrown, an additional 20% damage will be added to the 300 AoE damage. For example, with just one round left the throw will deal 150 physical damage and 300 × (1 + 1 × 20%) = 360 Heat damage. A full magazine of 6 will deal 150 physical damage and 300 × (1 + 6 × 20%) = 660 Heat damage.
- The thrown Javlok has Punch Through and can pierce through enemies. It will not explode until it hits a solid surface.
- If thrown without a full charge, the detonation area is indicated by a glowing aura around the weapon before detonating after a short fuse.
- When fully charged, the Javlok no longer has innate Punch Through, and will detonate instantly on contact. Even with allies.
- Charging the throw increases the projectile velocity, and fully charging it removes the explosion delay. It does not affect damage dealt either by the explosion or the projectile itself.
- The Javlok will remain at the location where it was thrown for 6 seconds after landing, automatically teleporting to the player after said duration or until the player manually picks the Javlok back up again.
- 33% of clip reloaded every second when The Javlok is deployed.
- Throwing the Javlok will consume all of the remaining ammo in the magazine, but only if the Javlok explodes. Throwing the weapon at close range and picking it up before it explodes will neither consume ammo, nor create an explosion.
- The Javlok's secondary fire has a max throwing range of 48 meters.
- Although the secondary fire AoE inflicts Heat damage, it has a guaranteed knockback effect, staggering all affected enemies for a short time.
- While the Javlok's secondary fire can be charged while wall-latching or mounting a zipline, the weapon itself will not be thrown until the player dismounts from the wall or zipline, upon which the Javlok will immediately launch.
- This also applies to sliding and can result in unintentional, often lethal damage if the user is aiming too low.
- Alt-fire is not affected by Multishot.
- If the Javlok directly hits an enemy and the enemy survives the explosion, the Javlok will remain impaled on the enemy.
- Primary fire projectiles are affected by punch through, although it only affects map geometry, similar to the Grattler.
- As of Hotfix 19.11.5, primary-fire projectiles explode on impact dealing AoE damage against enemies within a 1.6m radius (unsure if affected by Firestorm but testing didn't show a perceivable difference). Oddly the blast radius against the players appears to be 3.8m (unaffected by Firestorm), it's unknown whether this difference is a bug or intended.
- The ability to equip the Adhesive Blast mod was removed in Update 21.3.1, likely due to it having no effect or benefits if it did.
- Both the primary and secondary fire of the Javlok can be controlled by Ivara's Navigator.
- It's highly recommended to use Wildfire when modding the Javlok, as both the Heat damage and magazine capacity boost will improve the weapon's secondary fire damage.
- The Javlok's primary fire mode has an Alarming noise level, but the alt-fire throw itself is considered silent and therefore will not break Ivara's Prowl.
- The Javlok works well in conjunction with Vauban's Bastille's Vortex part as the AoE damage dealt by the alt-fire will hit all enemies trapped in the Vortex.
- Secondary fire will pierce and hit the head of an enemy manning a Rampart even without punch through.
- Secondary fire is unaffected by mods that require you to aim to gain benefits (e.g., Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds) on account of the weapon being in flight. It's advised to mod accordingly if you plan on using the alt-fire extensively.
- Javlok Capacitors, which drop from Grineer Prosecutors, can be farmed on Ceres.
- When the javlok is thrown, it is considered as holstered thus can make use of the Synth mod set's bonus, resulting in the javlok being throwable again when you pick it up.
- In close-quarters where the extra velocity isn't needed, throwing the Javlok without charging it can make it easier to avoid self-damage due to the explosion delay and range indicator.
- The high Punch Through of the non-charged version also makes it harder to accidentally blow yourself up by hitting enemies or allies that get too close.
- The name is a play on "Javelin" and the "Lok" naming scheme which is common to Grineer weapons.
- The Spearguns (Javlok, Ferrox, Scourge) have their own unique set of idle animations on every Warframe, both on Agile and Noble.
- The Javlok was originally named "Flame-spear" by the council chat.
- The Javlok is so far the only weapon that has a resource exclusive to it, in this case being the Javlok Capacitor.
- When holstered, the Javlok's hilt will retract and the muzzle of the weapon will be covered.
- Sometimes the Javlok will not be equippable for a period of time after being picked up, forcing the user to switch weapons.
- Applying punch through on the Javlok and using its alt-fire will cause it to do a self-harming explosion that has no visual indicator, but won't physically "explode" and damage enemies until it's reached a sufficient stopping point in flight.
- Having -accuracy will seemingly shift the AoE radius in such a weird way that it will cause self-harm when thrown too close.
- The AoE from throwing the Javlok doesn't deal damage to arming Sapping Osprey orbs. Only a direct hit from the thrown Javlok can damage arming orbs.
- Throwing the Javlok on a Nullifier Crewman's bubble will lodge the weapon into it. Disabling the bubble will make the Javlok disappear along with the bubble and killing the Nullifier Crewman will force the player to wait until the Javlok automatically returns.
- However, it's possible to pick up the Javlok while it is lodged in the bubble.
- While Hall Of Mirrors is active, picking the Javlok up after having thrown it earlier will result in the Javlok disappearing but not actually returning to Mirage's possession. The weapon will still automatically return after 6 seconds.
- In some cases, it's possible for the Javlok to be lodged underground, even without punch through mods equipped.
- The weapon will still return to the player after 6 seconds.
- When an enemy with a lodged Javlok dies, there is a chance for the weapon to disappear with them.
- Although the alt-fire Throw is not given additional projectiles from multishot, it will still show an increase in damage and status chance in the Arsenal when multishot mods are equipped. But this bonus damage and status chance are not there in actual use.
Last updated: Update 25.4
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|