The Jat Kusar is a Grineer Blade and Whip with rocket boosters attached, giving it innate Heat damage. This weapon was originally based off a fan design which Digital Extremes incorporated into the game.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Jat Kittag|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested and Infested Flesh.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Highest critical chance and critical multiplier of all blade and whips.
- High status chance.
- Heavy attacks cause an explosion dealing 218 Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- This explosion is treated as Slam Radial Damage and its damage can only be increased with Seismic Wave
- Slam Radial Damage deals Heat damage.
- Two innate polarities.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Heavy attack explosions have innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Lowest status chance and attack speed of all blade and whips.
- The Jat Kusar, unlike other Blade and Whips, does not ragdoll and pull enemies towards the player upon landing the fourth attack of the stanceless/Claws of the Drake combo or Heavy Attacks.
- Instead, Heavy Attack direct hits only knock enemies down, while the explosions ragdoll and throw the enemy a small distance straight up into the air.
- The Slam Radial Damage has a small chance to inflict the Heat status effect, but is unaffected by status chance mods.
- The Jat Kusar is the winning entry of Digital Extremes' The Best Defense Melee Creation Contest. It was designed by Silverbones, who also created the Silva & Aegis, another Heat-based melee weapon.
- In the Jat Kusar's concept art, Silverbones refers to the weapon as a "Plasma Kusarigama".
- The explosion caused by Heavy Attacks is not centered on the visual explosion. It is instead centered on the player, like a Slam Attack.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|